1. FORUM IS READ ONLY

Please read this thread!
    THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT OVER THE YEARS.
    Dismiss Notice

All Box Office news/updates about Chak De India

Discussion in 'Chak De India' started by Kalsoom_24, Aug 10, 2007.

1. ssonde

ssonde New Member

It requires abt 57-60 crores to get to blockbuster status and the way the film is doing and with no big releases in the next month or so there is an extremely realistic chance that it will get there.....:)

2. semaay

semaay Senior Member

thank you very much Shantanu :thumb:

3. KKhan

KKhan Well-Known Member

thanks i also hope the movie reaches blockbuster it totally deserves it its a really good movie and has a nice and strong message

4. donjasjit

donjasjit New Member

HTML:
    Super strong all over and emerges 2nd blockbuster of the year. The 4th week business is approx 7 crore nett. BLOCKBUSTER

Source-Boxofficeindia

So Chak de India has now become a blockbuster. In fact there is a good chance that it may even overtake Partner as the biggest hit of the year.

5. jazy

jazy Member

Will be extremely happy if CDI gets a blockbuster status - such a good movie and deserves to be one.Thanks for sharing.

6. 1Feyenoord

1Feyenoord Member

7. donjasjit

donjasjit New Member

Taran Adarsh has an axe to grind, he was the one who the gave a rating of just 2/5 for Chak de India. Taran also confidently predicted that the movie would not be a hit.

How can he now acknowledge the fact that his judgement was so poor that Chak de is not just a hit but a blockbuster.

Don't go by what he says, just read the figures at indiafm and boxofficeindia. At indiafm, the figure for Chak de is 28.9 crores in 4 weeks as compared to 30.88 crores for Partner in 7 weeks. So it appears quite likely that propelled by it's tax free status, Chak De may overtake Partner and become the biggest hit of the year.

8. Rajshri

Rajshri Well-Known Member

IT'S A BLOCKBUSTERRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

9. jg2k

jg2k The.One

CDI's doing extremely well everywhere! And BOI has already said that it's a Blockbuster!

As for Taran Adrash, let's not give his words much thought! He had said that "Aap Ka Suroor" would be a big hit!!!

BOI is usually considered a more authentic source!
    So, party time guys! :thumb::D

10. KKhan

KKhan Well-Known Member

ya i agree box office india is the real box office source and guys im really happy about chak de being a blockbuster it truly deserves it it is a really good film im just so happy thanks to allah the film has done really good and inshallah it will do even better thanks for sharing guys im really happy about this

11. semaay

semaay Senior Member

YUHUUUUU :rofl:!!! I am so happy!!!! My King, you did it again! Thank you your highness!!

12. sanjani

sanjani Ullu-Club Member

13. chatranisrk

chatranisrk Well-Known Member

I'm ecstatic over the success of such a brilliant and smart movie!! :heart::heart:

At last, the audience, after missing on movies like Dil se, Asoka, Paheli and others, is ready to Chak de! Unconventional message! I do hope and I certainly believe it will reach the statut of Blockbuster of the year and will won a loadful of awards for Shah Rukh :heart::heart:

14. irene

irene Active Member

how much is a crore?

15. luxia

luxia I'm demented...

I crore = 100 000 000

100,000,000 INR = 2,470,355 USD
    or
    100,000,000 INR = 17,824,604 ZAR

16. Lia

Lia Well-Known Member

Yuhuuu....... Blockbuster...... :thumb:
    Chak De India not only Blockbuster in Box Office ..... but also Blockbuster in Critic. That's called The Winner...... :thumb:

17. Ximena

Ximena Addicted to SRK

well I'm static to hear that is doing so well. its a great movie with a very positive message.
    I loved this film. If I could I would see it again. I will probably buy it when it comes out on video.
    Here in my town they only showed once but it was a full house and the end of the movie I heard great comments about it.

18. jg2k

jg2k The.One

Attached Files:

19. GemaSRK

GemaSRK Well-Known Member

SRK's 'Chak De' continues relentless box office run
    Shah Rukh Khan's 'Chak De' magic goes global.The movie continues to cast its spell, with its screenplay reaching the Academy of Motion Pictures Arts & Sciences, which hosts and hands out the Oscar Awards.

While making the movie, probably, neither Shah Rukh nor director Shimit Amin or writer Jaideep Sahni realized that they are making a landmark film. I call it landmark because with subtle sophistication, the movie ends up packing in lots of lessons.

To begin with, the film has many positives. Lessons in team building and leadership qualities make for superb management case studies. Similarly, virtues of patience (the final scene when Balbir Kaur tells her mom, "Bebe, gussa karma accha nahin hota") and putting nation above individuals ("Mujhe states ke naam na sunayie dete hai, na dhikaie dete hai, Sirf ek mulk-a-naam sunayie deta hai, I-N-D-I-A") make for lovely school text book lessons.

The film holds up the mirror to our society in many places. For instance, when Molly Zimik is not pleased to be addressed as a guest and questions, "Apne hi desh mein mehman?" - the alienation of North-East comes to the fore. Or insensitivity of North towards the varied cultures and languages of the South makes Nethra Reddy remark, "Tamil or Telegu mein utna hi fark hai jitna ki Bihari or ….". Or Our Gennext's cluelessness about places like Jharkhand reflect sharply on the current scenario and corrections to be made.

The magical power of Chak De can be gauged by the cheering and clapping in the theatres. Mr Narayan Murthy, Chief Mentor, Infosys technologies is the latest to join the Chak De fan club. After watching the movie, he comments, "I wish more and more of our leaders see 'Chak De' and learn these precious lessons".

SAWFnews

20. KKhan

KKhan Well-Known Member

really good to know thanks for sharing jaya and gemma the film is really good and deserves it im really happy thanks a lot