1. FORUM IS READ ONLY

Please read this thread!
    THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT OVER THE YEARS.
    Dismiss Notice

Breaking News: SRK detained for questioning at US airport

Discussion in 'Shah Rukh Khan Dhamaal' started by sheruka, Aug 14, 2009.

1. Bridget

Bridget Well-Known Member

Re: Breaking News: SRK detained for questioning at US airport::eek:

It's after 4:30 am here...I've got to go to bed finally.

Amid all this I keep thinking about the Atlantic City meet Shahrukh night that was supposed to be August 14th. Did that happen? Was this occurrence at the airport before that or after it? I would think it was when he first flew into the USA so that would have been before Atlantic City...so did it affect that SRK appearance? Anyone know yet?

2. bluey[Ru]

bluey[Ru] Guest

omg yes..
    i wish members here who were able to go and see him, let us know how he was..

3. prilvsrk

prilvsrk ♥tere liye♥

oh and.. like we needed one more thing to be pissed off about..
    salman said that this wasn't a big deal.. and eveyrone shoudl be checked.. and so is he.. so why are we making such a big fuss over this..
    needless to say.. if i put my reaction down here.. it's only going to turn up as **** , ********, ***, *****..

4. bluey[Ru]

bluey[Ru] Guest

:mad2: RIGHT THERE WITH YOU PRI :yell::yell:

5. sonataca

sonataca SRK's Mommy

That is wrong.

Now you know what my family is saying? They are saying that it IS a publicity gimick done by FOX STUDIOS but if that's the case then Shahrukh didn't know this OR he did know...I am outraged even more! :crazy:

6. babygirl23

babygirl23 New Member

am very offended by this bullshit

7. bluey[Ru]

bluey[Ru] Guest

why would he promote a movie that HE STILL DIDNT FINISH SHOOTING!? :mad2:
    when Kabir Khan [the director] was stopped three times did they say HE WAS PROMOTING NEW YORK MOVIE? NO! :mad2::yell::yell::rant:
    just because he is SHAH RUKH KHAN they think anything he does is for public and people seem to forget that these kind of things arent really "promotional" type for any kind of movies, to be held for 2 hours and questioned about stupid things isnt really FUN thing to do! :mad2:

8. sheruka

sheruka SRK forever

HE WENT FOR THE FUNCTION AND JOINED THERE AND SAID HE STILL DIDN'T GET HIS BAG.IT WAS A NICE EVENT ACCORDING TO SOME ONE WHO ATTEND.

I AM SAD, CAUSE HE NEEDED TO HIDE HIS SHAKEN SADNESS BECAUSE OF THE FUNCTION.BUT HOPE IT HELPED HIM TO GET OVER WITH THIS.

9. sonataca

sonataca SRK's Mommy

It happended at our time 11:00pm, I think he finished up the event and was leaving for Chicago but I don't get it...how did this happen while going to Chicago, does that mean, he missed his flight?

10. prilvsrk

prilvsrk ♥tere liye♥

and for heaven's sake.. does he need an incident like this to promote his movie!?!??!? i wish ppl thought with the brains that God gave them... the ppl who think of this as a publicity stunt.. would probably do it themselves... ppl need to get a life and a brain too while they're at it!

wake up!! shah would NOT stoop to such low levels to do anything.. NOONE LIKES to be treated liek a terrorist.. period..

11. bluey[Ru]

bluey[Ru] Guest

EXACTLY!!
    this is getting on my nerves!!!

12. prilvsrk

prilvsrk ♥tere liye♥

13. sonataca

sonataca SRK's Mommy

Exactly my thoughts but who will explain to my family??? They think it's done by FOX. Here's yahoo article:

NEW DELHI (AFP) – Bollywood superstar Shahrukh Khan said he was detained for questioning Saturday at a US airport because he has a Muslim name.
    Khan, known as the "King of Bollywood", said he was questioned at Newark Airport in Newark, New Jersey, for two hours but was let go after the Indian embassy in the United States intervened.
    Khan "is a Muslim name and I think the name is common on their checklist", the 43-year-old actor told an Indian television station by telephone from Chicago.
    Khan, named as one of the top 50 most influential men in the world in 2008 by US magazine Newsweek, was detained by US immigration officers early Saturday.
    The immigration officers wanted to know why the actor was visiting the United States after his name popped up on the computer screen at the counter.
    "I was waiting for my bags... I thought it was nice of them to take me to another room... but that was apparently a second check," Khan said, adding: "I had my papers in order."
    "I was really taken aback," Khan told the CNN-IBN television station.
    "I did not want to say anything just in case they took everything wrong because I am little worried about Americans because they do have this issue when your name is Muslim," he added.
    US airport officials are frequently accused by human rights groups of racially profiling Muslims.
    The actor, who was heading to Chicago to take part in celebrations Saturday to mark India's Independence Day, said the incident was a "little embarrassing" for an entertainer of his stature.
    India's government reacted sharply, saying many such incidents have taken place in the United States.
    "I am of the opinion that the way we are frisked -- for example I too was frisked -- we should also do the same to them," Information and Broadcasting Minister Ambika Soni told reporters in New Delhi.
    In the Indian capital, US Ambassador Timothy Roemer described Khan in a statement as a "global icon" who is a welcome guest in the United States.
    "We are trying to ascertain the facts of the case -- to understand what took place," he said.

Source: http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/2009081...ausbollywoodpeoplekhanreligion_20090815094151

14. Pinky Iqbal

Pinky Iqbal SHAHRUKH LOVER

How dared they??????? :mad2: :yell: :rant: :brick: :laser: :boxing: :fencing:

I saw this news half an hour ago on tv today and i was shocked :shock: How could they treat so badly with SRK? If he has a Muslim surname so what is the big deal haan? And they questioned him for about 2 hours :mad2: HOW DARE THEY :frusty: :frusty: I wish i could kill them :laser:

15. shublee

shublee ~ShahRukhaholic

and he still attended the function because of his fans :hurt:
    thank you SRK :hail:

16. prilvsrk

prilvsrk ♥tere liye♥

he United States has done it again.

Actor Shah Rukh Khan [ Images ] was detained for at least two hours early Saturday morning at the Newark airport in the United States. He was reportedly released after two-hour grilling.

"I was taken aback...I was taken to a room where there were several others waiting for secondary immigration checks," a visibly upset Khan said, while speaking about the incident.

The Bollywood actor said he kept telling the authorities that he was an actor and requested them to allow him to speak to his contacts in the US, but was disallowed to use his phone.

He said the immigration officials told him since his name popped up on their computer and he needed to be questioned.

Khan said there were some immigration officials who knew him and vouched for him but they declined to entertain his plea, saying they have to follow rules.

He said after he was stopped he sent messages to his home and his secretary and Congress MP Rajiv Shukla, who informed the Indian Mission which came to his rescue.

"I have always been worried about travelling to America. I shy away from all this. I don't look like a terrorist going to do anything to the country.

"I did feel bad. I felt angry. I am glad my family wasn't there. God knows what they would have done to them," Khan said.

"I am always reluctant to come down here (US). They always do it and it's odd travelling alone. My guard wasn't given visa from India and I was feeling disturbed. They kept on asking silly and irrelevant questions like phone numbers and hotel number," Khan said.

Many Americans love SRK [ Images ]: US envoy

This is what the statement from the US Ambassador to India Timothy J Roemer says.

"We are trying to ascertain the facts of the case -- to understand what took place," said the Ambassador. "Shah Rukh Khan, the actor and global icon, is a very welcome guest in the United States. Many Americans love his films."
    http://news.rediff.com/report/2009/aug/15/shahrukh-khan-detained-at-us-airport.htm

17. prilvsrk

prilvsrk ♥tere liye♥

18. sonataca

sonataca SRK's Mommy

But I still don't get it how did this happen while going to Chicago, does that mean, he missed his flight? And "immigration" officers shouldn't intervene in domestic flights...

19. SWEET

SWEET ♥Panorama♥

am sooooooo shock i really really dont knew what to say
    one thing i can say
    USA dispoted me now than ever!!!!!!!!!

20. Anjali72

Anjali72 Thanx Shah Rukh!!!

OMG!!!!! First day I am back here....It makes me so sad and so angry...what kind of officer is that???? He must have some serious problems!!!!!:crazy: I am speechless!!!!!:scared::scared::scared: Poor Shah Rukh:(...it must have been humiliating for him....two hours without being allowed to use his phone!!!!