1. FORUM IS READ ONLY

Please read this thread!
    THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT OVER THE YEARS.
    Dismiss Notice

Anjaam -- the Movie

Discussion in 'Anjaam' started by Meghna04, Jan 24, 2006.

1. Meghna04

Meghna04 ChakDe SRK!

Anjaam

Year: 1994
    Cast: Shahrukh, Madhuri Dixit, Deepak Tijori, Kiran Kumar & Johny Lever
    Producer: Shiv Bharat Films
    Director: Rahul Rawail
    Music Director: Anand Milind
    Awards : Filmfare Award-Best Villainous Role for Shah Rukh Khan

Synopsis

Anjaam (Final Result) is the story of Vijay Agnihotri (Shah Rukh Khan) a rich man and Shivani (Madhuri Dixit) an air hostess. During a business trip Vijay meets Shivani, a hostess on his flight. During the flight Shivani pampers Vijay when he is accidentally hurt. Vijay mistakes Shivani's pampering for love and comes home happy and tells his mother of his new love. When Vijay takes his mother to Shivani's house to propose marriage, he is suprised to see marriage celebrations for Shivani's wedding with Ashok (Deepak Tijori), an airline pilot.

Songs from Anjaam:

Badi mushkil hai
    Singer/s: Abhijeet
    Music Director/s: Anand Milind
    Lyricst: Sameer

Barson ke baad

Singer/s: Alka Yagnik

Channe ke khet mein
    Singer/s: Poornima & Chorus

Kolhapur se aayee
    Singer/s: Sadhana Sargam & Chorus

Pratighat ki jwala
    Singer/s: Sapna Awasthi & Chorus

Sun meri banno
    Singer/s: Alka Yagnik & Chorus

Tu samne jab aata hai
    Singer/s: Alka Yagnik & Udit Narayan

2. Weda

Weda SRK's Sweetheart

Some pics from the movie Anjaam

[​IMG]

3. Weda

Weda SRK's Sweetheart

4. Weda

Weda SRK's Sweetheart

5. Weda

Weda SRK's Sweetheart

6. Weda

Weda SRK's Sweetheart

7. Weda

Weda SRK's Sweetheart

8. Meghna04

Meghna04 ChakDe SRK!

9. Meghna04

Meghna04 ChakDe SRK!

10. Meghna04

Meghna04 ChakDe SRK!

11. SRK65

SRK65 New Member

12. SRK65

SRK65 New Member

13. SRK65

SRK65 New Member

14. sonal

sonal SRK's D&G lover!

i think both of them were excellent in this film... another classic indeed!

15. Dev

Dev New Member

I loved the film. I like it when he plays evil characters. I found the film to be very entertaining and Madhuri was fantastic. The ending was shocking too. I definitely would recommend this film especially if you like dark, violent stories.

16. MarjorieGK

MarjorieGK Ullu-Club-Member

If I saw this film as first after, say Mohabbatein, KHNH or Swades, I would have been shocked by the character played by SRK. As I've seen some of his "darker" movies (and I don't mean Don 2006), this one didn't come as a shock. Still, I was surprised by so much violence (e.g. the scenes in prison or Shivani's revenge). For a moment I thought that there would be a happy end after all. However, this would be too improbable, even for Bolly films.
    Good film, Madhuri and SRK were great. I think, Madhuri is absolutely the best dancer - I love watching her dance!

17. junibrown

junibrown New Member

I too was shocked by Shahrukh's character in this movie. He was just so evil. However, be it an evil role or an angelic hero Shahrukh always gives a great performance.

Even though I do not really support people taking revenge on others I continued to watch the movie throughout (in spite of the disgusting jail scenes) to see Vijay get what was coming to him. I was satisfied just knowing that he had become an invalid for the rest of his life.

Shivani was finally free and could have gone on with her life (in spite of all her loss--she was still alive--she survived). Why did she have to decide to waste her time and kill him? In the end she lost her life as well. I did not care for the ending, but I enjoyed watching Madhuri (excellent dancer) and Shahrukh give some great performances.

18. luxia

luxia I'm demented...

At the risk of sounding trite: he's just too good at being bad. :becky:
    Great performances both from Madhuri and SRK.
    And just who was that piece of wood playing the husband???

19. nainital

nainital New Member

Oh yes, he's just adorable when he's evil ... (aren't we all sick *gg*)
    Even in Anjaam he manages to show some redeeming qualities (as usual again, it's the pain in his eyes when he can't get what he wants (don't want to spoil too much) ... After that scene (cutting his wrists ... is on one of the stills above) I couldn't help but feel for him ... I'm hopeless ...

20. 1Feyenoord

1Feyenoord Member

I really couldn't feel for him, i hated the character that he played. So that means that he did a good job! Didn't srk got an award for this?