1. FORUM IS READ ONLY

Please read this thread!
    THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT OVER THE YEARS.
    Dismiss Notice

All about Arjun Rampal in RaOne (Ra1)

Discussion in 'RaOne (Ra.1)' started by Number8, Aug 2, 2011.

1. Wafa

Wafa I want my Mom!!!

I don't even want to speculate on this topic, I'd rather be surprised. I will enjoy it more.

2. mumbiene

mumbiene Well-Known Member

Arjun Rampal's Ra.One look revealed
    By MM, 13 October, 2011
    1-1661334749.jpg
    RA.One may be titled after Arjun Rampal's character in the film, but all we get to see in the promos of the film is Shah Rukh Khan who plays G.One in the opus. At a recent event, Khan had only spoken about the main villain Rampal's looks.

He had mentioned that like G.One, RA.One too will have two different looks in the film - one of the common man and the other a superhero look. And Mumbai Mirror finally reveals the safely guarded look of Rampal. Unlike SRK's G.One, Rampal will not sport spikes but a hood to cover what is believed to be his shaved head.

Trailers: Arjun Rampal Ra.One Look Revealed in Trailer
    http://www.filmicafe.com/news_detail.php?news_id=21098

3. MeryamaSRK

MeryamaSRK DON-ish

Ok Mystery SOLVED:
    rampalarjun arjun rampal

Saw an image of myself in a paper claiming its my look, its my look in the game not the real deal. Images of real Ra 1 out in 2 days.

Wafa, MaryAnnK and DianaDimple thank this.
  4. DianaDimple

DianaDimple Well-Known Member

Arjun Rampal: "It feels great that SRK trusts me"

Arjun Rampal gets talking about playing a villain in RA.One, his equation with Shah Rukh, the F1 parties he’ll host and how he earns his bread

How does it feel to play the title role (RA.One) in a Shah Rukh Khan starrer?

Frankly, it came as a surprise to me. But Shah Rukh was clear that this is a film where the good beats the evil, and the evil has to be played by me. He was sure that he wanted only me to play the antagonist (pauses). It was a great feeling to have one of the biggest stars of the industry have so much faith in me.

Did you have to pinch yourself to believe that all of it was true?

(Laughs) Well, I know Shah Rukh since a long time. So, I could sense that he was serious. We have made the most expensive film in Bollywood till date. It’s not only my biggest assignment but Shah Rukh’s as well. Ditto for Anubhav Sinha as a director.

How was it getting into the look that SRK planned for you?

Not an easy job. I had only one-and-half months to meet the deadline. I had a slip disc after completing Rajneeti. And here I was being told that I was supposed to look like a machine. I reduced my intake of carbohydrates and started consuming lots of protein. A stage came when I had to completely cut off carbohydrates from my diet. You know what...

What?

In the crazy regimen, which I followed, my body fat level went down to 0.8 per cent, which is certainly not recommended. You need to have at least 3 per cent body fat. And then, I had to shave my head.

Even after doing so much, you weren’t a part of the publicity campaign. Do you feel left out?

That was Shah Rukh’s call. It is a strategic move.

You have been playing villainous characters - Om Shanti Om, Housefull, Rajneeti and now RA.One. Why?

Excuse me...I was not a villain in Housefull. And who wouldn’t play Mukesh Mehra in Om Shanti Om wherein I got an opportunity to display a gamut of emotions? Rajneeti too was simply a grey character. And who wouldn’t do RA.One where you have dialogues like ‘Tum log Ravan ko har saal isliye jalate ho kyunki woh kabhi nahi marta’

Apparently you’ve become very particular about your fees.

Nobody should ask anybody how he/she feeds his/her family.

You hosted IPL parties that ran into controversy. Once again, you are associated with parties in the F1 circuit.

We didn’t go wrong then. We aren’t doing anything wrong now. I am an entertainer. I am in a happy space now. I am doing Sudhir Mishra’s next and Madhur’s Heroine. Also, I shall soon be hosting a TV show. Live and let live, man.

► Who wouldn’t do RA.One where you have dialogues like ‘Tum log Ravan ko har saal isliye jalate ho kyunki woh kabhi nahi marta

http://mumbaimirror.com/article/30/2...rusts-me-.html

5. DianaDimple

DianaDimple Well-Known Member

Arjun Rampal talks about unveiling of his character 'Ra.One' [​IMG]
    By Subhash K. Jha, October 21, 2011 - 11:29 IST
    [​IMG] Arjun Rampal, who has lately been doing some very unusual characters, has stuck a rather unorthodox deal with Shah Rukh Khan. According to sources SRK has convinced Arjun to play the main antagonist in the films that he, Shah Rukh, produces.

Says a source, "It started with Om Shanti Om where Arjun played the producer who kills Deepika Padukone and SRK. Arjun was rightly hesitant about doing the negative role. But SRK persuaded Arjun to trust his judgment. Now in Ra.One again Arjun agreed to play the 'virtual' villain. And SRK has promised Arjun's character in Ra.One the kind of buildup until release that so far only the hero (ahem ahem, Shah Rukh) got in Red Chillies production."

The plan was to let Arjun's character come into the public eye gradually.

Says a source, "There was a certain amount of concern regarding Arjun's missing presence in the publicity. But Shah Rukh and Arjun had the villain's look, projection and publicity worked out in complete detail. Arjun knew his time would start after Dusshera.

Says Arjun, "That was always the strategy. To reveal my character after Dusshera when traditionally Raavan is vanquished."

Arjun says he had no trepidations about being left out of the publicity. "Shah Rukh and I have discussed how my character would be introduced to the public. I play the title role and we both knew what a challenge it was for me."

Explains Arjun, "Since I played a villain from the virtual world my character couldn't convey any emotions. I had to appear absolutely expression-less on screen. It wasn't easy."

http://www.bollywoodhungama.com/news/2011/10/21/16521/index.html

Rayhana says thanks.