Are you ever too old to fall in love?

Discussion in 'Member Masala' started by Jamaicalady, Dec 14, 2015.

1. Jamaicalady

Jamaicalady Member

Since I'm a new member, I thought I would share my journey to Shah Rukh with you. Until the spring of 2015, I had never heard of him. Didn't know much about Hindi cinema ("Bollywood") except there was alot of singing and dancing in the films. Since musicals are not as popular in the States as they used to be, there is not much promotion on Indian films. Plus, as a non Hindi speaking person, I thought it would be tiresome to read subtitles. I was born in the '40's, brought up in the '50's, and toughened by the '60's. As a westerner, I have gotten disillusioned by most Hollywood films and so I watched a couple of Indian films. Started out with K3G and RNBDJ and found them really good. Reading subtitles isn't all that bad! I really noticed Shah Rukh because of his extremely expressive face. He conveys so much emotion, sometimes you don't need to read the words. I started watching (and buying) all his movies and have deeply respected his talent. For me, a movie, song, book (whatever) should evoke a feeling in the observer and that's what his acting has done for me. So, I would like to thank Mr. Khan for all the many hours of enjoyment I've had, but also, he made me curious about India. I've been reading and watching videos about this beautiful land and admire the culture and family values they endorse. At my age, I'm rather hard to impress, but I can honestly say that I respect Shah Rukh, not only for his creative talent, but for his personal life as well. Thanks for letting me share my views with you.

Mara, Dea, mumbiene and 1 other person say thanks.

Dear guest,

PlanetSRK is one of the largest ShahRukh Khan communities in the world.
    Please support us by registering for free!
    Just click the signup button at the top!

Thanks,

PlanetSRK Staff

3. rollercoast

rollercoast Zindagi

You've come to the right place to express those views Nancy. Here you're surrounded by people who have been touched by srk, some have grown up with Him but for many he is a late-in-life revelation. Welcome! :D

Mara and Dea thank this.
  4. Dea

Dea ♥SRK-Gauri♥

welcome Nancy! u're definitely in the right place! thanks for sharing ur story :) we're glad to have u here!

5. KKhan

KKhan Well-Known Member

feel at home nancy welcome