1. FORUM IS READ ONLY

Please read this thread!
    THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT OVER THE YEARS.
    Dismiss Notice

Challa - Song - Jab Tak Hai Jaan

Discussion in 'Jab Tak Hai Jaan - Hall of Fame' started by kotsheno, Sep 30, 2012.

1. N a d a

N a d a Member

OMG !!
    What a song <3
    I used to hate guitar but nw i just LOVE it!
    he looks so happy and handsome!
    No one can believe that he is 46 !
    he looks younger MashAllah
    SRK YOU ARE THE BEST !!!!!!!!!!

2. chandu28

chandu28 Well-Known Member

The song was awesome..............waiting for the full one. And Rabbi Shergill does a good job. It always cannot be a Sonu Nigam or Udit Narayan singing for SRK. And especially this song having a punjabi & sufi touch to it, can be sung only by someone like Rabbi or Rahman Saab himself. And my god...........love the lyrics.

3. bijal

bijal Well-Known Member

When you hear it for the first time, you do feel bit awkward listening to the new voice behind SRK because we are used to Udit Naryan, Sonu, Abhijeet, Sukhbinder etc. sing for SRK, but initially when Sukhbinder sang for SRK I felt the same, but look what happens to each song – SRK remains constant and his expressions and getting deep in to each songs makes it work! When I heard the title song of “Chak De India”, I was like…this does not go well with SRK, but look now, the song has become almost like a national anthem in India. I know it will take time for some of us, but eventually SRK with his acting skills and expressions, will make it workJ with each listens, it is growing on me – very fastJ

4. SWEET

SWEET ♥Panorama♥

i have to say my opinion i do agree with u with every word u said but! my brop is not the song or the singer or srk :p
    its the matching i feel like the video and srk way of singing or the choreography dosnet mach the song i like the song i like the video but it feel sth isnt right they both dont come together and its just my opinion

ASLH says thanks.
  5. Mara

Mara Well-Known Member

I am still completely bewildered about what the words of the song are saying. That's where the video doesn't come together for me.

SRK says it means: “When I am with u, we stay up all night, trying to find each other. When you're not here, I can't go to sleep....i wait for u. LABDA PHIR” and explains further: “says the 2 insomnias of love where you keep searching for your lover. Thats the meaning of Challa ki labda phire”

In the interview with Yash Chopra, Chopra says something about the “Challa” as being the whole theme of the movie, “What are you waiting for?”.
    Aalif Surti says: “#Challa means ring, but the word in this context is Jhalla, which means a wanderer, vagabond like a mad person...”

The visuals of the song show SRK looking deliriously happy doing odd crap jobs, the Jhalla full of love for his freedom, his music, and rapture of being young. He's too joyous to be in love. Is he filled with anticipation of what he wants love to be? Then he meets Katrina at the end.

I love the song, the singer, the visuals. But the video doesn’t seem to go with what has been said so far about the words and what they mean. What am I missing?

6. Karan#1

Karan#1 Well-Known Member

and now 578 655 views in 19 hours

7. Karan#1

Chall ki labda phire means mad lover what are you looking for (i'm sure yash chopra said 'looking' not 'waiting'). Basically throughout the song srk is looking for someone, someone who is his, perhaps his love, because essentially he's everyone's but no one is his.

Mara says thanks.
  8. orangerulez

orangerulez Member

this song is a diappointment,voice does not go with SRK, no melody, nothing like AR Rehman,music. of screen SRK is better young looking than in this song. why sufi music with a hip hop back ground?. with his last venture, hope Mr Yash does not damadge his immage & SRK,s,who is already not doing enough movies to maintain the success he used to have, beccoming maturer earlier than others.

9. rollercoast

rollercoast Zindagi

Just wait Mara.
    We really have no idea of the context of the song, the nuances, the emotion, until we see the whole film.
    Just have faith till then and enjoy the view! :madgrin:

Prerna Dewan and Mara thank this.
  10. JUG

JUG Well-Known Member

how successfully katrina spoils the mood of the song with her expressionless and wooden face!!! otherwise the song is simply outstanding..not for the masses though. i have absolutely fallen for it :)

Shanti Chand says thanks.
  11. Karan#1

C'mon, how didn't you like that cute smile katrina gives srk at 1:59? Hopefully it grows upon the masses but anyways there's the club song among others to appeal on a big scale to the masses.
    The song has been received very well so it's only a disappointment for you. How can you say yash chopra will damage his and srk's image based on a song you didn't like? Actually SRK is looking much younger in the trailer and this song promo (most people agree with that), much more younger than say salman or akshay - don't believe me I'll show you close up pics.

12. kotsheno

kotsheno Well-Known Member

Challa From Jab Tak Hai Jaan With Arabic & English Subtitle

Jasmine, iamsrking and ASLH thank this.
  13. Karan#1

Awesome response to Challa and most importantly it's catching up among the masses:
    Box Office Capsule@boxofficecapsul
    @ameesha45 ming blogging..all media houses are going mad..chk yoi indiatoday nd all..its catching up among masses too

14. Cyndi L.

Cyndi L. Member

I have Done the Challa video with ENGLISH SUBTITLES. Some folks don't like youtube, but that is what I use.Hope you can use it. Here is the link. I hope you like it : D

FKhan, phul, iamsrking and 3 others thanked this.
  15. Cyndi L.

Cyndi L. Member

Just LOVE that pic of him... love love love. Smart men are so sexy !

16. sistlashyamu

sistlashyamu Active Member

i completely agree with you! i too was having the same thing in my mind while i was watching it!
    but could not express it!!!!you did it for me!!<3 challa

nika says thanks.
  17. sistlashyamu

'challa' full audio song is available on youtube.com!!!!here goes the link

18. sistlashyamu

SRK is the only actor who can play all kind of roles nd make everyone feel like that role was made only for him!!
    he's the only one who makes blockbuster and super hits with out making any remakes!!
    from 20years he's been holding bollywood on his shoulders and has been constantly bringing craze and fame for hindi movies overseas!!
    PROUD TO BE A SRKIAN!!!!! i<3 you SRK!!!

Attached Files:

Jasmine and Mara thank this.
  19. Sofie

Sofie Well-Known Member

To those who still didn't quite like the song, just watch SRK's expressions and I'm sure you'll get hooked on to the song!:D

nika says thanks.
  20. precious_ain

precious_ain Well-Known Member

Rabbi Shergill is Ok for me, but Shafqat Amanat Ali would be far much better for SRK, in my opinion.
    As he, too, is a sufi singer which was the requirement for the song and his voice suits very well with SRK king khan like in Mitwa (KANK), Tere Naina (MNIK) and Dildaara (Ra.1).

Becy and iamsrking thank this.