1. FORUM IS READ ONLY

Please read this thread!
    THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT OVER THE YEARS.
    Dismiss Notice

All Box Office news/updates about Chak De India

Discussion in 'Chak De India' started by Kalsoom_24, Aug 10, 2007.

1. jazy

jazy Member

Glad to know that Chak De is doing good business. It is really a great movie and Shahrukh's best performance in this film and hope Om Shanti Om will be better.

2. SRKfanforever

SRKfanforever Well-Known Member

It deserves 2 do veery well:)

3. semaay

semaay Senior Member

Not that I am trying to take away from the success of CDI, but I was wondering if the success of the movie has also to do with the fact that SRK gained more popularity in India thanks to the KBC show. People who did not appreciate or know him, had the chance to see what a great entertainer and most importantly what a wonderful human being he is. Of course, the success of the movie is mainly due to the great acting of SRK, to the story, the patriotic topic...just a thought!

4. Poonam

Poonam New Member

I sincerely doubt if there's any educated person in India who does not "know" SRK ! KBC has nothing to do with Chak De's success. Anyway, it had mixed success - everyone who watched it enjoyed it very much. But the format was too familiar to attract more eyeballs.

I'm the last person to undermine the importance of SRK in 'Chak De', he's the very soul of the film - on screen. But please be fair and give credit to the writer Jaideep Sahni whose brainchild this was in the first place, the director, the girls, even Rob Miller who shot the action scenes. Films like this come along once in a while, where every piece of the jigsaw puzzle fits perfectly and makes for a wonderful, memorable experience.

5. semaay

semaay Senior Member

Poonam, I agree with you. I did not try to take away any credit from the the script writer, the director, the girls etc. who must have done all a fantastic job (I haven't seen CDI yet, unfortunately) to make this movie such an unique experience.

As you have said it, it is impossible to think that there will be anyone in India who does not know SRK (I meant by not knowing in the sense of not knowing him well in my first post). What I was trying to say is that in my opinion KBC changed the perception that people had of SRK in a positive way. We read it in articles and saw it in people's reaction how surprised they were what a great human being SRK is etc. and that people who did not appreciate him, started to like him. And maybe that helped a little tiny bit for the success of CDI.

It was just a thought, and I might be wrong.

6. 1Feyenoord

1Feyenoord Member

CDI has a drop of just 35% in 2nd week!

According to trade analyst Joginder,

CDI collects 13.25 cr in its 2nd week with a drop of only 35%.
    So the total nett gross till yet is 33.50 cr (20.25 + 13.25).

I was expecting it to drop a bit lesser

7. KKhan

KKhan Well-Known Member

thanks for sharing

8. Rajshri

Rajshri Well-Known Member

Top Ten albums of the week

#3 Chak De India
    Rock steady at #3 spot, the theme track of 'Chak De India' continues to blaze on. The other tracks are catching up well too with 'Ek Hockey Doongi’ and 'Baadal Mein' fast gaining popularity. Super success of the film has helped this predominantly situational soundtrack gaining acceptance from the audience in a big way today

9. Zuhal

Zuhal Guest

That's great news Rajju. Thanks for sharing :hug:

10. KKhan

KKhan Well-Known Member

thanks for sharing really good to know keep it up chak de india

11. Rajshri

Box office analysis

Joginder Tuteja, IndiaGlitz [Friday, August 31, 2007]

First weekend performance of latest release

The way Sajid Nadiadwala had gone all out in promoting HEYY BABYY, it was quite obvious by the time Friday arrived that the film would embark on a very good opening. The film looked good not just from the gloss perspective but even the story telling point of view. All one expected was the film to be a decent outing so that it would continue to keep box office flourishing after PARTNER and CHAK DE INDIA..

From the past

If one purely looks at audience appreciation, CHAK DE INDIA is easily the biggest success of the year. Otherwise how else can one explain a fall of hardly 25% in the second week when even the first week was quite impressive at 20 crores? Raking in another 15 crores, the film's hold at the box office proves yet again that a) audience has become more receptive of different kind of cinema and b) they are giving the Raj and Rahul in Shahrukh Khan a chance to explore different mediums.

Also, it is one of those rare films which is still awaiting a single soul to say anything negative about it. Word of mouth has been positive in a huge way and this is the reason why it is fetching repeat audience. This is well reflected from 3.5 crores from Mumbai, 2.25 crores from Delhi and 1.1. crores from Delhi NCR in the second week. The film is a big hit already, has been awarded a tax free status and is now en route to be called as a superhit.

12. semaay

semaay Senior Member

:rockon:
    YESSSS! I am so thrilled for SRK and all the rest of the team who was involved in the making of this movie.

13. KKhan

KKhan Well-Known Member

thanks for sharing good news hope it keeps collecting

14. Lia

Lia Well-Known Member

Great.... Super Hit.... :thumb:

15. clochette

clochette New Member

The best for me is the unanimous positve echo!!!!

16. Rajshri

Box office analysis
    Exclusive By Joginder Tuteja, IndiaGlitz [Thursday, September 06, 2007]

With the third week of CHAK DE INDIA also holding quite strong in spite of competition from more popular cinema like HEYY BABYY, this Shimit Amin/Jaideep Sahni/Shahrukh Khan film is now a Superhit. Less than 50% in the third week has resulted in 8.5 crore more coming in to bring the total to 45 crores. This is for a movie that was stated to be offbeat/unconventional to begin with and had doubts around it's entertainment quotient! Collecting close to 1.75 crore from Mumbai, 1.2 crores from Delhi and 65 lakhs further from Delhi NCR, CHAK DE INDIA is a winner all over.

The film's anthem composed by Salim-Sulaiman is now the sports anthem across India as well as abroad, something that can be witnessed from all the victory cheers around recent cricket and hockey wins for India. Many girls from the film are also being noticed with Vidya Malvade getting a fresh lease in her career and Sagarika Ghatge getting the best of offers.

17. semaay

semaay Senior Member

Thank you Rajshri for the article! a naive question: will there be any chance this movie being a blockbluster or am i too optimist? we already knew last week that the movie is a superhit. but how much money does the movie need to make in order to be a blockbluster?

18. Lia

Lia Well-Known Member

CHAK DE INDIA is a winner all over.

Absolutely :thumb:

19. srk-nihal

srk-nihal Winning Hearts

Iam soooo happy for Chak De :) the movie is doing really well in the box office...it deserves to be more than a Super Hit.

20. Poonam

Poonam New Member

4 weeks over already, 5th week starting and the film is rock steady as ever. In Delhi, the multiplexes have cut just a couple of shows here and there. Looks like a second month is more or less assured. and there's hardly any competition with disasters like 'Aag' around. I think the other RGV new release 'Darling' will also not cause much havoc.