1. FORUM IS READ ONLY

Please read this thread!
    THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT OVER THE YEARS.
    Dismiss Notice

Bollywood can learn from the West: Shah Rukh

Discussion in 'Shah Rukh Khan Dhamaal' started by Astri, Jan 20, 2006.

1. Astri

Astri New Member

[​IMG]Bollywood can learn from the West: Shah Rukh
    13th Jan 2006 15.28 IST

[FONT=georgia,verdana][SIZE=-1]While superstar Shah Rukh Khan defends the escapist themes of Bollywood movies, he does agree that there are things to learn from Hollywood, especially now when Bollywood is going global.

In an interview with Newsweek magazine, which has featured him in its back page interview, Shah Rukh said song and dance was an intrinsic part of Indian films, just like special effects have become essential to films in the Hollywood.
    [/SIZE][/FONT]
    [FONT=georgia,verdana][SIZE=-1]“Our fantasies are smaller. The fantasies of Indians are still achievable…And one of the simple fantasies of Indians is that we can sing and dance when we feel like it. Hindi films without songs - is like having American films without special effects,” SRK is quoted as saying in the interview published under the title 'The Great King Khan'.

SRK also defended escapism in Bollywood movies.

"There has to be escapism. You can't tell audience about the drudgery of everyday life, you need to tell them about fantastic things," he said in the interview.

About Bollywood’s increasing recognition in the West, particularly in the US, SRK said Bollywood would have to make changes keeping in mind the tastes of international audience.

"In America we have only just begun to make inroads. We have to make our films shorter. I think the brevity of the expression will have to be learned from the West."

Shah Rukh’s movie Paheli is among the Indian entries for the Oscar race this year.

[/SIZE][/FONT]

2. K

K I love you Shah Rukh. Staff Member

Thanks Astri.:smile:

3. Wafa

Wafa I want my Mom!!!

While superstar Shah Rukh Khan defends the escapist themes of Bollywood movies, he does agree that there are things to learn from Hollywood, especially now when Bollywood is going global.

In an interview with Newsweek magazine, which has featured him in its back page interview, Shah Rukh said song and dance was an intrinsic part of Indian films, just like special effects have become essential to films in the Hollywood.

“Our fantasies are smaller. The fantasies of Indians are still achievable…And one of the simple fantasies of Indians is that we can sing and dance when we feel like it. Hindi films without songs - is like having American films without special effects,” SRK is quoted as saying in the interview published under the title 'The Great King Khan'.

SRK also defended escapism in Bollywood movies.

"There has to be escapism. You can't tell audience about the drudgery of everyday life, you need to tell them about fantastic things," he said in the interview.

About Bollywood’s increasing recognition in the West, particularly in the US, SRK said Bollywood would have to make changes keeping in mind the tastes of international audience.

"In America we have only just begun to make inroads. We have to make our films shorter. I think the brevity of the expression will have to be learned from the West."

Shah Rukh’s movie
    Paheli is among the Indian entries for the Oscar race this year.

Apunkachoice.com

4. kanika

kanika New Member

wafa how did that project supporting paheli and writing letters go? I hope this movie brings to us what no other movie could