1. FORUM IS READ ONLY

Please read this thread!
    THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT OVER THE YEARS.
    Dismiss Notice

Between covers - Shah Rukh Can new

Discussion in 'Shah Rukh Can' started by Bridget, Aug 1, 2008.

1. srk-nihal

srk-nihal Winning Hearts

Sounds great :) I believe that since the subject is ShahRukh Khan, fans can't help but to own this new book and add it to their SRK collection :)

2. ShahRukh's Jungli Billi

ShahRukh's Jungli Billi Shahrukh's JungliBilli

Wow another one, so cool i havent even gotten the Still Reading Khan one yet, i better get a jump on them.. thanks for sharing.. wahoo..

3. skylark60

skylark60 Active Member

The only new book of SRK's that I'll buy after Still Reading Khan is the one he writes himself! I want new information.:)

4. Zuhal

Zuhal Guest

:lol: :pound:

I buy so many useless things for 5 euro's so why shouldn't I buy this, it's about Srk after all. I don't think it'll be more expensive than € 20 for European fans.

5. luxia

luxia I'm demented...

:nod: His own book or any book that will truly give new information....I would like a book that talks only about how he prepares his role...or a compilation of anecdotes about mishaps during his all too frequent travels or anything else than the done-to-death generic info about his childhood and growing up.

As for this book....let's put it this way: I wouldn't feel inclined to buy a new Asoka dvd only because it had a different pic on the cover and less special features. But I do understand that some people might want to buy it. :)

6. skylark60

skylark60 Active Member

That's exactly how I feel. Even the Rise and Rise of SRK offers nothing new really but all SRK fans watch anyway. Everything is sanitised, I want "the warts and All" type of detail. I guess we'll just have to wait until SRK is ready to tell it..;)

7. Chicken

Chicken ♥ ♥

:rolleyes: Knowing myself... I will definitely buy it... I simply need to have it all... at least concerning SRK. :D

LOL... I'm one of these people... I have altogether 6 "Asoka" DVDs. :p

8. Pompula

Pompula Shahrukh Fan-Girl

I agree that now this would make the most interesting read...

And if it has a different pic on the cover and more special features? :D

Actually, they should release new Asoka DVD with a third making of... Now there is the making of the film and making of the great fight scene... There should also be a detailed "making of the mud bath scene"... :madgrin: :hail: :faint2:

9. Bridget

Bridget Well-Known Member

I doubt he ever will myself.....even if his autobiography is published in his lifetime I doubt it will really be that revealing (although I'm sure it will have some things in it that no other book on him would have had).

IMO from having read many, many biographies and autobiographies of other actors/actresses and other famous people it is extremely rare for revealing type biographies to be published during a person's lifetime. Usually if the more revealing or hard hitting books on someone come out, it is when the person has passed on (or is very elderly sometimes) and then you get the type of "what they really were like" books written often times by relatives,former employees, peers or friends.

10. Pompula

Pompula Shahrukh Fan-Girl

I agree that it would be unlikely his autobuigraphy would be that revealing, but still it is the book I would most like to read, as it would tell how he has experienced the things we already know about from others.. Also I would be curious to read how he writes...

11. luxia

luxia I'm demented...

Oh yes....please! :madgrin: :madgrin: :madgrin:

12. Shabana_SRK

Shabana_SRK Dr D&G

sounds interesting!

13. bonita

bonita Shahrukh-My LOVE

I want the book no matter what
    but I am more interesting in srk own book

14. Bridget

Yet another ShahRukh Khan Biography
    Aug

Author: Nischal Shetty

Kya Aap ShahRukh Khan Kay Fan Hain ?
    [​IMG]
    If you answered yes then you’ll be happy to know that next month Shah Rukh’s biography titled ‘ Shah Rukh Can ‘ is going to hit the stands! Excited? You should be. It’ll have loads of information about Shah Rukh that you’ve been longing to know. From his childhood in Delhi and him becoming a phenomenon to his current show ‘Kya Aap Paanchvi Pass Se Tez Hain ‘, the biography will cover it all.

Mushtaq Sheikh is the author of the book. He’s penned two books before this on Shah Rukh (seems to me a big Shah Rukh fan!) namely, Still Reading Khan and The Making of Om Shanti Om . The book, ‘ Still Reading Khan ‘ got a tremendous response from the public, but priced at Rs. 3000 it just wasn’t affordable for the masses. Which is exactly the reason why ‘Shah Rukh Can’ has been thoughtfully priced at Rs. 395!

The biography will highlight Shah Rukh’s past as well as some of his future plans. Supposedly, every chapter starts with a quote from Shah Rukh ! Now that would be an exciting thing to read.

Besides , it also has about 24 coloured photos of ShahRukh Khan right from his formative years up until now.

Are you excited about the new biography?

Kya Aap iss book ko kareedogay ?

http://entertainment.in.msn.com/bollywood/article.aspx?cp-documentid=1609112

15. cute_srk

cute_srk Well-Known Member

Can't wait for this book...another one to my collection;)

16. Bridget

Shahrukh Can reveals more of Shahrukh
    Monday, August 18 2008
    [​IMG]

He is probably one of the most written about actor of the Hindi film industry. Yes, we are talking about Shahrukh Khan, whose biography, Still Reading Khan, by good friend Mushtaq Shiekh, hit the stores in 2006 and generated phenomenal sales. In fact, the online orders were one of the highest ever for any category.

Well, for the fans of Bollywood's global superstar, who are craving for more, we have some good news. An updated version of Still Reading Khan, titled Shahrukh Can, once again by Mushtaq Shiekh, is all set to hit the stands next month. As per Shiekh himself, there are going to be exclusive never before details about King Khan's personality, fears and dislikes.

So what are you waiting for? Go ahead and book a copy in advance!

http://entertainment.oneindia.in/bollywood/news/2008/shahrukh-can-biography-180808.html

17. cute_srk

cute_srk Well-Known Member

Wow!!! Another one to the collection i suppose:D

18. Bridget

There will be new information it sounds like from all these news stories in this book. Of course I would buy it even if it didn't have new info but I am glad to hear that it will be more up to date with SRK that the others books are.

19. Bridget

This article on the book was in People magazine in August..this is the only picture I have which is too small to read the text

[​IMG]

20. Mariam khan

Mariam khan Marjanni

i want it =)