Appropriate Forum Conduct

Discussion in 'Site Announcements' started by Kalee, Mar 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kalee

Kalee I love you Shah Rukh. Staff Member

A few reminders on how we can keep PlanetSRK the best forum for all its members :thumb:: one that promotes healthy discussions and exchange of ideas, and lets people feel comfortable in expressing their views.

1) This is a forum for open discussion. Everyone's ideas should be valued and respected. It is natural that there will be differences of opinion, and this should be dealt with in a professional and courteous manner. Target the issue, NOT the person.

2) There is NO right or wrong answer. Feel free to discuss issues as much as you want, but in a non-threatening manner and in an appropriate tone (without trying to sound superior, condescending, sarcastic, etc.) Remember, bold letters, CAPS, exclamations!! and emoticons :) all contribute to tone, so be cautious of that. Ultimately, topics are for discussion, not for the purpose of proving ones point or reaching some consensus.

3) If an issue does arise, try to resolve it via PM with the member or involvement of a moderator as to not create a threatening or uncomfortable environment for other members.

4) PlanetSRK has a three strikes policy. Addressing members with profanity, derogatory remarks or any form of rudeness will not be tolerated. The member will be given three warnings, after which he/she will be banned, based upon a final decision by the administrators. As mentioned above, disagreements and differences in views are natural and understood, however, we request that you please engage only in respectful dialogue. PlanetSRK is a place for Shah Rukh's fans to express their love for him. I request you to please help us to keep our home full of love, kindness and respect, where every member can feel safe in expressing themselves.

Overall, please remember that we each have our own opinion and we don't have to agree with everyone. Keeping healthy discussions and exchanging views is always encouraged, however, without offensive personal attacks.:)

Dear guest,

PlanetSRK is one of the largest ShahRukh Khan communities in the world.
    Please support us by registering for free!
    Just click the signup button at the top!

Thanks,

PlanetSRK Staff

3. Wafa

Wafa I want my Mom!!! Staff Member

very well said Kalee thank you for posting this.:thumb:

4. Kalee

Felt it was a good time to refresh this topic and remind members of what appropriate forum conduct is.:)

I would also like to add that Reputation Power is intended to be something fun and to show appreciation for members' contributions to the forum. If there is an issue, as opposed to giving one negative reputation points, which ultimately does not accomplish anything, please either PM that member or one of the moderators, or simply report the post so that the issue can be resolved. Thank you.:)

5. Kalee

I've noticed a lot of sarcastic comments here lately, be it in words or eye-rolling emoticons. Whether there's a difference of opinion, disagreement over whether something should or should not have been posted, it can all be expressed respectfully. Please keep this in mind when expressing a difference of opinion. Thank you.:)

Anjali72, danshula, sonataca and 6 others thanked this.
  6. Wafa

Wafa I want my Mom!!! Staff Member

Thank you Kalee.
    Just a reminder to everyone, this is a forum for discussion, do not expect others to agree with you but don't take disagreements personal. we all want to share our point of views and everyone has his/her own thoughts and tastes. Please be cordial and respectful.

On the other hand, its hard to get the exact tone from someone just by reading their comments online. so keep that in mind, one may not mean to be offensive or sarcastic but their comments come across that way.

DianaDimple, Pompula, Anjali72 and 5 others thanked this.
  7. Kalee

Please see point four of the first post. A three strikes policy has been implemented.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.