1. FORUM IS READ ONLY

Please read this thread!
    THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT OVER THE YEARS.
    Dismiss Notice

Army -the story

Discussion in 'Army' started by Souby, Feb 28, 2006.

1. Souby

Souby New Member

Army

Synopsis:

Renowned for his bravery, Major Arjun Singh (Shah Rukh Khan) ranks among the elite group of officers in the armed forces. He falls in love with Geeta (Sridevi), a lawyer and soon the couple tie the knot. Arjun Singh has a unique sense of humour and pretends to be dead on a number of occasions. Geeta hates this prank which one day becomes reality. Arjun Singh is assassinated by terrorist Nagraj (Danny Denzongpa) and his friends Pancham (Tinnu Anand) and Rahul (Aasif Sheikh), after a gallant fight put up by Arjun Singh to free his sister Gayatri from their clutches. Geeta's life comes to a standstill. In addition to losing her beloved, she also fails to get justice from the court and the criminals get away scot free, adding insult to injury.

Geeta decides to take justice into her own hands. To fight Kooka, she creates her own five man army from a bunch of convicts with no future. In jail, she comes across Kishan (Harish), Kevin (Ronit Roy), Kartar (Ravi Kissen), Khan (Sudesh Berry) and Kabir (Mohnish Behl), all convicted for murder and sentenced to death. They mastermind their escape from her brother who is the jailer (Raghubir Singh) with the single objective of killing those who destroyed her life.

2. sonal

sonal SRK's D&G lover!

thanks soubia... i only watched it for him

3. cadisha

cadisha Tiger Tamer

Strange movie oO I watched it yesterday (only because of him). But the scenes with him were very funny ;) I like that one Song, where Geeta runs away from him all the time :D
    But the scene in which he died and the battle... were a bit... erm... lets say... :tape: ok, no words for this...

4. Alana

Alana New Member

This movie is such a horrible one. No good actors, except of Shahrukh and maybe Srivedi, not really good songs, except the one with Shahrukh, and the story, yes no words.

The craziest thing is this jail song, I mean are they right in head? It sounds that the jail is the best place to stay.

5. Cristina4him

Cristina4him Inspector number 8

I like movies for what they are. Even the different ones. I liked it. I loved seeing Shahrukh as the angel giving strength to the wife. I can't imagine what it would be like if all movies were the same. So I liked Army for what it was. The music was not my favorite, but it is a matter of taste. Shahrukh made me feel so sad in this one :( God, I love that man!

6. Alana

Alana New Member

Year, but the story of the movie, I think it would be ok, but how they tell it is not good. In some scenes I think it's not logical. For me the movie has no sense. So many times, in which she could kill this tyrann, but every time sh let him run away. One time is ok, but at the second time.....so it gets boring to watch her running after that man.

Ok this idea of the angel, who helps her to survive and solve the task is ok.

I wonder why he acted in this movie?

7. special_koe

special_koe New Member

I don't understand why this movie is so goofed off. I always avoided to watch it completely because all reviews I read (molodezhnaja (a german/swuiss b-wood site and amazon.de) were sooo negative. This seems to be a german problem :mad: . The movie is imho not worse than most other ones. I liked Sridevi and SRK was wonderful as always. I really enjoyed watching it.

And alana: logical? I have to think deeply which hindi movie I've ever seen where everything was logical. "horrible one" :confused: :confused:

8. Alana

Alana New Member

The logic problem I have in every movie, not only in Hindi-Movies. And there are few movies with sense and message, but I can't really find a message in Army.

And I don't think it's a german problem that the people think that Army is not so good. As I said the story itself is ok, but I think the way of telling it is horrible. And yes this movie is one I have seen but I would never buy it. I can't enjoy it. And I think I don't watch it again.

But this is ok I think and when people say they enjoy it or say it's a good movie, than this is ok too. This is quite normal. Imagine everyone would like or dislike the same things...........

But when you like that movie, please write a review of yourself and tell why you have this opinion. I love to read reviews and I'm very interessted what the people think and why.
    I should do it too, what I wrote is not very qualified and I need to take a deeper look into the plot.

9. roya20

roya20 New Member

He was very funny in this film.:D

10. SRKJR

SRKJR RK Film's Student

this film was seriously not at all what i expected it to be.SRK and Sridevi.two of the best actors in indian cinema and they came together for a movie like this?i'm seriously disappointed with this movie.yes the SRK parts were good but as soon as he's dead the movie goes haywire.i'd say to only watch this for the SRK parts and when he's dead just turn it off.

11. angelika13

angelika13 New Member

i don't see this movie yet but i hope that i'll see it quicly :)

12. Pompula

Pompula Shahrukh Fan-Girl

Obviously I also only watched this film for him. And he was good, the character was very sweet. But he was there for such a short time... I agree that the film was a bit boring after that. But considering that I've also heard such horrible reviews about it, it actually wasn't as bad as I had expected. It would be nice though to see Shahrukh and Sridevi in a film more desering of them both...

13. MaryAnnK

MaryAnnK Well-Known Member

Okay, I don't know if I would sit through this one again. I might just watch Shah Rukh's scenes. These early films are his stepping stones in his career. He had to do them. He was seen by all of those directors who recognized his talent and charisma on screen. He needed a paycheck! He loved acting! We love seeing him on screen! An actor does not have control how a film is put together after they have made their scenes. That is the director and editor's work.

I love this man, no matter how bad the film may have turned out. He still shines through that celluloid!:heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart:

LOGIC? What is that in a Bollywood film? LOL This is the first time I have seen Shridevi. She is beautiful. What else has she done?