1. FORUM IS READ ONLY

Please read this thread!
    THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT OVER THE YEARS.
    Dismiss Notice

Box Office News on Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi

Discussion in 'Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi' started by ashiq, Dec 12, 2008.

1. rahulsn011

rahulsn011 Well-Known Member

Dont be surprised if Priyanka is pulled down too! Wait till she gets the success like Rani, then you will see what the media does to her, not just that but the industry.
    If you look at it, SRK, YRF, Rani are all the people that the media and the industry are trying to pull down! SRK and Rani are YRF's favourite hero and heroine! YRF are the biggest production house!
    I agree with all the Rani films that have come out, she is superb and her acting is getting better but no...she is YRF favourite...she has to come down. SRK...despite media and the industry's criticism...they still cannot stop his three consecutive blockbusters! This has took the industry by surprise mind you and only caused more ignorance and hatred! With full power trying to bring him down, they are not able too!
    With SRK the industry will grow with great heights, however, with the prices that these 'superstars' are charging...they are only creating a problem.
    Despite the success of Ghajini and whatever top film that has come out...the distributors are facing losses and if that is the case, then bollywood will go down! then guess who will sort out the mess...oh let us call SHAH RUKH KHAN!!!

2. rahulsn011

With poor reviews, apparently poor box office opening...CC2C doesnt look like it is going to last...but one still cannot guess as Indians can be unpredictable!

But if that is the case...another great week ahead for RNBDJ!

3. RizwanaShahrukh

RizwanaShahrukh I love SRK

Dont worry rahul, I agree with you! You are absolutely right! But its sad thought how the "BAD" always win but in the long-term there will only be one name that is remembered and that is SHAH RUKH KHAN! :thumb:

4. starstuff

starstuff Well-Known Member

Zara, this question has driven me nuts for weeks now. I keep on wondering why no-one in the industry likes RNB for a start and then why they continue to downplay its success. And contrast all the negativity for RNB with all the hype for 'that' other movie, The difference is truly staggering!

I love RNB. I think it's a magical film. And I don't understand how I can be so wrong and so blind when clearly, according to the media, I should be treating this film with contempt. Clearly I don't have any intelligence and clearly I don't know good cinema as they would tell me.
    BUT I DO KNOW GOOD CINEMA! I've watched all kinds of cinema from HW, to British, to Japanese, to Korean, to Honkie, to Spanish, to French. And I know that RNB IS AN EXCELLENT FILM. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! I feel so frustrated lately! :frusty:

And Rahul, this would appear to be a very big part of the answer. What we have witnessed in the media since the release of RNB has been nothing short of a FULL FRONTAL ATTACK! I still haven't figured out who's engineeering it but it's as if a whole lot of people have combined together at this time and are putting unrelenting pressure on SR. Sometime I just feel sick with all the innuendo and rubbish that's writtten. As Skylark said THERE'S NO RESPECT! :frusty:

I know, I know, we just have to bear it but it's very hard sometimes when you feel as if the whole of BW is out to get our incredibly talented and giving and caring Shah Rukh. :(

At least SR has all of us and millions more and I love how you're all ready to defend him. Hugs and kisses to you all! :hug::kiss:

YOU ARE ALL A1 JI! :first:

5. SRKfanforever

SRKfanforever Well-Known Member

Oh is it rahul??? :tape: :tape: :tape: Its good that akshay's brainless movies get their lessons now...you know akshay just did namasty london which by a fluke became a big and then he just went on doing average comdeis (for money) which media found topnotch films and the foolish buplic made them blocbusters which they didnt deserve at all....and then he started to think of himself as a replacement of SRK...but he forgot that SRK has expereinced that many times before and has fighted with all of them tremendously and they have all lost it....now they might get mentioned somwhere but they are no where close to where SRK is in any sense.

Yeh lets hope Rab ne can carry on doing great business..

6. rahulsn011

I am writing up my movie review for CC2C and it isnt good at all. It will definitely do average business at the max!

Lets hope Rab Ne stays strong!

7. souad1

souad1 New Member

i used to be mad before when they were traching srk for no reasons from amir to AB to akshay to........, but now i trully believe that god is by his side, look the film released after the attacks but look what the movie did, the power list the invitation to the golden globe, being declared top actor of 2008.all these shut them up fo a while, they were waiting for akshay's movie to start saying their crap again, but the movie is too horrible they couldn't even praise it like his other crappy movies, that is our srk for you, he answers with his work he doesn't even bother about all what is happening and it is working he is used to these kind of situations, but look who always emerges the winner , so i am confident now no matter how hard they try media and actors alike to put him down and throw him out of the indutry, he is there to stay ,because he has a good heart he doesn't ill wish others, he doesn't harm others and he works hard and think of his success as an indian success,and that is his strengh, which others don't have that's why they won't last, akshay will fall like did others , let's wait for the next one!!!

8. jg2k

jg2k The.One

Yashraj Films Press Release Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi

Friday 16th January 2009 21.00 IST
    Press Release
    RAB NE BANA DI JODI” IS THE HIGHEST GROSSING FILM OF ALL-TIME FOR BOTH YASH RAJ FILMS & SHAHRUKH KHAN!

16 January 2009:

Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi, which released worldwide five weeks ago on December 12th 2008, has grossed a phenomenal Rs. 180 crores worldwide till date and has broken all previous box office records for Yash Raj Films, as well as become the highest-grossing Shahrukh Khan film till date.

The film was released at an extremely precarious time, just after the terror attacks in Mumbai on 26th November 2008. Amidst uncertain consumer sentiments and apprehensions from the trade regarding market conditions at the time, the film has achieved an unparalleled box office run against all odds. Moreover, the film had to further contend with the record-breaking onslaught of Ghajini on December 26th 2008, despite which it has continued unabated and endured a hugely successful run in its third, fourth and fifth weeks, and promises to carry on in the same vein going forward.

The total collections of Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi for the first five weeks in India are Rs. 83 crores net (i.e. gross collections of close to Rs. 140 crores). The film has thus surpassed Yash Raj Films’ previous highest grosser, Dhoom: 2, which collected Rs. 80.6 crores net across its entire run in India and is considered as one of the highest grossing films of all-time. Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi has also comfortably surpassed the collections of two of the biggest hits of the last 2 years, Singh is King and Om Shanti Om, and is now second only to Ghajini as regards all-time India net collections.

“RAB NE BANA DI JODI” IS THE HIGHEST GROSSING FILM OF THE YEAR IN THE OVERSEAS

The total gross collections for all overseas markets are $8 Million (i.e. around Rs. 40 crores), making Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi the highest grossing film of the year in the overseas, ahead of both Ghajini and Singh is King. In the UK, Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi has grossed close to £1.5 million till date, which makes it the biggest hit of the last 2 years in this market. In the Middle East, Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi has grossed a staggering $2.25 million till date, making it the highest grossing film of all-time in this region by a huge margin. The film has also achieved a fabulous box office gross of $2.1 million till date in the USA. Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi has also enjoyed a grand box office performance across all other overseas markets, such as Australia, Europe, Africa, and Asia, and ranks as the highest grosser of the year across these regions.

Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi has evoked a sensational response from audiences all over the world, which is clearly reflected in its record-breaking collections, and continues to win hearts across the globe as it goes forward from strength to strength.

9. Janine

Janine Active Member

AW: Box Office News on Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi

What is this mess in the media in India?
    Why it is everytime a discussion about the comparaison of Shah Rukh with others actors?
    They all are far away from SRK.

10. bluey[Ru]

bluey[Ru] Guest

Indian media is busy attacking him for being SRK.. they dont care that this movie is a mega blockbuster overseas... how i wish this would stop..

11. rahulsn011

I dont think any of you have realised but what jaya has just posted is what Yash Raj Films have sent out!

12. bluey[Ru]

bluey[Ru] Guest

umm.. so? :confused2:
    i was talking about Indian media in general.. of course that good article was from YR, no other articles have been that good to RNBDJ!

13. rahulsn011

Yeah...we all know how the india media have handled the film!

14. RizwanaShahrukh

RizwanaShahrukh I love SRK

Isnt it a blockbuster in INDIA too?! :confused:

15. HALA*SRK

HALA*SRK Pagal of SRK!!

16. rahulsn011

Yes it is a blockbuster in India! Also, it is on its way to becoming an all-time blockbuster!
    With CC2C getting a lukewarm response...RNBDJ and Ghajini will both take advantage of this!

17. JUG

JUG Well-Known Member

omg...guys u should have seen the public reaction for CC2C..they have majorly disliked the movie and popular channels like ZOOM, ZEENEWS and NDTV are already calling it a flop!

18. souad1

souad1 New Member

i love i love it i looooooooooooooove it,rabne's success and CCTC's flops that i senough for me yeaaaaaaaaaaaaah!

19. rahulsn011

OK...CC2C...distributors are reducing shows so are YRF going to take advantage of this?!

20. kanav

kanav Active Member

no i think they won't...they didn't even promote the movie and now it is a blockbuster so i think they won'tand i think ghajini will take advantage from this