1. FORUM IS READ ONLY

Please read this thread!
    THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT OVER THE YEARS.
    Dismiss Notice

Cancun International Film Festival 14-18 Nov 2008

Discussion in 'Chak De India' started by meredd31, Apr 30, 2008.

1. meredd31

meredd31 New Member

http://www.yashrajfilms.com/News/NewsDetails.aspx?NewsID=823fdaa8-3d2b-4e1f-a024-7252092e7ea4

The “Chak De India” team continues on its victorious march! After having swept India, UK and the US, Shahrukh Khan and his team have now set their eyes on winning over Latin America. The film has been invited to be a part of the Cancun International Film Festival, to be held in Mexico from the 14th to 18th November 2008.

The Cancun International Film Festival is one of the world’s youngest but also one of the world’s most vibrant film festivals. It is renowned for showcasing alternative cinema from all corners of the globe. This year’s edition, featuring almost 60 films in competitive and non-competitive sections, parties, fashion shows and VIP receptions, promises to be a memorable affair.

It will be even more memorable for Indian film lovers as “Chak De India” manages to woo the Latin America in a manner that not many previous Indian movies have succeeded. And given that “Chak De India” has such universal appeal, coupled with the fact that much of South America is sports mad, makes it highly probable that “Chak De India” will manage to do exactly that and leave a permanent mark on the Cancun Film Festival.

2. MarjorieGK

MarjorieGK Ullu-Club-Member

Great news indeed! :clap2: I'm sure CDI will be successful there too. Keep my fingers crossed.

3. GemaSRK

GemaSRK Well-Known Member

ya you right Marjorie i hope too.:pray2:
    Great news thank you Diana.

4. Suhana2000

Suhana2000 Yvonne-SRKfan

Wonderful news. I'm sure too, that CDI will be successful there.

5. sanjani

sanjani Ullu-Club Member

Ah! Good news!! :thumb:

I hope they'll like it!!! :)

6. BeBeDana

BeBeDana SRKLicious

Wonderful news!! Thank you Diana!!I was just telling my self the other day how there's a certain feel to latin/Mexican/south American Cinema. the colors the score, the cinematography, the vigor, the rawness…it's all there in CDI and as it has been an beautifully done emotional film and won many local awards, I have a feeling it will also do the trick with the Latin Audiences as they are too like Indian audience very emotional and sentimental and these issues are of great importance to them...I wish CDI, it's team and most of all Shah Rukh all the best in Cancun:thumb:…and if worse comes to worst and the film isn't the big winner of the evening then hey he could have a great time with the family in a gorgeous city like Cancun :lol:!!

7. JUG

JUG Well-Known Member

This is totally awesome..so now Shahrukh is all set to add yet another million to his already big fat family since CDI will surely be loved by one and all!

Right..no one impresses like SRK! He has always been the trend-setter.All the Best Shahrukh!

8. srk-nihal

srk-nihal Winning Hearts

WOW!!! Latin America :) all the best for SRK, I'm sure the lights of the festival will be shed on CDI that special evening for it is one of he finest movies the cancun audience can ever seen! it just has EVERYTHING!

9. bluey[Ru]

bluey[Ru] Guest

wohaaaaaa :whoo::whoo::clap2::clap2:
    tht makes me want to watch Chak De now :D
    CHAK DE SHAHRUKH! :D:whoo:

10. MaryAnnK

MaryAnnK Well-Known Member

Once you have tasted the best, it is hard to enjoy the rest!!

I hope the people in Latin America are not too disappointed when others try to enter in their theaters after Shah Rukh.