1. FORUM IS READ ONLY

Please read this thread!
    THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT OVER THE YEARS.
    Dismiss Notice

Chak De is in my soul..

Discussion in 'Members reviews' started by Shilpz, Aug 19, 2007.

1. Shilpz

Shilpz Well-Known Member

Awesome movie!! It teaches the subtly of life and who else than Shah Rukh to teach us as coach. We all carry some kind of pain inside but pain always defeats the human being. Through Shah Rukh's acting in the movie we learn to deal with this inner pain. Hockey = game of life, while the ball represents life and the hockey stick represents our ego. Life (the ball) is given to us to achieve our target. Sometimes inspite of our good efforts we are unable to strike a goal because in the game of life we need to cooperate with other players. Sometimes our inner emotions affect our game of life. Even if we try our level best on the surface, we still are defeated. For that we need a coach (God) in our life. God, or a higher power, is a symbol of all virtues and attributes. We cannot succeed if we lack few virtues of cooperation, understanding, and coordination so we surrender to a higher power (God) to understand this game of life better just like in the movie the girls surrendered to their coach (Shah Rukh) to teach them the techniques of the game. Though winning is important, how to win is a question. The winner is that person who understands the game well. Shah Rukh really slipped deep into this character and through this he showed the maturity of his inner self. Chak De India is a deep movie but if you watch carefully it can make you understand the whole concept of what we call life.

I love how the movie was so realistic, you can totally identify with everything. It's soo true how hockey as a sport in India is taken so lightly...they give more importance to sports like cricket. I remember a long time ago when I was in school in my gym class we were playing field hockey, my teacher said, "Hockey is the national sport of India" and I was thinking, "National sport? No it's not, it's cricket..what is he talking abt!" So when I saw the movie that incident totally clicked with me. There was not one scene in the movie where I felt was artificial or overboard. It's a very well made film with each and every scene made with a lot of effort and hard work.

The performances by all the girls were fantastic! But my favorites were Komal, Balbir, Molly (even though she didn't have many dialogues, her expressions and eyes spoke for her), Preeti and Bindiya.

My favorite scenes: Oh my gosh there were soo many! I love the McDonald's scene where the girls beat up the guys...hahaha Kabir was just sitting there watching :D and how he stops the guy who comes from the back and he says to him, "In hockey there are no cowards" :p The scene in the rain where he recites "Nasrun MinAllahe Wah Fatahun Kareeb" --his expressions were WOW! And there was one scene which made me cry right before the game with the boys..how he talks abt girls in general, I don't remember what he says but that made me so emotional :eek: The scene where SRK zips up Bindiya's track suit thingie ahhhh :eek: There are soo many other scenes but I can't think of em right now...will probably add more later once they come to mind ;)

Overall the film is just fabulous! When I came out of the movie the first thing I said was, "I'm sooo proud to be a Shah Rukh Khan fan!" I'm soo happy that he has acted in this film. I cannot see anyone else playing Kabir Khan than Shah Rukh Khan! :) :heart:

2. Zuhal

Zuhal Guest

The way you discribe it is beautiful :heart: I get tears in my eyes:eek:

Thank you so much for you review Shlipa :hug:

3. K

K I love you Shah Rukh. Staff Member

OMG Sweetieoo that is sooo sooo beautiful!!! I love all the symbolism you talked about and how you related it to real life, our inner selves and God...its just soo beautiful!!!:heart:

I'm really so glad you shared this...it makes me feel so good inside and proud of you.:hug: (if I'm allowed to feel proud of you.:eek:)

Thank you.:)

4. Shilpz

Shilpz Well-Known Member

Awwwwww Sweetieoo thankoo! :kiss: I feel like hugging you tight :hug::hug: Ofcourse you can feel proud of me pagli...I'll feel honored :eek: Love you :heart:

5. Shilpz

Shilpz Well-Known Member

Awww thanks sweetie pie :kiss: This movie makes me so emotional, it's like all the emotions just come out u know what i mean :eek:

6. sanjani

sanjani Ullu-Club Member

Thank you, Shilpa! :) :thumb:
    Great review! :thumb:

7. Zuhal

Zuhal Guest

Thanks to you I'm more curious about the film now :hug:
    eek question... do you think it's better than Swades?

8. beegees

beegees New Member

that was a very nice review thank you for sharing it with us.

9. Wafa

Wafa I want my Mom!!!

that was very beautiful cueetoo :heart::heart::heart: you are really good in writing you should post more of your beautiful comments on srk :D
    thank you for the review shilps.

10. KKhan

KKhan Well-Known Member

nice review and i totally agree the film is a masterpiece

11. Shilpz

Shilpz Well-Known Member

That's a tough question...Swades is my all time favorite movie but Chak De definitely comes close to it :)

12. sonal

sonal SRK's D&G lover!

wow awesome review yaar.... im happy that you enjoyed the film...bye the way where did you go to see it?

i always felt that in all the roles that he has done there has been some part of srk himself that he has brought out in every character but something was different with Kabir Khan, it made me feel that he wasnt srk at all but just pure Kabir...as if he himself had become that character and srk was lost. i dunno how to explain it but it was as if srk was totally into this role that you could feel it.

13. sanjani

sanjani Ullu-Club Member

... a great actor...! The best... !!! :thumb: :thumb: :heart:

14. Shilpz

Shilpz Well-Known Member

Awww thanks yaar! I saw it at that Farmingdale multiplex...it was only the three of us and two other ppl lol. I guess because we went during the afternoon so not many ppl go out to see it then.

OMG i know exactly what you mean! He totally became the character, Kabir Khan.

15. Ricky80

Ricky80 Member

Yes, Chak De India is a amazing film and SRK proved he is the best by playing Kabir Khan..!!!

16. semaay

semaay Senior Member

Thank you very much, Shilpa for your beautiful and touching review! :thumb:
    Yes, we can be really proud of being SRK fans!

17. zahra

zahra khanaddicted

Re : Chak De is in my soul..

I wonder when I could watch it?:sad:
    Thanks for sharing Shilpa :thumb:!

18. Poonam

Poonam New Member

Very well said, Shilpz, your comments on the philosophy in CDI gave me goosepimples. So much depth in a movie that is so deceptively simple...wow!

Actually this film itself is all about teamwork...the genius of Jaideep Sahni, the vision of Shimit Amin and the talent of Shah Rukh which brought it all to life. The girls provided the fun and the action while SRK gave it incredible depth.

I enjoyed the McD scene too, where he calmly bites into his burger in the midst of all that mayhem...:D I swear, I feel like wearing a badge saying 'I'm an SRK fan...and I'm proud of it, too!'

I can't fully express to you guys what's it's like to be in India now - Every time one 's walking out somewhere or driving , you hear the Chak De India song and want to do a little dance of joy. Every time you open a newspaper, there's something about the movie or SRK's role. Don't know why but I feel like crying...

19. kirantoocute

kirantoocute I love Sahir Khan!!

WOW!!!!:eek: That was BEAUTIFUL di!!!!:thumb: It's really touching and well said!!! :hug: I can completely understand and relate! :D

AWWWWW!! That's soooo SWEET!!!! I'm really glad you felt that way di because I bet everyone else has felt that way too, and for those who haven't seen it yet, like me:eek:, can't wait to experience that feeling! Great review once again Shilpa di!! :kiss:

20. K

K I love you Shah Rukh. Staff Member

Aww, thank you yaar.:eek: I love you too.:hug: