1. FORUM IS READ ONLY

Please read this thread!
    THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT OVER THE YEARS.
    Dismiss Notice

Anupama Chopra BOOK's "King of Bollywood" (PICS)

Discussion in 'King Of Bollywood Photo Gallery' started by cherine, Jul 31, 2007.

1. lalarukh

lalarukh Shah Jaan

okay Wafa:)sorry dear:sorry::)

2. ZaraaKhan

ZaraaKhan ♥ Mohabbat_Girl ♥

i've seen some of those pics and i looooooove them:)

3. mariaSRK

mariaSRK New Member

Thanx***********

4. f khan

f khan Farah Khan

What pics awsome great and.................... what can i say superb
    but i have Question? who can this man always looks sooooooooooooooooo good?

5. lionalex9000

lionalex9000 New Member

he have a very cute face and big haert he is my dremes

6. Insiyah510

Insiyah510 I love @iamsrk

Lovely pics guys
    God bless all of u!!!

7. *ميرال*

*ميرال* New Member

thanks all of U>>
    [​IMG]

8. maya2500

maya2500 New Member

Re : Anupama Chopra BOOK's "King of Bollywood" (PICS)

hi! thanks for the photos they are excellents

9. mumbiene

mumbiene Well-Known Member

lost pics
    YR4N6784.JPG YR4N6791.JPG YR4N6802.JPG YR4N6808.JPG YR4N6899.JPG YR4N7185.JPG YR4N7195.JPG YR4N7196.JPG

MaryAnnK, Dea, rollercoast and 3 others thanked this.
  10. mumbiene

mumbiene Well-Known Member

11. Vegainko

Vegainko Well-Known Member

12. rollercoast

rollercoast Zindagi

So beautiful.... :love:

13. srkcrazyfan

srkcrazyfan Member

I bought this book, being sold in roadside (local edition probably illegal) for around 100 rupees. Only hot selling books and timeless classics, end up in the road side cheap book market in Bangalore. Was delighted to find this book there. I could not afford to read other books on SRK.

But to be very honest, was very disappointed by the content. Anupama Chopra is 100% not an SRK fan. So much unnecessary Bachchan related stuff.. Hardly has details. No quotes from Delhi friends, nothing about his college, personal life... Sometimes makes fun of his acting (calling it hamming)... Not sure what this book aims to achieve. Very vague book, much like Anupama's movie bland movie reviews. Serves as petite portion of appetizer that leaves you more hungry than before.

14. Karan#1

Karan#1 Well-Known Member

^ Not surprised to hear that.

15. Mara

Mara Well-Known Member

I believe Anupama Chopra is an SRK fan, but she is painfully honest –like him. I think he wanted her to be. She doesn't hesitate to include an incident where he attacked a reporter, abused him and was thrown in jail. But she also tells why he did it. Also, there are times when a director tells SRK to ham it up, and he does. SRK says he always gives the director the performance required for the role. That’s an actor’s job. I especially enjoyed the full human being that she wrote about, not a cardboard cutout hero for us to project our fantasies onto. We can love SRK for his weaknesses as well as his strengths. Lesser human beings would have insisted she take those more critical parts about him out of the book, but SRK only encouraged her more. It’s a testament to the great human being that he is and his appreciation for her as a writer.

As a person new to Hindi cinema, I appreciated all the background cinema history she wrote about. I sat in on a class on Indian Culture at UCLA in Los Angeles, and the prof began and ended his Bollywood lecture with Batchchan. We even watched “Deewar” and discussed it. The prof was oblivious or rejecting about SRK’s role and how DDLJ reflected changes in Indian culture. Chopra’s book on DDLJ expands on what she writes about in K0B. It’s important to understand how Batchchan was “King of Bollywood” before SRK took over. SRK filled that empty spot when Batchchan retired. I think I’ve watched all the films she mentions in the book and appreciated her descriptions which put SRK in a historical perspective and shows how creative and innovative he is. The legacy SRK will leave will have a deep influence on India for many years to come. The book Shah Rukh Can by Mushtaq Shiekh is more of an flattering and adoring fan book, if that’s what you want.

I hope someday someone will write a psychological biography on him which is honest about some of his early traumas which he is revealing only now in bits and pieces, such as his mother giving him away for adoption. I doubt he’ll write about it in his autobiography, perhaps hasn't realized the significance and impact with it himself, thinks of it as “normal” like most people who have experienced childhood difficulties.

nancy and srkcrazyfan thank this.
  16. srkcrazyfan

srkcrazyfan Member

I have never been a fan of Musthaq Sheikh for his screen play writing skills which is very average (lacks nuances like Habib Faisal/Jaideep Sahini nor does it have a punch like Mayur Puri), for his stardom achieved out of flattering big stars. He once turned up in an news channel debate over some SRK controversy, and his view points lacked content. Its people like him who are dangerous to SRK. Glad that he didn't sign him up for Happy New Year.
    I noticed there were errors about SRK in an interview about his book on SRK. Never read it as its over priced and embarrassingly big sized.

I really believed Anupama to be a little sophisticated. Until I read the book and watched more of her TV show. I don't have a problem with her teasing SRK for hamming. SRK himself jokes about his fight with the reporter. He had never hidden the news about the fight. You can read his 90s interviews.

My biggest problem is she is giving you a very flawed view of SRK. She sides the story that has been a bane on SRK. She makes him the NRI hero, consistently ignoring films like Asoka, Dil Se etc .. Even her recent write up about 50 shades of K, seems to limit SRK into a box, while praising Salman and Aamir in the way their fans see them. She refers to SRK in past tense in the recent write up as opposed to the other two.

I don't want her to be fan girl and adore him at every page. But SRK is in many ways phenomenal. The book doesn't do justice to him at all. I expected more from her.

Its a pity that you have to read her book to gain intro to Bollywood. There are better books about Bollywood history. For ex: "Bollywood's Top 20 Superstars of Indian Cinema: Bhaichand Patel". This lady's book simple grazes topics without content and soul. Even her recollection of glory days of Amitabh Bachchan is vague.

And totally agree on the psychological biography part. I believe SRK is not yet ready to relive his past. He recollects them in bits and pieces. I think he rushed away from the grief, bottled it up and simply jokes it off. He might have poured it out in some cathartic screen moment, but hasn't shared the truth of it to anyone, even Gauri... (because he said in that Simi Garewal interview that he didn't want Gauri to be disturbed by his restlessness). The limelight, fast life and busy schedules have been an effective facade. I really love Vir Sanghvi's write up, Sanjay Jha's write up and the Thinkfest talk for that purpose. Looking forward to his book. For now, his tweets are the best access to his soul..

nancy and Mara thank this.
  17. Karan#1

Karan#1 Well-Known Member

SRK 'may' ham or overplay certain scenes when required to in commercial films but so do all other actors.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2015
    MaryAnnK says thanks.
  18. Neeran

Neeran It's only us!

I just dislike people who literally earns big bucks out of someone, and then try to "act" superior & degrading their craft. This lady is a true example of that.

juliet_dead says thanks.
  19. phul

phul SRK my heart my soul