Bejoy Nambiar wants SRK for David

Discussion in 'Moviewala' started by Number8, Feb 15, 2012.

1. Number8 Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Thanks Received:
    By Subhash K. Jha ,Feb 15, 2012 - 11:14 hrs IST

It started as a Hindi film. But now Shaitan director Bejoy Nambiar's David is a Hindi-Tamil bi-lingual, thanks to the presence of Tamil superstar Vikram in the cast, and the absence of an A-lister leading man…at least so far.

According to sources, Bejoy is eager to rope in Shah Rukh Khan to play one of the Davids. The other two Davids will be played by Tamil stars, one of them being of course Vikram with whom Bejoy is currently shooting in Mangalore.

Says a source, "The linguistic fate of David hangs entirely on Shah Rukh's nod. If he agrees to be part of the project playing one of the three Davids in Bejoy Nambiar's film, then the project will be made in Hindi. Otherwise the film will be made only in Tamil to cash in on Vikram's huge market there."

When contacted, Sanjeev Lamba - the CEO of Reliance said, "David is now being made in Hindi and Tamil, as a bi-lingual with a third dubbed version in Telugu. Vikram is the only actor who is on at the moment. We're looking at another major Tamil star." Lamba, however, remained tightlipped about the Hindi version and the Bollywood star expected to be roped.

What tilts the scale in the project's favour vis-à-vis Shah Rukh Khan is the fact that the superstar Khan has seen and loved Nambiar's Shaitan. He apparently expressed interest in Nambiar's work.

"That's how and when SRK came into the picture. Moreover, the film will require just 10 days of Shah Rukh's busy schedule, since he will be part of only one of the three segments of David," says our source.

http://www.bollywoodhungama.com/more/news/view/id/1412551
  2. Dear guest,

PlanetSRK is one of the largest ShahRukh Khan communities in the world.
    Please support us by registering for free!
    Just click the signup button at the top!

Thanks,

PlanetSRK Staff

3. RizwanaShahrukh I love SRK

Message Count:
    Thanks Received:
    I dont like the sound of this :rolleyes: shah should stay away from such stuff and js khancentrate on his mainstream movies only! and no special appearances either please :mmph: im done with shah having his name associated with small useless flop movies... and then for life.. the media includes it in HIS filmography and then says HIS movie flopped :rolleyes:
  4. shublee ~ShahRukhaholic

Message Count:
    Thanks Received:
    same here. plus just 1/3 or less of the film? he's got better & full lengthed roles/scripts he has yet to give a nod to you know.
  5. Number8 Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Thanks Received:
    It's sad but SRK the star is bigger than SRK the actor at the end of the day.
  6. rollercoast Zindagi

Message Count:
    Thanks Received:
    I'd like to know a little more about the film.
    Has anyone seen Shaitan?
    If its a worthwhile project and he has time, then why not?
  7. MaryAnnK Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Thanks Received:
    Chris, I checked it out here:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1836912/

Read the comments from viewers. I don't care for dark films, so not sure what David is all about.