1. FORUM IS READ ONLY

Please read this thread!
    THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT OVER THE YEARS.
    Dismiss Notice

Chak De India to premiere Aug 9- London bridged

Discussion in 'Chak De India' started by Kalsoom_24, Jun 12, 2007.

1. nainital

nainital New Member

I know which of these two premieres I'd prefer to attend :p

@Wafa
    I should think, CDI will eventually open in Germany, too - just like KANK and DON did, but much later. So far, no big distributors are interested in a general mainstream release.
    But believe me WE GERMANS ARE WORKING ON CHANGING THAT :D

2. Chicken

Chicken ♥ ♥

August 07, 2007
    source: Deccan Herald

The world premiere of Chak De India will be held at Somerset House, Londons most outstanding 18th century building, situated on the banks of the river Thames.

Superstar ShahRukh Khan, who plays the coach who tries to take a motley group of girls to the pinnacle of world hockey, will be present on the occasion.

Yash Raj Film’s ‘Chak De India’, celebrating India’s national game Hockey, will have its gala world premieres in London and Los Angeles. ‘’Both the premieres are centrepieces of mega festivals that celebrate India and Indian culture in the UK and USA’’, a Yash Raj Films spokesperson said.

The film releases worldwide on August 10.
    The London premiere will take place on August 9 as the centrepiece event of ‘India Now’, a three-month season celebrating London’s strengthening relationship with India and exploring its culture and its contribution to the life of London.

‘’India Now was inaugurated on July 17 and encompasses events and festivities across practically every part of the city of London. The world premiere of ‘Chak De India’ will be held at Somerset House, London’s most outstanding 18th century building, situated on the banks of the river Thames.

Superstar ShahRukh Khan, who plays the coach who tries to take a motley group of girls to the pinnacle of world hockey, will be present on the occasion.

Ken Livingstone, Mayor of London, has been quoted as saying, ‘‘We have many events throughout the three-month duration. However, the world premiere of ‘Chak de India’ will undoubtedly bring existing events. It is a great honour for London to host this launch event for a film which, like so many other Bollywood blockbusters, will
    touch the hearts and minds of millions across the world.’’

The Los Angeles premiere, to be held on August 10, is part of a shorter but no less prestigious event of a nature similar to India Now. Called ‘India Splendor’, the festival runs from August 10-15 and is a mega showcase of India’s arts, business, technology, food, dance, spirituality on the occasion of the country’s 60th anniversary of Independence. ‘Chak De India’ will be the opening night film of ‘India Splendor’.

http://www.deccanherald.com/Content/Aug72007/national2007080717671.asp?section=updatenews