Banner Contest 2008 Continued

Discussion in 'Contests & Competitions' started by Wafa, Sep 26, 2008.

1. Wafa

Wafa I want my Mom!!! Staff Member

Can you believe it has been close to a year since our last banner competition? :eek: So, we're really due for some face lift...

In the last 9-10 months we've seen an abundance of gorgeous pictures of SRK, from movies, KKR, KAPPS as well as ads and magazine covers.

This is an opportunity to show your talents and display your best skills and ideas. Again, the winners will have their banners uploaded and used for the front page of our forum, and... if you make a wallie of it I will print it and give it to SRK in Berlin.

The contest is effective immediately, and here are the RULES:

1- SIRF SHAH RUKH KHAN (Only SRK) pictures.
    2- dimensions are going to be different this time
    Width is 1200 pixels x Height 100 pixels
    File size 150 KB MAXIMUM
    please keep the file size as low as possible by removing any unneccesary frames/making adjustments.

3-
    Images needs to be broken down into 2, to one image at 598x100 pixels and the 2nd image at 602x100

In our previous contest we broke images down to 598x186 but in this new contest we need to cut 598x50. Here is how you break down the images:

http://www.planetsrk.com/forums/styles/PSRKversion2/header/Banner10/a.jpg)

and:
    http://www.planetsrk.com/forums/styles/PSRKversion2/header/Banner10/b.jpg)

4- Format: the following formats are accepted: JPG, GIF, PNG, or PSD(preferably)

It's better not to have any pictures on the right side of Shah Rukh because they might get cut...

5-
    You can submit more than one banner, but when you want to add more banners go back to your original post and edit to add the new banners.

6- Post ONLY Thumbnails please, and link them to the larger size

7- Upload in PlanetSRK Album, Under Wallpapers
    http://www.planetsrk.com/forums/gallery

8- Last day to submit will be October 8, so you have 12 days.

Good luck everyone! :high5:

Dear guest,

PlanetSRK is one of the largest ShahRukh Khan communities in the world.
    Please support us by registering for free!
    Just click the signup button at the top!

Thanks,

PlanetSRK Staff

3. KhushiDreamz

KhushiDreamz G.One Squad Member

Re: Banner Contest 2008

Wow! Finally a new banner contest. That's so good!
    Thank You Wafa Didi for these good news!
    I know many of those talented members will make the best banners ever!
    Good Luck everybody.

4. Ximena

Ximena Addicted to SRK

5. gigi

gigi New Member

A very good luck for all those who are going to participate. guys put all your effort and passion.

6. zahra

zahra khanaddicted

Re : Banner Contest 2008

Really?:eek:OMG!Thanks for reviving this thread.And I hope that there will be lots of members who will do it.:thumb:

7. srkandrea

srkandrea srkandrea

its really short time for the banner. but i hope i have the time to make some

8. hakim

hakim Well-Known Member

exciting. time to see some new banners and I always like to look at everyone's style :) good luck everyone.

9. srk_kushal

srk_kushal I Like Blue...

New banner contest! :) Good news!!! The last competition went very well and we saw great banners being put up. One more competition, means new look and themes. :) Fantastic. Wishing all the members good luck, as well as me :D.

10. srk_kushal

srk_kushal I Like Blue...

Sorry, but I need to clear a couple of things :

Wallie of what?

How will this include the full banner, if I am not wrong, then shouldn't it be 598x100, and 602x100?

Thanks. :)

11. MaryAnnK

MaryAnnK Well-Known Member

Oh, I am so excited. I loved seeing all the creativity you fans have flowing through your veins! I don't do this kind of work but I appreciate everyone who does!!! Thanks, again. I will be waiting with eyes wide open for a creative glimpse of Shah Rukh. My personal favorites are not too busy, mostly just focusing on him. Simple? (I don't know?)

12. Marishah

Marishah Te amo Shahrukh Khan

Wonderful idea..I would like be part of this contest...is fantastic make banners of Shah and i can found here much talent;)

13. srkandrea

srkandrea srkandrea

i think the same, the size must be *100 not *50 or?

14. srkandrea

srkandrea srkandrea

i think wafa only means to upload in the walli section not to make a walli out of it

will there be a special treat where we post them, so that all can make out their favourites?

15. Meghna04

Meghna04 ChakDe SRK!

Thanks Wafa! :hug:

It's really about time for a new competition! :D
    But I think I can't take part this time.
    1) I don't have enough time...
    2) my PC don't work like I want!!! :mad:

But I'm not sad... I looking forward to see the new banners and I wish all Members a lots of fun and good luck! :thumb:

16. ShahRukh's Jungli Billi

ShahRukh's Jungli Billi Shahrukh's JungliBilli

Wow how awesome, such a great idea, thanks Wafa Didi, for allowing another wallie competition, i know alot is excited, good luck to all those who participate,i cant wait to see the results... :)

17. Pinky Iqbal

Pinky Iqbal SHAHRUKH LOVER

Woooooooow Banner contest is backkkkkkkkkkk :dance: Last year I participated and this year I'll also participate, but if I get time :rolleyes: Best of luck to all the contestants :thumb:

18. Ximena

Ximena Addicted to SRK

Are you sure about these measurements. they just seem to thin AND they don't even match the final image of 1200 px by 100 px

19. Wafa

You're absolutely right, I meant both images should be at Height of 100 pixels.

I wanted the banners to be thinner this time to make some more space on to of the page for other things.

can someone make a sample and we can try it to see how it looks before anyone goes ahead?

20. Wafa

on #1 question, if you make the banner it will have different dims than the wallie, usually the wallpaper is larger and has different dimensions.

#2- you are right. both lengths should be at 100.

21. Wafa

actually andrea I meant to make both if you chose to.. one to upload as banner and the other as a wallpaper to print and give to srk.