1. FORUM IS READ ONLY

Please read this thread!
    THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT OVER THE YEARS.
    Dismiss Notice

Books that Shahrukh has read.. well some of them!

Discussion in 'Shah Rukh Khan Book Club' started by prilvsrk, May 22, 2009.

1. rahulsn011

rahulsn011 Well-Known Member

SRK has definitely read 'The Alchemist' by Paulo Coelho!!!! That is my favourite novel!!!!!

Jasmine says thanks.
  2. prilvsrk

prilvsrk ♥tere liye♥

oohh yeah! i love the alchemist.. i started reading more of paulo coehlo as well! loved it!! anyone think of any more?

3. Rajshri

Rajshri Well-Known Member

Maybe you can read it?

4. rollercoast

rollercoast Zindagi

I think he has mentioned reading one/some by Alexander McColl Smith.
    They are a wonderful series based in Botswana.
    The first one is The No.1 Ladies Detective Agency.

Thanks for this thread. great idea!

Jasmine says thanks.
  5. shublee

shublee ~ShahRukhaholic

I've read Hitchhikers Guide To A Galaxy :D

6. Ami

Ami New Member

I hope someone is keeping a track on the list coz it's gonna be growing at a fast rate (his books in the library are numbered in thousands according to Karan so it's going to be a mammoth task if it's done later on). Maybe we can pin it or something, how do we do that? I'm not good with forum format ^^;

I know he's into autobiographies... all the world leaders, even Hitler (I think I read this somewhere). He's reading Islamic books too, I remember he said in an interview that he's reading the life of the Prophet Muhammad becoz he wants to understand the history between the christians and the muslims.

And about 8? newspapers every morning with his coffee (but Hindustan Times doesn't count in this list, right? XDD)

I'm currently reading Life of Pi becoz I know he's read it and have scoured a bookshop for autobiographies... something I've never done before LOL. Oh! He also reads his own biographies, the ones from Anupama and Mushtaq, and books written on his films, like OSO and Asoka.

I love the idea of the book club. When and how can we do that over a forum?

7. Ami

Ami New Member

I've finished reading Life of Pi! And I've just bought Catch 22 today. Hmmm, it's quite a thick volume *sweat* (I'm more of a comic book reader nowadays). Hope it's interesting...

8. prilvsrk

prilvsrk ♥tere liye♥

i almost done with Daemon.. and whoa... it's a really heavy tech read but incredibly entertaining!!
    and i started Zoya Factor yesterday.. and this one is sooooooo funny!!! and Shah makes an appearance in this one.. and he's SHIRTLESS!!!!!!!!!! :flame::flame:

Jasmine says thanks.
  9. samim909

samim909 New Member

I remember him telling that he has read an excellent book named "Catch 22".

10. Ami

Ami New Member

Hi! Just want to ask, could you please tell me what's the full title of Daemon and who's the author? Thanks

11. prilvsrk

prilvsrk ♥tere liye♥

well the title is Daemon and its by Daniel Suarez. enjoy :D:D

Jasmine says thanks.
  12. Ami

Ami New Member

Thanks! I'll look it up in the bookstore next time~ :D

13. samim909

samim909 New Member

He has talked about a book named "The Ultimate Seduction" on the life of greats in an interview..

Jasmine says thanks.
  14. Dea

Dea ♥SRK-Gauri♥

15. MaryAnnK

MaryAnnK Well-Known Member

Dea didi, thank you for the link. I had never visited a book online before. I may just read it. But, for me, holding a book is so much more personal. Seems I already spend so much time in front of the computer! LOL

16. luludoll

luludoll New Member

The tagline for OSO is from The Alchemist... haha =)

17. rahulsn011

rahulsn011 Well-Known Member

LOL...we already highlighted that!!!

Yeah, I remember SRK saying in the DVD extras in RNBDJ that Adi should make a lot more films. He siad a genius is not someone who writes a catch 22 and thats it. a genius artists does hundreds or thousands of projects and even if only say half are successful...that is the the mark of a genius! he said something on those lines! so i gathered from there he has read catch 22!

18. Becy

Becy Well-Known Member

Definitely, he has mentioned it in several interviews before.

19. prilvsrk

prilvsrk ♥tere liye♥

i just requested catch 22 from the library.. im excited!! :D:D
    and the zoya factor was sooooooo funny!! :lol: absolutely loved it! i hope shah makes it into a movie..he bought the rights last year i think... it would be perfect! altho he wouldn't act in it.. but his special appearance has already been written in!! :heart::heart:

20. Pompula

Pompula Shahrukh Fan-Girl

LOL! I did the same... :D