1. FORUM IS READ ONLY

Please read this thread!
    THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT OVER THE YEARS.
    Dismiss Notice

"Bollywood love is age blind"

Discussion in 'Shah Rukh Khan Dhamaal' started by Bridget, Jul 26, 2008.

1. Bridget

Bridget Well-Known Member

Bollywood love is age blind
    July 25

In an age when we see a tender love story between a teenage couples releasing every week, there have been some filmmakers who have dared to do something different with highlighting the romance between the elder couple.

So actors who you would see not more than a mother or a father are now seen as elder lovers.

We list down a few of the prominent pairs

[​IMG]

Shah Rukh Khan – Preity Zinta

Of course Shah Rukh Khan and Preity Zinta are nowhere old but here we are pointing towards their characters in the film Veer-Zaara. The story starts when the two are still young but ends when they grow old by 22 years.

Towards the end of the film they are in their 60s but the love has only multiplied. There was an entire song shot on them with white hair and wrinkles on their face. Perhaps that what you call a mature love story.

http://www.bollyadda.com/2008/07/bollywood-love-is-age-blind.html

2. bluey[Ru]

bluey[Ru] Guest

hai! .. veer zaara..
    i should watch that soon, been a while :(

3. clochette

clochette New Member

Mmmhhh, in Veer Zaara it is not really a love between elders but a love that never died (big difference, because both fell in love while being young!!!). There was something like love between elders in Kal Ho Na Ho - Aman's uncle romancing Naina's grand-mother and also in KANK (aaaahhh, I simply LOVE Karan and his scripts!).

4. srk_kushal

srk_kushal I Like Blue...

Science says after the age of 3, you can fall in love with anything, so what is VZ is just appropriate. It is not only a depiction of love though, yeh film hindustaniyon ki insaniyat ko darshaati ek mahagaatha hai jiska naam hai VEER ZAARA.

5. clochette

clochette New Member

Kushal, I like to read your post and I like to learn Hindi... Could you please give a translation of your Hindi words (next time perhaps just parenthesising it)? Thanks!

6. srk_kushal

oh!! sure ok!! I ll do that!!

yeh film hindustaniyon ki insaniyat ko darshaati ek mahagaatha hai jiska naam hai VEER ZAARA.

What I meant to say is that,"VZ is not only a love story but it is a grand epic that also features, what Indians can do for their love, as well as mankind!"
    I m saying this because its not only Veer's Sacrifice for Zaara that is great but also the very minor things like taking permission from Kirron Kher for Zaara, the way how nicely he behaved with every one in the jail and more on!!:)

7. luxia

luxia I'm demented...

Unfortunately, more often than not the 'age blindness' in Bollywood means that male actors in their prime (and slightly beyond) get to romance girls barely above the age of consent.

8. rollercoast

rollercoast Zindagi

Bring on some more mature love stories!!!!
    SRK is ripe for that now - and preferably with a love-interest in the same age-bracket.

9. clochette

clochette New Member

I agree. Yet isn't that age-blindness a (mainly) male "disease" prevalent all over the world?!
    If I understand the article right, it talks about "highlighting the romance between the elder couple" like we can see it in KHNH - with emphasis on romance. THAT indeed is something rare in Hindi mainstream cinema.

10. rollercoast

rollercoast Zindagi

But so often its treated as a bit of a joke, the romance between older people on screen, as in KHNH.
    I found the developing relationship between the parents in KANK much more meaningful - even though I couldn't stand most of the attributes and priciples given to Sexy Sam.

11. Pompula

Pompula Shahrukh Fan-Girl

Totally 100% agree with both of you...

12. luxia

luxia I'm demented...

Either a joke or a 'comfortable friendship' - as if that's all older women were capable of - you can talk to them, but not romance them. I do wish some of the directors had the guts to tackle a more mature love story. Wishful thinking....:rolleyes:

13. srk_kushal

thats right. many a times this becomes a question, whether till what extent a man talks to the woman, if they are married to different persons. Like in KANK, Abhi & PZ kept on passing compliments to each other in front of their spouses, and so did, Sam on Dev's mom Kamal. But when Dev & Maya did something, that was considered wrong and they had to suffer. My question is that where do we draw the border line? Was PZ justified, being a mother and a wife, to dance in mini skirts by getting drunk? or was Maya wrong in going to bed with Dev only once?

14. clochette

clochette New Member

Yes, it matched the tone of the film. But I found the romancing in KHNH quite touching despite the joking.

15. clochette

clochette New Member

Well, I think, it will still take some time (but there is hope)...

16. sheruka

sheruka SRK forever

Actually I am no more interseted in teen love stories.

I want matured love stories like Kank, VEERZARA.:heart:

I hope KHAN will be a one and of course RBNJ.
    Eventhough the actress is young, I belive it will be a different love story.

I really like the fact yash raj hide its story. I stiil feel veer zara, because when I went to the cinema , I dont know whts the story, whats the climax, how it turns, what happens through the film so on.
    Still I feel the scene when they showed the old - SRK, when Rani saw pertty in veer's house.:heart:Those were so fresh.

later films stories are so exposed before we watched it. before I went to see OSO, I alredy knew, its about raincarnation,srk is a actor, arjun is a villan so on. But it a fun film,so no problems with that.

Omg, I went off topic:rofl:

17. KKhan

KKhan Well-Known Member

veer zaara is one of the best films of this decade films like veer zaara are really good i think

18. Wafa

Wafa I want my Mom!!!

well said kushal, except you might want to translate the hindi part to those who could learn ;)

19. srk_kushal

Yes Wafa, even I thought so and I did that too later. I ll repeat it though.

"What I meant to say is that,"VZ is not only a movie on love and romance but it is a grand movie that also features, what Indians can do for their love, as well as mankind!"
    I m saying this because its not only Veer's Sacrifice for Zaara that is great but also the very minor things like taking permission from Kirron Kher for Zaara, the way how nicely he behaved with every one in the jail and more things that depict Veer's kindness!! :)

20. MaryAnnK

MaryAnnK Well-Known Member

Veer Zaara was my first Shah Rukh/Bollywood film!!! It is the one I hang all of my hopes on for continuing to watch. There was a story that went beyond just physical attraction and on to what really draws two individuals together in a relationship of love. Love defined as caring for the other more than you do for yourself. These kinds of stories are few a far between. There are just too many that only tell of lust or physical attraction without commitment.

I am still trying to figure out why KANK draws me in so much. They were both in marital relationships. I still love this story of finding that one true love. Even Hollywood does not do this one well. Most Love movies are really about lust.

Back to topic, again.