1. FORUM IS READ ONLY

Please read this thread!
    THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT OVER THE YEARS.
    Dismiss Notice

Big drop in activity and members on PlanetSRK?

Discussion in 'Member Masala' started by Karan#1, Oct 24, 2015.

1. Dea

Dea ♥SRK-Gauri♥

:rofl: :rofl: lol so funny!

Rehana says thanks.
  2. Rehana

Rehana Senorita.

Ha ha ha ...my grandma is such a big character..my friends always ask me how she doing and what she saying ...

Few day ago..i was taking picture of my sons..and my grandma goes take a picture of me with my eyes close..i go why with eyes close?? Lol...she goes I wanna see what I will look like when I am dead...:eek: :eek: :eek: ..what the hell ..ha ha ha ..

Dea says thanks.
  3. K

K I love you Shah Rukh. Staff Member

Any suggestions as to how an app would be different from logging into the forum from the internet browser on your phone?:)

Debbie says thanks.
  4. Arpan Srk

Arpan Srk Nam to suna hoga

Amaan and Keyan ..such a nice name ..may god bless them both :) Amaan the big boss huh :D
    no no i don't have kids..i'm not married actually :D

Rehana says thanks.
  5. Arpan Srk

Arpan Srk Nam to suna hoga

Kalee i think app will not help much to drag people here like before...i think it is just because of social networking sites or may be some has their problem to be here so they joined some ' SRKFCs' you know so they are with them etc..but planetsrk is very special to me and close to my heart seriously..can't explain it ..& yes i miss those old says

6. K

Thanks a lot Arpan.:) The reason I asked is because I've discussed having an app with Bhuwan before, but we agree that it's really not that different from browsing from your phone, so it's not worth the investment. I agree with everything stated here, that there are so many social media platforms nowadays where people can instantly access information. Also, in my opinion, most fans want information (articles, pictures, videos, etc.), but they're not necessarily into discussing, which is what the forum allows for. While I've also noticed the drop in activity and enthusiasm in the past few years, I'm not totally sure what to do about it, particularly given our limited capacity as far as money and people required to do the work. I'm happy to take suggestions if anyone has any.:)

Mara, Debbie and Arpan Srk thank this.
  7. Dea

Dea ♥SRK-Gauri♥

the app would be different in terms of ease of access. using ur browser and always having to zoom in and also the notifications don't work the same as they do on pc/laptop. also the pics don't load the same. isn't there any free platform that would allow a mobile friendly interface for the planet? i really have no clue! i'm totally technically impaired sometimes lol

Rehana says thanks.
  8. Debbie

Debbie Stand By Him

I don't say much, but I come home to my family here on the Planet every day....it has always meant so much to me to know you are all there. I will try and say more...love ya all!

Rehana says thanks.
  9. Mara

Mara Well-Known Member

I try to read the forum on my iPad and the "Recent threads" part is all pushed together into a column of one or two letters. I have to open it to read what it's about. Often I've already read it already on my laptop earlier. I don't know if an app would fix that.

Rehana says thanks.
  10. K

Thanks a lot for all of your input. Let me talk to Bhuwan.:)

Rehana says thanks.
  11. rollercoast

rollercoast Zindagi

I use my iPad all the time and it's no different than on my computer. I guess everyone is configured differently.

Mara and Rehana thank this.
  12. Rehana

Rehana Senorita.

I was gonna say this about zoom in and out ..and it slow ..i know it not my phone because everything else works fine on my phone.
    good idea to make it mobile friendly ..am fed up with this zooming in and out ..hurting my eyes lol:p

13. Becy

Becy Well-Known Member

I find the planet especially uncomfortable to browse on the phone (which I use 90% of the time to access the web), unfortunately. Either I see user and text, in which case the text is too small for me to read, or I zoom in to read but have to scroll permanently to see who the author is.

Also I believe the drop in activity here (which IMO is less than in other SRK related forums I know) has to do with the change in SRK's attitude towards the media over the past few years.
    In former times there used to be interesting (!), bold and many a times a tad controversial interviews on an almost regular basis - lots to discuss. Nowadays his interviews are more standard filmstar stuff, to put it nicely, with not much content, sorry. After what happened around the release of MNIK I perfectly understand he doesn't voice his opinion as freely and directly anymore, after all he has a family to protect.
    But still there's an effect.

Mara says thanks.
  14. Alenka

Alenka Well-Known Member

I continue to believe that the main reason for the decrease of activity in the forums, it is social media. Now on Twitter or Facebook, you can discuss any issue with anyone. Second, indeed, discussions are often associated with the controversy of the issue, and SRK is now trying not to cause controversy as possible. Third, in 2009, when I learned about SRK, PlanetSRK was virtually the only place where I can get all the information. Yes, thank you very much to all the members of the Planet, who collected so many years this invaluable information. Now we get on Twitter all articles, interviews, photos. Forum is only for personal communication)) Fourth, the language barrier. I do not know English and writing messages through an interpreter, so often I am unable to articulate thoughts))

15. bijal

bijal Well-Known Member

16. Abhishek Narang

Abhishek Narang New Member

Srk is doing less movies this is the main reason

Plz promote our forum on Facebook & Twitter & make one Whatsapp group if possible .....

And follow each other

17. Striper

Striper Striper

I am a visitor at this forum since the time a person close to my heart engaged in writing about Shah Rukh Khan and his fans (she even wrote and published a book : Fluke & Serendipity)...she was banned from the forum and yet, she tried to persuade RedChilliesEntertainment to make the planetsrk an official Shah Rukh Khan forum and they (or Shah Rukh Khan himself?) used an established account to get a feeling for the forum. That did not work because the user's account got closed (she was banned).
    Still, I maintained the contact to the forum and even wrote something from time to time.
    I noticed that the responsible for the banning seems to be not writing any more in this forum...why?

18. Dea

Dea ♥SRK-Gauri♥

that's weird! only reason for getting banned would have been not using an SRK avatar, posting consecutive posts in a thread, uploading large images without using them as thumbnails and u know , basic rules like that. i doubt it would have been for being disrespectful and such.. there have been members, even moderators and admins that have taken a step back from the forum over time so i don't know who u're reffering to

Mara says thanks.
  19. Striper

Striper Striper

Hi Dea :) No, the one who made the connection to RedChillies did not infract any rules...the one who stopped the communication was Wafa assuming something she was wrong about.
    But that is history...I only mentioned it because I realized that Wafa seems not to post anymore...

Mara says thanks.
  20. Dea

Dea ♥SRK-Gauri♥

oh. well i don't know abt this incident. yes Wafa had to give up administrating the planet due to personal reasons :( but i'm sure whatever the reasons that person can still come back as this is a place that welcomes everyone that loves Shahrukh, and whatever happened or whatever misunderstanding there was, i'm sure it's now in the past for everyone involved. i think it's really nice that ur friend wanted to make our planet known to RCE :)

Mara says thanks.