1. FORUM IS READ ONLY

Please read this thread!
    THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT OVER THE YEARS.
    Dismiss Notice

Chak De India to premiere Aug 9- London bridged

Discussion in 'Chak De India' started by Kalsoom_24, Jun 12, 2007.

1. Kalsoom_24

Kalsoom_24 New Member

London bridged

Posted On Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Star-studded premieres at foreign locales are fast catching up. Now Yashraj Films' Chak De India, starring Shah Rukh Khan, will have a world premiere on August 9 at Somerset House in London. The screening is a part of the Film Four Summer Screen programme.

Shah Rukh Khan, who is presently holidaying in London, will attend the premiere with the rest of the cast. Somerset House will be transformed into an open-air theatre, complete with a state of the art giant screen, 35mm projection and surround-sound system.

Following a red carpet arrival, up to 2,000 moviegoers are going to attend the premiere. The courtyard at Somerset House will have sections depicting a hockey field as the film revolves around an ageing and controversial hockey player played by Shah Rukh Khan. There will also be special music performances.

http://www.mumbaimirror.com/net/mmp...sectid=30&contentid=200706130239196254688ab3a

2. meredd31

meredd31 New Member

Re: London bridged

thanks for the news Kalsoom.

I'm feeling sad now because it looks like he won't be coming back to Australia for the launch of the movie.

3. srkandrea

srkandrea srkandrea

AW: London bridged

wow great news, but so sad to expensive for me to go. will go again to amsterdam to watch in on the 11. of august. good luck to all the ones who can go... must be a great event open air with our sweety

4. Wafa

Wafa I want my Mom!!!

Chak De India to premiere in London

MUMBAI: The world premiere of Yash Raj Films' forthcoming movie, Chak De India (Go for it India), starring Shah Rukh Khan, will be held on 9 August 2007 at Somerset House, London.

The premiere, which forms part of the Film 4 Summer Screen programme, will be held as one of the highlights of India Now, a three-month season celebrating London's growing relationship with India.

The event will see London's Somerset House transformed into a full-scale open-air cinema, complete with a state of the art giant screen, 35mm projection and surround-sound. Khan is expected to attend the premiere. Following a red carpet arrival, up to 2,000 moviegoers will enjoy the film's debut within the setting of Somerset House's courtyard.

Produced by Aditya Chopra and directed by Shimit Amin, Chak De India is the comeback story of an ageing hockey player (Shah Rukh Khan). The film sees Khan starring as coach, fighting his personal demons as he takes a motley group of girls to the pinnacle of world hockey.

The India Now season is set to launch on 17 July 2007 with a visual display of India and London's most iconic landmarks. The event will be attended by a selection of famous Indian and London cultural ambassadors. Over 150 of London's cultural organisations and attractions will participate in the India Now season, which will showcase India's contribution to world culture, its rich tradition and celebrate new Indian trends across business, art, film, theatre, food, music and fashion.

http://www.businessofcinema.com/?file=story&id=3875

5. sanjani

sanjani Ullu-Club Member

Great event for the Londoners.... :thumb: :clap2: :(

6. najet

najet dil se

Re : Chak De India to premiere Aug 9- London bridged

which great event:eek: ,
    the Londoners are always lucky to be able to receive our shahrukh :clap2: :clap2:

I would also love that he comes to present to us his film in our movie theater, us, Shah rukh does not forget to us you had promised it to us!! no !!???????:(

7. Lia

Lia Well-Known Member

That's great. I hope Chak De can be success in overseas too.

8. sonal

sonal SRK's D&G lover!

awesome news!!! :thumb: damn if only i was in london

9. lauram

lauram New Member

Wow lucky Londoners! I knew I should have gone there for a holiday.

10. srkmyidol

srkmyidol Confidence...

kash!!! i wish i was there

11. Pakiza

Pakiza New Member

me too:(

12. Srk_Pagal

Srk_Pagal New Member

Ahhh *fingers crossed* im going to be there! :)
    Do u think if i dont get tickets to see the actual movie ill still get a good view of him if i stand outside?

13. semaay

semaay Senior Member

I am thinking of going to London in August over a weekend! Maybe take a morning flight, watch the movie Chak de India and take a late flight night back home! I will see! But great for the fans who live in London!

14. Zuhal

Zuhal Guest

I'm happy for the fans in London:) Thanks for sharing Kalsoom

15. Anjali1977

Anjali1977 Shah and Kajol 4 Eva

AW: Chak De India to premiere Aug 9- London bridged

WOW, great news! I have holidays in August, maybe I will fly! I hope I have a chance to see him!!!!!

16. srk-nihal

srk-nihal Winning Hearts

August 9 premiere of King Khan starrer 'Chak De India' in London

London, June 13: The much-awaited and least disclosed movie from the Yash Chopra stable, 'Chak De', starring superstar Shahrukh Khan will have a London premiere on August 9.

The comeback story of an ageing hockey player, played by ShahRukh Khan, will be one of the glittering highlights of India Now, a three-month season celebrating London's growing relationship with India and exploration of India's culture and its contribution to London life.

The movie will be premiered at London's magnificent Somerset House, which is being transformed into a full-scale open-air cinema, complete with a state of the art giant screen, 35mm projection and surround-sound.

The ceremony will have a red carpet arrival, followed up by the screening where up to 2,000 moviegoers will enjoy the film's debut within the majestic setting of Somerset House's courtyard.

Produced by Aditya Chopra and directed by Shimit Amin, Chak De India captures the story of a coach, fighting his personal demons, as he takes a motley group of girls to the pinnacle of world hockey.

Copyright Dailyindia.com/ANI

http://www.dailyindia.com/show/1491...-of-King-Khan-starrer-Chak-De-India-in-London

17. srk-nihal

srk-nihal Winning Hearts

SRK to say CHAK DE INDIA In London

[​IMG]

A great surprise for all Shahrukh fans in London, the King Khan of Bollywood is all set for the premiere of his next film CHAK DE INDIA, on August 9 at Somerset House in London. After JHOOM BARABAR JHOOM, CHAK DE INDIA would be Yash Raj’s next flick lined up for the release. The film has already attracted a lot of attention, with Shahrukh in the role of a hockey coach something, which he has never attempted before.

The Superstar, along with the entire cast will attend the world premiere of the movie. The film’s premiere is one of the highlights of ‘India Now’, a three-month season starting from July 17. The ties growing between India and London are celebrated by ‘India Now’. Mayor Ken Livingston said in a press release that, many wonderful events are taking place across London and that the world premiere of CHAK DE INDIA will be one of the biggest and most exciting events.

CHAK DE INDIA, is a story of a hockey coach for a girl’s team and a young Sikh girl played by debutante Vidya Malvade who is keen to join the hockey team but her parents do not approve her interest. Shahrukh plays a guy who is a little unhappy in life and whose only aim is to see the Indian tri-colour hoisted with the other countries’ flags.

So we are eagerly waiting for you Shahrukh to say CHAK DE INDIA!

http://www.glamsham.com/movies/scoops/07/jun/15_srk_to_say_chak_de_india_in_london.asp

18. dilos

dilos Well-Known Member

great idea..do it for all of us ..

19. kikki

kikki tum hi meri jaan

wow...great I will fly....:scared: :scared: :scared:

20. Pompula

Pompula Shahrukh Fan-Girl

:doh: If only my holiday would start one week earlier, I would so go.... Lucky people in London....