1. FORUM IS READ ONLY

Please read this thread!
    THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT OVER THE YEARS.
    Dismiss Notice

Books that Shahrukh has read.. well some of them!

Discussion in 'Shah Rukh Khan Book Club' started by prilvsrk, May 22, 2009.

1. frenchfan

frenchfan mornings best dealt with dark as nite coffee.

need something new to read.... Any idea??

I finished The Idiot again last month (I've read while a student already) and it was really a great pleasure... so I've gone for all the Dostoievsky's in my library : Crime & Punishment, and my favorite one : The Brothers Karamazov.. I've no idea wether Shah has read these ones but they are brilliant!

( :gossip: and I disliked Catch 22 :behindsofa: )

2. Ella

Ella Haan farishtey hote hain ♥

why don't you write a book?? :boink: i'm sure it would be brilliant :madgrin:
    but please in english, as my french got rusty since i left school looooooong time ago :cool:

frenchfan says thanks.
  3. rollercoast

rollercoast Zindagi

Anne, I have just finished Palace of Illusions by Chitra Banerjee Divakurani.
    Its a retelling of the Mahabharat from Draupadi's point of view - she's the main female character.

I just loved it! As I am slowly trying to work out parts of Indian culture this was a great literary intro to the epic, which I have only seen on screen .
    ..... and of course I could picture a certain Indian actor in one of the roles.... :lol:

Another book I've really enjoyed in the last year was Zeitoun by Dave Eggers.
    I think srk has mentioned he's read it and I am sure Karan must have as well as there is a certain resonance with MNIK. Its set in the aftermath of Hurricane Katerina.

The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Nighttime was also very good, especially in relation to MNIK.

sigh.... all my reading these last few years seems to have some link, no matter how tenuous, with 'you know who'. :D

frenchfan says thanks.
  4. SWEET

SWEET ♥Panorama♥

I read twilight all the 4 books why dont you read it t sooo good better than the movie :heart:

frenchfan says thanks.
  5. frenchfan

@Ela sis :fish: reading is a stressless pleasure, writing is a stressFUL pleasure :fish: ... I'm on it from time to time, but it's a french for now :sad:

@Chris & Hind... thanks a lot :hug: ...I'm afraid I've read all books that you suggest :madgrin: I'm a crazy reader.... :D or an easy reader :)

right now I'm on Hugo's Miserables (again) for my work...

SWEET says thanks.
  6. rollercoast

rollercoast Zindagi

Ok! Good for you Anne! :D

How about 'Nine Lives' by William Dalrymple? Non-fiction, explores the spirituality of nine different people in India. Very interesting!

I've also not long ago read R.K. Narayan's version of the Ramayana, which was great.

Off srk-related books, an old favourite of mine is 'Like Water For Chocolate' by Laura Esquival.

I hardly read anything for ages while my kids were small, but now I'm making sure I do it regularly again - I'm so glad to have it back in my life! :D

frenchfan says thanks.
  7. Ella

don't know, if he' reading it, but in the documentary "Spending 48 hours with SRK" he was holding this book in his hands:

Mr. Nice - Autobiographie by Howard Marks :)

Neeran, frenchfan and SRKdream thank this.
  8. coldplay

coldplay New Member

Perhaps it´s an remnant of the Don research. :cool::eyebrows:

9. rollercoast

rollercoast Zindagi

Tweet on 11 September 2011

"right now reading rumi poems"

Neeran and Wafa thank this.
  10. Wafa

Wafa I want my Mom!!!

thanks chris for keeping us updated, sometimes my brain (whatever is left of it :p ) is scattered and can't keep up

11. rollercoast

rollercoast Zindagi

Lots going on right now Wafa!! :D

My heart lit up when I read this the other day.
    I love Rumi and its overwhelming to think of Him sort of sharing it! :crazy: :bounce:

And to think that in the middle of all the madness going on for him just now this is what he's reading.. :love:

Wafa says thanks.
  12. Chamz

Chamz Well-Known Member

Crime and Punishment is my favorite book...today I watched it's movie...
    I'm still searching for The Idiot

13. rollercoast

rollercoast Zindagi

Thought it appropriate to post these tweets here:

14 December 2011
    • Desperately seeking a good book to read. Kindle dried up...bookstores out of bounds...heading to Nagpur would have been nice if I had a book
    • Thanx guys and girls keep the suggestions coming...need to immerse myself in books. Been a long time since I spent some time with myself.

14. frenchfan

Then Chris we should have the last one too, from 14 december :
    So if u r in Nagpur and have the time I would love it if u get me books...remember to write ur twitter handle please on the book

15. frenchfan

skrogers, Jasmine and Neeran thank this.
  16. Ella

frenchfan says thanks.
  17. frenchfan

:madgrin: Mister Smart Reader Khan gave a clue about what he's reading on his early morning tweet on 30th dec 2011 :spy:

@iamsrk Woke up 2 early for a holiday. Loved ones still asleep. Did sum book browsing..i shall stay the way I am cos I do not give a damn. Bak 2 bed

Hehe :) It's a quote from Dorothy Parker's Fame, which is in the book Enough Rope :

If I didn't care for fun and such,
    I'd probably amount to much.
    But I shall stay the way I am,
    Because I do not give a damn.
    First printed in New York World, (16 August 1925)

Jasmine, Debbie, Neeran and 2 others thanked this.
  18. Yeh Dil

Yeh Dil He is my live

Anne :spy: WOW. Thanks :kiss:

frenchfan says thanks.
  19. S.one

S.one Well-Known Member

Anne, seriously Wow !! :thumb:

frenchfan says thanks.
  20. frenchfan

:humble: hehe :spy:(have to say I feel quite proud about this one :oops: ) :thumb::grouphug:

S.one says thanks.