1. FORUM IS READ ONLY

Please read this thread!
    THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT OVER THE YEARS.
    Dismiss Notice

All articles about Shah Rukh's shoulder surgery

Discussion in 'Shah Rukh Khan Dhamaal' started by Bridget, Jan 25, 2009.

1. Bridget

Bridget Well-Known Member

This is from the Times of India today

Shah Rukh said he was so injury prone that "I know every part of my body; I have metal pieces in parts of my body. My interaction with physios began from the age of 15. I was playing soccer at Delhi's Ambedkar Stadium and had a lower back problem. An old gentleman, Dr Abbott, treated me. I think he was orthopedics guy. I don't think there were many physios then. That was the end of my professional sporting career. I would have preferred it to the one in showbiz. Now my son is into athletics and soccer and I think he will need the back-up of physiotherapy, "Shah Rukh exhorted the physios to become affordable to all sections of the society.

Shah Rukh said in India "we are used to medicine of hakims and vaids but the art was lost and the west took over. Still, invasive therapy is not the order of the day. Physiotherapy for most is only massage. I love massage though," he added smiling

Shah Rukh, back from a a shoot the US for 'My Names is Khan', is to go for shoulder arthroscopy for a tear in the supraspinatous muscle in the shoulder.

They are matching the medical opinion he got in Los Angeles with the one in Mumbai. Shah Rukh isn't so happy with pre and post-operative care in India.

Asked if he would have to be choosy about roles in view of his injury, Shah Rukh said, "Most of my films are action packed and I do the stunts myself. So I will have to be choosy. The current film has less action except for a flood scene to be shot in India. That will be put off till April."

http://ipl.timesofindia.indiatimes.com/articleshow/4031040.cms

2. Bridget

Bridget Well-Known Member

Re: Shah Rukh says he will have shoulder arthroscopy for torn muscle

I looked this up on a medical site to find out just what that is:

Shoulder arthroscopy is a type of surgery that uses a small camera (arthroscope) inserted through a small incision to examine or repair the tissues inside or around your shoulder joint.

The surgeon makes a small incision, about one-quarter inch (0.25") long, near the shoulder joint. A small camera (arthroscope) is then inserted into the joint. The camera is attached to a video monitor to allow the surgeon to see inside the joint.

Unlike knee arthroscopy, most people are asleep during the surgery. Therefore, you will be unable to watch the video monitor. A nerve block may be used to numb your shoulder and arm to help reduce pain after surgery.

A salt solution (saline) is pumped into the shoulder to expand the joint. This helps the surgeon see the joint and helps control any bleeding.

The surgeon will look around the entire joint to check the cartilage, tendons, and ligaments of the shoulder. If damaged tissues need to be repaired, the surgeon will make 1 to 3 additional small incisions to insert other instruments. These may include a blunt hook to pull on tissues, a shaver to remove damaged or unwanted tissues, and a burr to remove bone.

In addition to working on the shoulder joint, the surgeon often places the camera in the space above the rotator cuff tendons (the subacromial space). The surgeon can evaluate the area above the rotator cuff, clean out inflamed or damaged tissue, remove a bone spur, and fix a rotator cuff tear.

At the end of the surgery, the fluid is drained from the shoulder, the small incisions are closed, and a dressing is applied. Your surgeon will probably take pictures of the procedure from the video monitor to show you what was found and what was done.

http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/article/007206.htm

3. bluey[Ru]

bluey[Ru] Guest

omg..
    a surgery!?
    omg..

4. sonal

sonal SRK's D&G lover!

wow... i had a feeling that his shoulder pain was going to lead to something serious.... just like the knee, the shoulder is also a very sensitive and delicate area... i hope that all goes well for him and i wish him a speedy recovery.

5. Dea

Dea ♥SRK-Gauri♥

NO WAY NOT AGAIN :hurt: :( :( :(

6. rahulsn011

rahulsn011 Well-Known Member

I hope his surgery goes well and I hope it is done in a very good hospital in India! The surgery is much needed for him to carry on working the way he is!

7. Pompula

Pompula Shahrukh Fan-Girl

I hope his shoulder gets better soon. And that this operation goes well. :pray:

8. sanjani

sanjani Ullu-Club Member

Get well soon!!!! :hug: :kiss: :pray:

All the best!!!

9. jg2k

jg2k The.One

:(:(:(
    No - I don't like this news...

Wish him a successful and painless surgery and a speedy recovery thereafter...

10. Anjali72

Anjali72 Thanx Shah Rukh!!!

OMG..I will pray for you Shah Rukh!:pray2: Get well soon!!!:hug::kiss: I hope he won´t travel around a lot now and really take care for himself and his health!!!

11. Shabana_SRK

Shabana_SRK Dr D&G

inshallah he will get better!!

12. kahaanii2802

kahaanii2802 Pagal Naanii

I hope surgery will help and wish him ALL the BEST! One could see, that he could not move his arm properly in 'Oye it's Friday-Part 2'.

13. KKhan

KKhan Well-Known Member

inshallah he will be better very soon

14. mumbiene

mumbiene Well-Known Member

OH there is a arthroscopy needed for his shoulder?
    I hope and wish it´s not so hard and he is quickly back in order.

15. Pedi

Pedi Well-Known Member

AW: Shah Rukh says he will have shoulder arthroscopy for torn muscle

OMG - hope he get well soon :hug: :kiss: and the operation goes well :pray:

16. cmreeves

cmreeves Well-Known Member

can I just say "ouch"?

Here's info about the muscle that is reportedly injured:

Supraspinatus muscle

ACTION: abducts the humerus (lifts the arm)
    REFERRAL: lateral shoulder and arm

COMMENTS: This muscle runs under the clavicle, attaching to the top of the humerus. It pulls the arm out to the side. The supraspinatus and deltoid are the only two muscles that lift the arm to the side (the trapezius helps to stabilize and helps after 90 degrees). If strained, it can mimic subacromial bursitis. To work the muscle belly, you must work through the trapezius. This is one of the 4 rotator cuff muscles.

ROTATOR CUFF MUSCLES: (acronym SITS) Subscapularis, Infraspinatus, Teres minor, Supraspinatus

Since this muscle is the one he uses to do his signature arms outstretched pose, I hope the surgery is a complete success, the recovery is quick, and he's back in form real soon!

17. ShahRukh's Jungli Billi

ShahRukh's Jungli Billi Shahrukh's JungliBilli

aw i saw this right before i was to log off for awhile.. oh my gosh a shoulder surgery, i hope he gets better. my prayers are with you shahrukhji.. may allah give you the strength you need to face such a surgery as this, and the strength to heal properly. lots of luv to you.. oxox's

18. prilvsrk

prilvsrk ♥tere liye♥

oh man not again :(
    i hope this doesnt give him too much pain and he feels better really fast. will be praying for his good health :pray2:

19. Brooks

Brooks Member

ouch!!! reading about this I started to feel pain in my own shoulder. I wish him a speedy painless recovery.

20. Lata

Lata Active Member

.:hug: