1. FORUM IS READ ONLY

Please read this thread!
    THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT OVER THE YEARS.
    Dismiss Notice

'Chak De! India' in race for national awards

Discussion in 'Chak De India' started by sid, Aug 14, 2009.

1. sid

sid SRK Fanatic

New Delhi: Aamir Khan's 'Taare Zameen Par', 'Chak De! India' starring Shah Rukh Khan and Jab We Met featuring Shahid Kapur and Kareena Kapoor are among the films in the race for national film awards for the year 2007.

Noted film maker Sai Paranjpe has been appointed as the head of the jury in the feature film category for national film awards for the year.

Sources in the Ministry for Information and Broadcasting told PTI today that well-known writer Namita Gokhale would be heading the jury for selecting best writings on Indian Cinema while documentary film maker Ashoke Vishwanathan will head the jury for non-film category.

More than 100 entries, including 'Taare Zameen Par' and 'Chak De! India', have been received by the ministry for both feature film and non-feature film categories.

The juries for respective categories were notified by the ministry last week, sources said.

The jury for selecting best writings on Indian Cinema started screening the entries from Friday while Sai Paranjpe-led jury will start screening entries in the feature film category from August 17.

Ministry sources said feature films and non-feature films in all major Indian languages and writings on Indian cinema, that came out in the year 2007, are eligible for national awards for that year.

With the selection process for finalising entries for the awards having started, senior officials in Directorate of Film Festivals (DIFF) said winners would be declared by the first week of September while the awards presentation would be held in October this year.

In July this year, Minister for Information and Broadcasting Ambika Soni had held a meeting with ministry officials as well as senior officials of DIFF to streamline national film awards for the years 2007 and 2008.

Concerned over disruption in awards calendar and delay due to court cases, because of which the awards were running two years behind schedule, Soni had clearly directed her officials to finalise the awardees for 2007 and 2008 by the end of this year.
    The ministry had given the national film awards for 2006 last year.

DIFF sources said once the winners of 2007 are finalised next month, the process for selection of the jury for 2008 awards would start by November this year so that the winners can be announced by early next year.

http://news.in.msn.com/national/article.aspx?cp-documentid=3142163

2. Shabana_SRK

Shabana_SRK Dr D&G

inshallah CDI wins :D

3. sid

sid SRK Fanatic

SRK nominated or not for best actor can any one found this .I pray he wins for chak de india .MAY ALLAH FULFILL SRK THIS DREAM AMIN :pray::pray::pray::pray:

4. bluey[Ru]

bluey[Ru] Guest

ok
    im confused :confused2:

5. Shabana_SRK

Shabana_SRK Dr D&G

the national film awards are that really prestiges award in india and i guess they are now doing the awards for '07

6. bluey[Ru]

bluey[Ru] Guest

why would they do that for movies that were released 2 years ago? :suspicious:

7. prilvsrk

prilvsrk ♥tere liye♥

the indian national awards are VERY LATE!! the run 2 yrs behind.. i have no idea why... but they do.. its quite stupid.. i think they sort of took a break a couple years ago.. so they fell behind

8. Shabana_SRK

Shabana_SRK Dr D&G

cuz they are late and take forever :lol:

9. bluey[Ru]

bluey[Ru] Guest

you think so? :pound:

10. Shabana_SRK

Shabana_SRK Dr D&G

haan ji :D

11. sid

sid SRK Fanatic

ANY idea SRK nominated or not

12. Shabana_SRK

Shabana_SRK Dr D&G

idk saadia..not sure i don't think so :(

13. srkworld

srkworld New Member

..so much disrespect for the most prestigious award!! :D anyway there was some legal problem a film ran into which caused the delay.
    i wish SRK wins it..he truly DESERVES it.

14. Shabana_SRK

Shabana_SRK Dr D&G

srk should have gotten a national award a long time ago

15. Pompula

Pompula Shahrukh Fan-Girl

I hope this time they DON'T repeat the disaster of 2004, and they finally give the award to Shahrukh...

16. Shabana_SRK

Shabana_SRK Dr D&G

yes i agree katja..he was robbed

17. bonita

bonita Shahrukh-My LOVE

I don't know what to think of National Awards

They are like IIFA, FAMILY cause its the reason Saif(love you) got the award. His mother is/was part of the whole thing.

Shahrukh should have like 5 of those darn awards.

anyways I hope CDI get it.

18. sonataca

sonataca SRK's Mommy

I don't see any other actor other than Shahrukh that should win it this time! But again, "they might start to feel, Darsheel deserves it better" or they are TOTALLY nuts, they'll select Shahid :crazy:

Sorry for being rude but I was SO outraged when Shahrukh wasn't given one earlier.:rolleyes2:

But I'll be positive and pray that Shahrukh wins it this time! :amen:

19. Shabana_SRK

Shabana_SRK Dr D&G

yea its all politics...i find it odd that shahrukh and aamir both have never gotten national awards but saif has(love him). hum tum was great but swades was way better

20. bluey[Ru]

bluey[Ru] Guest

WHAT?! :suspicious::suspicious::suspicious:

Saif got one for HUM TUM!?!?!?!?!???!?! :jaw: