1. FORUM IS READ ONLY

Please read this thread!
    THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT OVER THE YEARS.
    Dismiss Notice

Calcutta captures King

Discussion in 'Happy New Year' started by darina4srk, Oct 29, 2014.

1. darina4srk

darina4srk SRKManiac

Calcutta captures King
    Superstar dances and dimples his way into 10,000 hearts

CHANDREYEE CHATTERJEE AND PRAMITA GHOSH

[​IMG]
    Shah Rukh Khan clicks a fan selfie after rocking Indiawaale Kolkata Mein Chha Gaye! presented by t2, on the St. Xavier’s College grounds

"I genuinely feel like a king of the world because of everyone in Calcutta. I was born in Delhi, brought up in Mumbai but the love that I get here I get nowhere else"

Shah Rukh Khan rocked St. Xavier’s College on Wednesday evening with his dimpled smile, star appeal and snappy quips, giving a 10,000-strong crowd of screaming fans plentiful “happy” moments to remember the evening by.

If a kiss each on the forehead was a fairy tale come true for three second-year students, SRK’s spontaneity ensured that everyone else had something to take away from the hour-long Happy New Year show “Indiawaale Kolkata Mein Chha Gaye!” — presented by t2 in association with CenturyPly and Gameplan, powered by Glamour World Ayurvedic and partnered by the St. Xavier’s College Alumni Association and 91.9 Friends FM.

Chants of “We want Shah Rukh” had rent the air from 5.30pm with half the crowd already on the playground by then, armed with posters professing their love for King Khan and wishing HNY “good luck”. By the time SRK, Farah Khan and the rest of the Indiawaale team arrived from The Oberoi Grand, the crowd had doubled.

First on the stage was director Farah, who promised the audience King Khan in exchange for another promise. “Promise me, all 10,000 of you will go and watch Happy New Year again tomorrow, then I’ll ask Shah Rukh to come on stage,” she said.

For SRK, this crowd would have promised her the moon.

[​IMG]
    LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT: A SELFIE WITH SRK

Friends Priyanka Madhogaria, Swasti Bhartiya and Tanisha Murarka, second-year students of St. Xavier’s College, got their “best Diwali gift ever” on Wednesday evening from… King Khan! The trio who were waiting on their college grounds from 3pm, rushed backstage to catch their hero on his way out but by the time they jostled through the crowd he was already seated in his car. Then, a “fairy tale” unfolded. “Please come out! Please come out!” screamed the three girls. Suddenly, SRK stepped out of the car and pulled the trio out of the crowd. “He hugged us and kissed us on our foreheads! He also wished us luck and told us to take care!” squealed Priyanka-Swasti-Tanisha. Long after Shah Rukh Khan’s Merc had rolled out of the campus, the three friends couldn’t stop jumping, yelling and shrieking, tears of joy streaming down their cheeks. “We couldn’t tell him anything as we were so zoned out but we made sure that we clicked a selfie with him,” shouted Priyanka. “I started crying after he hugged us. This is a lifetime achievement for me. I cannot wait to upload the selfie on Facebook,” gushed Tanisha. “This was the best gift of my life,” added a teary-eyed Swasti.

Shah Rukh jogged onto the stage clad in ripped denims, black tee, tan leather jacket and his trademark dimpled smile. Delirium.

“There is no place like Calcutta for the love that I get and this is even beyond that. So, thank you very much. I am going to be here. I will talk for you, I will dance for you. I will do everything that you guys say,” promised Shah Rukh.

He proceeded to do just that and more.

The crowd would roar in approval whenever Shah Rukh said something, the screaming continuing when his HNY co-stars Sonu Sood and Vivaan Shah or director Farah endorsed the Bolly Badshah’s love for his adopted hometown. “Shah Rukh told me that when you come to Calcutta with him, you witness love like you have never before, and I am witnessing it right now,” Farah said.

“I genuinely feel like a king of the world because of everyone in Calcutta. I was born in Delhi and brought up in Mumbai, but I can tell you, absolutely, unquantifiably, the love that I get in Calcutta I get nowhere else. As long as I am working I want to come back and do something special for Calcutta so please pray for me that I can do so,” Shah Rukh added.

He went on to repeat a dialogue from Happy New Year that he said was closest to his heart and one which students could learn from — “Duniya mein do tarah ke log hote hain, winners and losers, lekin zindagi har loser ko woh ek mowka zaroor deti hai jismein woh winner ban sakte hain.”

While Shah Rukh the non-stop entertainer didn’t come as a surprise, at Xavier’s on Wednesday it was his turn to be entertained by his fans. Ten Xaverians got the opportunity to perform not just for, but with King Khan, Sonu, Vivaan and Farah.

While Moubani Roy Choudhury tried a dialogue from HNY, to which Shah Rukh responded with a “You are breathtaking”, fellow Xaverian Virender Singh sang Indiawaale. But it was when four students chosen to dance with the star took the stage that the fun went up a notch.

“I am switching to the Xavier’s team. I am in Calcutta, I have to be with my city. You guys (Farah, Vivaan and Sonu) can represent HNY,” SRK said, slipping between the Xaverians.

After the group had danced to various songs from HNY, Shah Rukh announced that it was time to groove to something different. “Can we have Lungi dance, please?” he hollered.

The audience went wild, as did everyone on stage.

[​IMG]
    When Class VI student of St. Xavier’s Collegiate School Divyansh Agarwal was reported missing in the crowd crush, SRK did his bit in locating him. “Divyansh, your parents are a little worried. Can you come in front of the stage? You can use this as an excuse to come up and see us from up close as well,” Shah Rukh said, prompting the ladies in the audience to call out that they were all “lost”.

SRK immediately flashed a dimpled smile and flipped a thumbs up sign.

While Shah Rukh hugged, danced, sang along and blew kisses at the audience every few minutes, what he didn’t do despite several requests was take off his black tee and show his eight-pack abs.

The audience did get a glimpse of hunk Sonu’s pectorals though, thanks to director Farah’s bullying.

The HNY team was felicitated by Father Felix Raj, principal of St. Xavier’s College, and also cut a cake to celebrate the success of the film.

Each member of the HNY team got a Xaverian T-shirt and a cap.

The best gift, of course, was reserved for the audience: SRK up close and personal.

http://www.telegraphindia.com/1141030/jsp/calcutta/story_18980434.jsp#.VFF20Bbvoa0

mumbiene, Krisi_love_SRK and tasifa thank this.
  2. darina4srk

darina4srk SRKManiac

SRK brings new year joy early to Kolkata
    TNN | Oct 30, 2014, 12.47 AM IST

KOLKATA: Park Street has not seen such noise ever. Not even on New Year's Eve. But this 'new year' celebration was different, because there was no less than King Khan on stage to usher in the good times with students, teachers, staff and alumni of St Xavier's College.

SRK was on campus for well over an hour on Wednesday to celebrate the success of his new film, Happy New Year. The programme was organized by St Xavier's College Alumni Association.

Most students spent the time on the college greens throughout the day keeping tabs on the preparations that started early in the morning. By 5pm, there was no space to hold a pin and all you saw was a sea of heads, joining the Emcee and screaming for SRK on top of their lungs as they waited for the next two hours.

SRK was accompanied by director Farah Khan and co-actors Sonu Sood and Vivan Shah. The crowd went berserk as the super entertainer kept them on their toes throughout.

Love was in the air as SRK kept stressing over and over again that it was in Kolkata that he was loved most. "Kolkata makes me feel like a king. It is unquantifiable. I want to do something for the city..." he promised. The fact that this was the first time that SRK has performed in any college in the country, kept reverberating, making the joyous screams louder and louder.

SRK danced, sang, delivered the most famous dialogues from his films, accompanied by students on stage who were handpicked for their special roles. King Khan seemed to enjoy every moment, be it his surprise at the precision with which sociology student Moubani Roy Chowdhury copied Deepika Padukone's dialogue in the new film, or the dancing skills of BBA student Bhavika Kapoor.

Another student on stage, Saloni Surekha, confided how she would run along the corridors of the hotel that hosted SRK every time just to catch a glimpse of him. A visibly moved SRK, gave each of his young fans a tight hug, sending the crowd over the moon.

It seemed that SRK was completely at east at Xavier's, not for once looking like an outsider. So when a class VI boy, Divyangsh Agarwal got temporarily lost in the surging crowd and his worried parents went up to the Emcee for an announcement, SRK took the microphone and repeatedly announced the name of the boy, urging him to come up to him on stage. In no time the little boy was there.

SRK and his team seemed to say just the right things that made their Kolkata fans love them even more — mishti doi and rossogolla being their staple. Finally when the "Indiaawale" song conveniently turned into "Xavier's-wale" ... there was no stopping the crowd. Principal, Father Felix Raj, presented the Xavier's t-shirt, cap and tie to SRK and team.

Earlier in the day, SRK went to Nabanna along with his team to meet chief minister Mamata Banerjee. "It is a custom for the actor to meet the chief minister whenever he comes in to city," said a state secretariat official. Khan was with Mamata for over an hour and a half. Throughout his stay the secretariat was abuzz as people tripped over each other to catch a glimpse of him.

At a press conference later, SRK said: "I just want to act and give it my best every time. This is what I have been doing for 25 years. I want to go on doing that humbly and have never made it sound like a big thing. I don't want to intellectualize it."

After the pulsating show at the St. Xavier's, Shah Rukh Khan quickly settled down to discuss films and his future at a press meet on Wednesday evening. He was flanked by director Farha Khan, actors Sonu Sood and Vivaan Shah. looking every bit the megastar in a white shirt and dark trousers, SRK started off by paying a tribute to 'hometown' Kolkata.

"I have told my co-stars that I am going to my hometown and I feel responsible. I have been all over the world with this place. So, I feel bad to come here after the film has been released. But der aye, durust aye," said the actor.

It has been a difficult film to shoot, added SRK who suffered an injury while shooting. "A door fell on his head and he was bleeding. I was paranoid and started crying like Nirupa Roy. But SRK was very composed all the while," recalled Farah. So, will he take off his shirt again like he had done in Om Shanti Om? The actor said he didn't mind if directors like Farha wanted him to do. "I wouldn't mind if the director demands," he said.

Elaborating on Happy New Year's success — the film has already grossed Rs 137 crore — SRK said he felt happy for the producers Red Chillies. "I am not Red Chillies as many would like to think. I have cut myself off from the film business four years ago," announced SRK.

His co-stars were effusive about him. Sonu Sood called him the most secure star he has ever come across. "When I started shooting with him in Dubai, he would always push me, urging me to move to the front," Sood said. SRK interjected by saying that he was actually hiding behind his younger co-actors. "They are all better actors. Hum unke peeche chup rahe the," he quipped.
    But will he reinvent himself as he has often done? And, does he want to be a legend now that he has achieved almost everything? The actor said he was tired of hearing that he always did the same thing. "I make light of what I do. So, yes I would like to go on reinventing myself. Expect the unexpected from me. But eventually I would like to create some magic on screen that my children would be proud of," SRK said.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...joy-early-to-Kolkata/articleshow/44976369.cms

mumbiene and Krisi_love_SRK thank this.
  3. rubyroo

rubyroo Art student. Inspired by him.

When SRK asked HNY team to 'feel the love' in Kolkata
    Witty answers, anecdotes, flying kisses and lots of jhatkas and matkas by Bollywood superstar Shah Rukh Khan punctuated a starry Wednesday evening as he toasted the success of "Happy New Year" with the film team and audience at the St. Xavier's College here.
    Witty answers, anecdotes, flying kisses and lots of jhatkas and matkas by Bollywood superstar Shah Rukh Khan punctuated a starry Wednesday evening as he toasted the success of "Happy New Year" with the film team and audience at the St. Xavier's College here.

Taking questions from a packed house, SRK - along with HNY director Farah Khan, cast members Sonu Sood and Vivaan Shah - interacted with youngsters on stage and on the ground, enacted scenes, sang, shook a leg to hits like "Lungi Dance" from "Chennai Express" and "Indiawale" from HNY and reiterated his admiration for the Kolkata fanbase.

"I am King Khan for the love that you guys have given me. You really have adopted me. No other city gives me this feeling," SRK said to cheers and thunderous applause from the audience.

While one fan, Lakshmi Khanna urged him to repeat "Om Shanti" with her and brought along a gift bag, a young admirer Lovely questioned the absence of HNY actor Deepika Padukone.

Shah Rukh, in his inimitable style, praised her for being more beautiful than Deepika and responded that the actress was busy in a shoot.

"I will bring her along with me to the next match at Eden Gardens," SRK, owner of the Indian Premier League franchise Kolkata Knight Riders, promised.

While the focus was on HNY, fans expressed their love for his other memorable films like "Dil Toh Pagal Hai" (DTPH), "Devdas" and "Chennai Express" as well.

Asked by a youngster to "woo" Farah, SRK sportingly recited the "Aur Paas" ("closera) dialogue from DTPH as he held Farah's hand and ultimately wrapped her in a hug.

"See? Easy," he chirped while Farah dressed in a stunning red kurta added: "This is my lucky day."

Shah Rukh's love for the city's energetic and enthusiastic audience, was echoed by Sonu and Farah during their turns to talk.

"When Shah Rukh told me 'You have to come to Kolkata' to feel the love, I didn't quite believe it, but now I am feeling the love," said Farah.

Sonu, who greeted the spectators in Bengali, also acknowledged Shah Rukh's claim that the Kolkata crowd is the best.

Vivaan termed the experience as "amazing."

Shah Rukh ensured fans had their say and he didn't shy away from answering bold questions like "how can you be so sexy."

"I am born sexy," he said in his signature suave voice as the audience went wild.

http://wap.business-standard.com/ar...-feel-the-love-in-kolkata-114102901516_1.html

mumbiene, Krisi_love_SRK and tasifa thank this.
  4. Krisi_love_SRK

Krisi_love_SRK Well-Known Member

"how can you be so sexy."

"I am born sexy,"

:lol: Definetly :D

darina4srk says thanks.