Big drop in activity and members on PlanetSRK?

Discussion in 'Member Masala' started by Karan#1, Oct 24, 2015.

1. Karan#1

Karan#1 Moody SRK fan

Not to be negative and you all probably have noticed as well, but there's much less activity and members on here as compared to earlier years and its gradually dropping. I think the major reason is the prominence of sites like Twitter and Facebook where there's a lot of fans and perhaps some members have moved on/are too busy etc.

So not sure there's much we can do about it unfortunately but I think such forums are a much better platform to discuss SRK/SRK films/films in general than facebook or twitter.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2015
    Becy and Mara thank this.

Dear guest,

PlanetSRK is one of the largest ShahRukh Khan communities in the world.
    Please support us by registering for free!
    Just click the signup button at the top!

Thanks,

PlanetSRK Staff

3. Dea

Dea ♥SRK-Gauri♥

it's true and u're right, it because it's easier for people to navigate through twitter, facebook and tumblr to stay in touch with Shahrukh :(

Mara says thanks.
  4. Karan#1

Karan#1 Moody SRK fan

There'll probably/hopefully be a spike in activity when over the next 6-7 months with his upcoming 3 films.

Mara and Dea thank this.
  5. rollercoast

rollercoast Zindagi

Yes, I hope you're right Dea. At least a few core people keep posting to keep things going until something big happens. I guess I'm a little disappointed when a lot of people are on-line but very few make comments. I miss the (friendly) discussion.

Dea says thanks.
  6. Debbie

Debbie Stand By Him

I know that I don't post that much anymore...and not sure why, I come here and read post..but.
    I think it has a lot to do with his movies not being out for awhile....don't know. I still love to come here but just don't read everything like I used to...hope it picks up after the movies come out.

7. Alenka

Alenka Well-Known Member

I notice a tendency to decrease in activity in all forums. I truly believe that social media platforms have become a major meeting place for the fans, but I think that we should in every way possible to support the forum!

Dea and Mara thank this.
  8. Mara

Mara Well-Known Member

Just today I was on another forum and someone started a thread:
    "Awful quiet, what's everyone working on (OT or not)?"
    The holiday season has started in many places and that's keeping some people busy. Also the change from warm weather to cold in many parts of the world requires adjustments and added chores for other people.

9. Dea

Dea ♥SRK-Gauri♥

@Mara it's not just recently, i think it's before u even became a member hehe so u don't really see a big difference but the planet used to be very busy. i remember that if i somehow missed a day here i had some serious catching up to do lol. so things used to be a lot different before facebook, twitter and all that. forums were the only platform on which u could interract like this. i know some countries picked up facebook a lot quicker, but here we didn't really use it prior to 2011-2012 i would say. twitter is smth even newer. so yeah..
    it does get busier around new releases though so that's nice. but i do terribly miss those days. honestly i even spent a New Year's Eve here one year and i had a blast i'm not even kidding lol. sounds nerdy but i did actually choose to be here instead of attending a party with my "real life" friends lol.

Becy, frenchfan, rollercoast and 2 others thanked this.
  10. Rehana

Rehana Senorita.

I have came here few days ago after 5 years!!
    The first thing I thought was where the hell is everybody !!??!!
    I use come alot here ..loved it here ! But then my grandad got seriously ill and was looking after him and my grandma ..i was working at the same time.So I stop coming here.
    My grandad pass away ..year later I got married ..and have two boys Keyaan(3) and Amaan (1 1/2).
    I hope the members come back ..the one i use to speak to here are all gone :(

Mara says thanks.
  11. Dea

Dea ♥SRK-Gauri♥

awhhh i can totally relate dear :hug: and congratz on ur beautiful family and also so sorry to hear abt ur granddad...

Rehana says thanks.
  12. Rehana

Rehana Senorita.

Thank you..it will be 5 years in feb that my grandad pass away ..i was very close to him. His name was amaan ..i called my son after him..i always told him that I will call my son amaan..my grandma use to get jealous and say to my grandad..she not naming her son because of U ..she calling him for shahrukh in kal ho naa ho..and you know what she still says that huh lol

Dea says thanks.
  13. Arpan Srk

Arpan Srk Nam to suna hoga

yes because of facebook..twitter and all that..like uploading a video on FB from YT so ppl watch it right there on fb nd don't go to YT anymore so it reduces the traffic so here the same is going on...but this forum is not just about updates pics etc it's like a family..like home as i feel and believe ....so i think all r just busy with their stuffs i can call it Holiday LOL so hope soon they will come back home and everything will be the same like before..i was..is and will be here always bcz i am too lazy to move my ass from my home i think ))))))))) home sweet home :)

Debbie and Rehana thank this.
  14. Rehana

Rehana Senorita.

That TRUE..i think people use phone now..and use apps..planetsrk should have an app too. Will be easy to access ...

Dea and Arpan Srk thank this.
  15. Arpan Srk

yes it will be easier to access and check news :) but i think talking with mates here will be not easier and all that

Rishima62 and Debbie thank this.
  16. Rehana

Rehana Senorita.

Why won't it be easy to talk with mates?
    Am on my phone now..and talking to you...and have no problem :D

Debbie and Arpan Srk thank this.
  17. Arpan Srk

oops..then i think it will work well :D i have never been on planet from phone lol so that's why didn't know

Rehana says thanks.
  18. Rehana

Rehana Senorita.

Ha ha ..i hardly use my laptop now..i don't even remember the last time I open it..there might be lots of virus and bugs in it now lol.

I use my phone alot ..because it easy to access..and especially being a busy mom to two young kids who want to much attention:D phew lol

Arpan Srk says thanks.
  19. Arpan Srk

oh yes..family first always...what are the name of ur kids ?

Rehana says thanks.
  20. Rehana

Rehana Senorita.

:D
    Keyaan who turn 3 in Sept..and amaan who is 1 and half..seriously amaan is such a little man..he think he is the boss..amaan in Arabic means peace ahem!!

Arpan Srk and Dea thank this.
  21. Rehana

Rehana Senorita.

you have kids?

Arpan Srk says thanks.