1. FORUM IS READ ONLY

Please read this thread!
    THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT OVER THE YEARS.
    Dismiss Notice

Badi Mushkil Hai!!

Discussion in 'Anjaam' started by bluey[Ru], Jul 4, 2008.

1. bluey[Ru]

bluey[Ru] Guest

hello! :wave:
    i watched this movie maybe 2 weeks ago and well i didnt really like it, but.. there is this song which is called Badi Mushkil Hai and it grabed my attention because the first time i watched it, i remembered an iterview Shahrukh did with NDTV and he was asked that why does he has the need to be loved?

at first when i heard that interview, i dont think i got what she meant by her question but when i watched that song in the movie i felt it and it was strong! i was looking at Shahrukh and the way he would look at the camera and whatever he was doing it made me feel like he is saying "love and accept me", and i dont know if you guys felt the same.. but here watch the video:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J9KD8AWl97E
    and let me know what you think.. cause everytime i look at it i just smile and love him even more :eek::eek::eek::eek:

edit: OH! and ye i was putting my hand over my eyes in the taxi scene! :kiss: he was so cute though lol

2. Bridget

Bridget Well-Known Member

The taxi scene in Anjaam....IMO the scariest thing/stunt SRK ever did on film, and he's done some nerve-wracking ones indeed.

I think I know what video interview you are talking of as it's one of my all time favorite interviews with SRK. Her questions are much more in depth and she makes some strong statements & asks some probbing questions to him about his deep sadness and his strong need to be loved by the audience. It's on youtube but the rules say I can't mention where but you can find it with a search there...part 3 of an interview Nov 2007 right before OSO opened. Interviewer is A. Chopra who wrote King of Bollywood. Part three is the best part and the one I'm referring to here.

As to the song I do, find this song catchy and of course he's playing a twisted and violent character who is desperately in love with a woman who hates him so he's desperate longing for her love. My favorite part of this song and where I feel the most emotion (other than fear when he's sliding around on top of a taxi moving 40 mph in traffic) is at the end when you think the song has ended but it starts again and he's singing to his mother near the pool.

The song that in my mind comes more to me with SRK's need for love is from Chaahat and it's the song where he's a singer begging and extremely sad in the train station. When I look at his eyes throughout that song...well it gives me the chills.

3. Bridget

One other Anjaam aside......I have been trying now for almost 2 weeks to get my husband to watch all of Anjaam. IMO it's one of SRK's best early films and has some interesting twists and unexpected plot points and characters unlike what I've seen in other Indian films of his. He doesn't like SRK playing bad or negative or even irritating (like in DDLJ) characters so I can only get him to watch a few scenes before he wants to stop. I'm hoping he will eventually make it all the way through Anjaam (he also doesn't like violence and this is one of the most violent SRK films ever too).

Thanks Ru for bringing Anjaam up for some discussion here.

4. bluey[Ru]

bluey[Ru] Guest

oh! ye i have that interview, but i didnt know her name :eek: i knew her last name is Chopra but not her first name! thanks though :hug:
    i will download that Chahaat song and see what you mean, but ye the taxe scene :jaw: i was really scared cause the taxi well, seemed like was in a hurry lol

actually i felt the need of him wanting to be loved when he was on top of the taxi, just the way he looked at the camera.. that did give me chills really i wanted to go and hug the TV lol!

i dont think i liked the movie much.. it did have lots of violance.. and Madhuri was scary for real, but apart from that i think his acting skills were amazing, he did the twisted dude very well but to be honest the first scenes from the movie i mean, like the cake scene i was looking at him and the way he was behaving i was like that cant be him, he is just too nice to do that!!
    i mean i think this was the first movie i see of him where i actually felt like hating him! i never saw a movie before where he was the bad guy [apart from Don cause this movie is totally different] but at the end of course i cried lol but oh well..

can you tell me the songs name in Chaahat?
    and enshAllah your husband will get to watch it :D

thank you for being the only one who replies to this post :D:hug:

5. Dea

Dea ♥SRK-Gauri♥

uh well i don't like that haircut :D but i love the song and the scene
    so sweet :love:

6. shublee

shublee ~ShahRukhaholic

NO! how can u not like his hair?? :tape2:

right :boxing::boxing:

:lol: just kidding :p

I felt so too
    when SRK is in front of the camera for any movie it feels to me as if he belongs there, dont know how else to put it
    thanks for sharing the video :D

7. bluey[Ru]

bluey[Ru] Guest

lol i know what you mean
    whoever made Fauji said that, the camera chose him! and its true, not only the camera but 3.6 billion people around the world :madgrin:

8. shublee

shublee ~ShahRukhaholic

exactly
    & also another thing i want to say

I love to watch Shahrukh dubbing (is that the right word?) for his movies
    when u watch the movie and u listen to it, u can tell that he put the same expression into the dialogues his saying to match with the expression u see on screen

in the Immer World Of SRK, it shows him dubbing for Kal Ho Na Ho & for me it was nice to see

when i watch other films i can tell that while the actor/actress was on screen their facial expression might be lets say angry but the voice to match is like their not bothered
    its in a monotone

no wonder why i only like SRK movies

even though everything in the movie is made up it still seems realistic & u can get into the movie

with others its seems totally fake

9. bluey[Ru]

bluey[Ru] Guest

hmm ye i know what you mean.. but its weird na :D for him to make the movie and then do that dubbing again, i mean how he would put his emotions into his voice to match his facial expression and all that :love: and imagine Shublee if he didnt do that and the movie had his voice while making it, :madgrin: we love him with that dubbing thingy i guess its a mercy on us that we see the movie after the dubbing :pound: dubbing sounds funny by the way :lol:

10. shublee

shublee ~ShahRukhaholic

RU, u laugh at everything :p
    see how big i made the word everything, thats how much u laugh :rofl:

even if he didnt dub it i would watch it though
    i just love his voice!!!

11. bluey[Ru]

bluey[Ru] Guest

:pound: thats not a bad thing, its better than to cry at everything :lol:

me too! his voice is so .. unique :D i love it! :heart:

12. shublee

shublee ~ShahRukhaholic

lol

why didnt u like it?
    i found the bits where he hits madhuri really scary
    but since i dont like her much it was ok :p

13. ZaraaKhan

ZaraaKhan ♥ Mohabbat_Girl ♥

14. bluey[Ru]

bluey[Ru] Guest

:lol:
    well, i didnt like it cause of the story :confused2:
    i think im used to Karan Johar movies that i compare other movies with his wat of directing a movie :lol:
    but i loved Shahrukh in it, not that he was hitting Madhuri but the way he made a bad boy, hated him in the movie but loved him at the end which is weeiiiirdddddddddddddddddddddd lol

15. Bridget

Another part of Anjaam that I really liked that no one has mentioned on this thread yet is the part where he's in the wheelchair and his mind is gone. I know logically it makes no sense that she could "cure him with love" but I think his acting in these scenes is just great and so unlike anything he's ever done since.

My favorite parts of that are when she first sees him with his expressionless face roll by her and she drops the knife that she was going to use to kill him and then how he acts so blankly when she does things like shave him or try to get him to pray. Then there are the parts where she's dancing so seductively in front of him and he can barely move his head and hands jerkily....and of course the bounce the baseball off his head scene.

16. luxia

luxia I'm demented...

I agree Bridget, it's quite impressive, especially knowing his usual restless energy. I was bowled over by his performance in this movie, but then again, I have a soft spot for the bad boys. :D

17. shublee

shublee ~ShahRukhaholic

Just the part where she doesnt kill him is ok

the parts where she's dancing, :nono:
    it was kinda weird
    he's like half senseless & she's dancing to make him better

i liked the ending though
    they both die
    pain over for both

18. MaryAnnK

MaryAnnK Well-Known Member

I think I will hold off on letting any friend view this one until they have seen a few of his other films first. You really cannot appreciate his acting in this one until you have a few to compare it with. The story line is hard to digest but his acting is marvelous.

I love Badi Mushkil Hai. What a fun song. just felt like it didn't fit in this movie. I know it kind of let you into his thinking but it just didn't fit the character, I don't think. I have this song on a CD my sister made for me but I had not idea what movie it was from. Now I can picture what he is singing about when I listen to it next time.

19. shublee

shublee ~ShahRukhaholic

^ I agree

but then i would recommend some other movies where he has done a negative role like Darr or Baazigar first then this one

and then i'd recommend some later ones where he plays the lead in a hero's role :)

that way they can see the way he has gotten better and better (dont know how to describe it)

20. MaryAnnK

MaryAnnK Well-Known Member

I just started watching this again for only the second time. I reread this thread because for the life of me, I could not remember what the storyline was about! That is how forgettable the film was. Not Shah Rukh! No I don't mean him or his acting, just the storyline. I am trying to figure out why we don't like him/his character. We can watch Baazigar over and over. We can watch Darr over and over and this one is "forgettable!" I don't think that Shah Rukh's character comes across the screen for us to be sympathetic too. It is almost like his character in Hum Tumhare Hai Sanum. We just don't become emotionally attached to him for some reason. (At least I don't.)

I will have to post more later. My time is so short for the next few days and I don't know when I will get the film finished but I will be back!