1. FORUM IS READ ONLY

Please read this thread!
    THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT OVER THE YEARS.
    Dismiss Notice

Best Of Shah Rukh Khan: 14 Brilliant SRK Movies We Can Watch Over And Over

Discussion in 'Shah Rukh Khan Dhamaal' started by tasifa, Apr 10, 2015.

1. tasifa

tasifa which means Blue Eyes in Thai.

Best Of Shah Rukh Khan: 14 Brilliant SRK Movies We
    Can Watch Over And Over
    by Anu Chanchal - Apr 10, 2015
    [​IMG]

Even if you are not a die-hard Shah Rukh Khan fan (chances of which are very slim), you would agree with me that these below 14 films are the best movie-outings of the superstar!

1. Swades – 2004

[​IMG]
    A film with patriotism in its roots, Swades had SRK play a NASA scientist who came back to his village in India to take his nanny with him to the US. But there, he found a new meaning to his life and finally decided to take the responsibility of working towards the welfare of his underdeveloped village.

2. Kal Ho Na Ho – 2003

[​IMG]
    One of his best performances till date, Kal Ho Na Ho was a feast for the eyes, especially because Shah Rukh made it look like one! Spreading happiness in others’ lives, while his own was fighting hard for few more days – the actor owned the strong yet vulnerable part to the tee.

3. Chak De! India – 2007

[​IMG]
    SRK looked at his hottest in this flick. As a passionate hockey coach, who had a mission to clear his tarnished image before the nation, Shah Rukh ensured he ruled hearts with both his outstanding screen presence and powerhouse acting credentials.

4. My Name Is Khan – 2010

[​IMG]
    Shah Rukh, suffering from Asperger’s syndrome in the film, is a delight to watch for everything he does just so amazingly – be it the way he presents himself as an abled man despite some challenges or the way he charms Kajol with his adorable antics.

5. Veer-Zaara – 2004

[​IMG]
    SRK’s Veer Pratap Singh is a passionate lover who spends his entire youth behind the bars for the sake of his sweetheart’s dignity. The climax, when the two meet after years, in their old ages, sure gives us goosebumps.

6. Devdas – 2002

[​IMG]
    An egoistic rich man and an intense lover – the combination is sure to create turbulences in relationships, especially the romantic ones. SRK, as Devdas, played this part with utmost flourish.

7. Darr – 1993

[​IMG]
    Khan essayed the role of a psycho lover with conviction. The grey streaks suited his crazy character to the tee and the actor made sure he rocked the silver screen with his incredible performance.

8. Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge – 1995

[​IMG]
    As Raj, Khan stormed the screens. His charming ways to woo his lady and then her family are still etched in our minds as fond memories. He redefined the onscreen lover with DDLJ.

9. Karan Arjun – 1995

[​IMG]
    Shah Rukh’s Arjun (and Vijay) was the happier brother. The happy-go-lucky character showed gritty shades aplenty as the story unfolded and he realized the true meaning of his second birth.

10. Paheli – 2005

[​IMG]
    We totally loved SRK with a moustache! Set against the rural backdrop of Rajasthan, the film had Khan in double roles – one of a common man and the other as a ghost. How one brought twists to the life of the other was the film’s central plot, and Khan made us go wow with his stupendous performance.

11. Anjaam – 1994

[​IMG]
    Anjaam, again, had the actor in a negative role, which he owned like a pro. As a crazy lover of Madhuri Dixit’s Shivani, Shah Rukh’s Vijay did many a wild and whacky thing to get the girl. Good thing is, he didn’t get stereotyped and went on to romance Madhuri in Dil To Pagal Hai and Koyla later.

12. Don – 2006

[​IMG]
    Though Amitabh Bachchan’s Don is matchless, SRK gave it his own good spin and we accepted his felonious avatar as much as we did Big B’s. Well, only he could have pulled off the role with such flair.

13. Kabhi Haan Kabhi Na – 1994

[​IMG]
    SRK’s Sunil was a real character – someone we could easily find around us. He was not the typical Bollywood hero, who would top his college or walk away with the girl of his dreams just so easily. He struggled for everything, and still failed, yet turned a winner! Confused? And curious? Go, watch the beautiful flick.

14. Baazigar – 1993

[​IMG]
    It was Shah Rukh Khan’s breakthrough role and the actor sure made his entry in B-Town felt through his powerful role. Dripping with grey streaks, his wild character had a revenge mission under his belt, which he accomplished with super finesse.

http://www.moviereviewpreview.com/b...-srk-movies-we-can-watch-over-and-over/36566/

rollercoast says thanks.
  2. rollercoast

rollercoast Zindagi

Not a bad list but I certainly wouldn't include Anjaam or KA.

3. Neeran

Neeran It's only us!

Where is Dil Se?!

4. Anniina

Anniina New Member

Where is Kabhi alvida naa kehna... Dil se... Jab tak hai jaan.... must been on list too, i think so...

5. Dea

Dea ♥SRK-Gauri♥

Anjaam i actually loved. but Karan Arjun???? :lol: i mean c'mon. and yes, where is Dil Se? one of my absolute favs. JTHJ? K3G was my first love...

rubyroo says thanks.
  6. rollercoast

rollercoast Zindagi

Highly controversial topic! :lol:

rubyroo and Dea thank this.
  7. rubyroo

rubyroo Art student. Inspired by him.

I'm not very discriminating when it comes to his movies. I can happily watch them all again and again.

skrogers and tasifa thank this.
  8. Anniina

Anniina New Member

Yes k3G, absolutely! so many great movies!!!!

9. Journey95

Journey95 Guest

Wouldn't really include Karan Arjun, Anjaam, KHKN or Paheli. None of them are brilliant imho.

I think K3G and KKHH are missing from the list. Great movies & performances by SRK. Also SRK was much better as Don than Amitabh who I feel is overrated in that role at least.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 27, 2016
  10. Karan#1

Karan#1 Well-Known Member

KHKN is a cult classic. One of SRK's best films and roles. One of the those roles where he was completely stripped off his supetstar aura.

11. Journey95

Journey95 Guest

Yeah I hear that quite often. I never watched it until a few weeks ago and was kind of disappointed. Expected more because of all the praise it gets & overall its really overrated if you ask me.

SRK was really good (although nothing special) but the overall story was lackluster and I really disliked the other two leads (awful actors). No desire to watch that movie again, its one of his weaker movies for me. Probably an unpopular opinion but there it is.

I don't think a movie is automatically good just because its different from the rest.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 27, 2016
  12. KKhan

KKhan Well-Known Member

well i can see most films over and over again ive seen all of his films more than a few times and can carry on - dil se veer zaara .... i can go on but like someone said its a controversial topic lol

skrogers says thanks.
  13. Journey95

Journey95 Guest

Yeah but everyone has their favourites/least favourites. Love Veer Zaara for an example and could rewatch it again & again but Dil Se was already a chore the second time.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 29, 2016
  14. KKhan

KKhan Well-Known Member

opinions more than often differentiate my friend

skrogers says thanks.
  15. skrogers

skrogers Southeast Connecticut, USA

I'm with you. All have their special merits. Paheli even made it to the Oscars.