1. FORUM IS READ ONLY

Please read this thread!
    THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT OVER THE YEARS.
    Dismiss Notice

All about Arjun Rampal in RaOne (Ra1)

Discussion in 'RaOne (Ra.1)' started by Number8, Aug 2, 2011.

1. Number8

Number8 Well-Known Member

The Khan is going all out to guard Arjun Rampal’s look in RA.One. He has asked all concerned to sign non-disclosure agreements

Kunal M Shah
    Wednesday, August 03, 2011 at 02:10:00 AM

The look and feel of a film, and the need to protect it from leaking into the media is growing out of proportions these days. While Karan Johar took to the trend with a vengeance for his film Agneepath, Ekta Kapoor too followed suit with Dirty Picture. And now, just months away from it’s big release, Shah Rukh Khan is going out of his way to guard Arjun Rampal’s avatar as the bare-bodied villain in his forthcoming dream film RA.One.

[​IMG]
    According to a source, “Only a couple of people are doing the post production of the film. Everyone including the editors, the poster designers, the still photographers have signed a non-disclosure agreement with SRK so that they don’t talk about Arjun anywhere.”

“They are not being allowed to carry mobile phones during the post production. When Ra.One was being shot, the production team had asked all the crew members to leave their mobile phones out of the sets so that no one could manage to get a grab of Arjun’s look,” added the source.

Arjun Rampal, who had apparently become leaner for the film has a more strong and muscular physique in the film. And unlike his own six-pack avatar in Om Shanti Om, Shah Rukh seems to be extremely guarded about Arjun’s leaner abs.

[​IMG]
    This however, is also a part of SRK’s elaborate marketing plans for the film so close to his heart. SRK’s own superhero look in the film was released two months back. “SRK is guarding Arjun’s look for a very simple reason.

He wants to generate curiousity around it. Arjun plays the title role of RA.One in the film. Reportedly, SRK will release his look just 15 days before the release date,” said the source.

Arjun Rampal, despite repeated efforts, remained unavailable for comments.

http://www.mumbaimirror.com/article/30/2011080320110803021014826ce54ab61/SRK-plays-watchman.html

2. MeryamaSRK

MeryamaSRK DON-ish

They just HAVE to take a dig somehow...Pfft!!
    ------
    Than God for those measures. ..Cause I was having enuff of the leaks from Ra.One...Really!

3. mumbiene

mumbiene Well-Known Member

Shah Rukh Khan Keeps Arjun’s Look in Ra One Under Wraps

Posted on August 04th, 2011 in
    By ShreeDevi
    Mumbai-
    Superstar Shah Rukh Khan, who is keeping no stone unturned for the success of his ambitious project Ra One has decided to keep Arjun Rampal’s look in the film under wraps.
    [​IMG]
    He has decided to unveil Arjun’s look just 15 days prior to the release of the film. To guard Arjun’s look, Shah Rukh had even advised the crew members of the film to keep their cell phones outside the set.
    King Khan has a very simple reason behind this. The reason is that he just wants to create curiosity around it. Arjun Rampal essays the role of a villain in the next coming movie.
    Buzz is in the air that the post production of the film is being looked after by few people.
    At the same time, everyone from the poster designers, still photographers to the editors have signed an agreement of non-disclosure with King Khan to prevent speaking about Arjun’s look anywhere.
    http://www.bollypatrika.com/2011/08/04/shah-rukh-khan-keeps-arjuns-look-in-ra-one-under-wraps/

4. mumbiene

Why is SRK upset with Arjun?

Source: Soumyadipta banerjee | Last Updated 09:16(06/08/11

[​IMG]

A disastrous media strategy seems to have landed actor Arjun Rampal in a soup. Sources say that actor Shah Rukh Khan is extremely upset with one of Arjun's former publicists for interfering into the movie's promotions when this agency had nothing to do with the movie. The fall-out seems to be obvious according to sources even as Arjun's look in Ra.One is said to be a 'closely guarded secret'.
    "Arjun might not be aware that one of his publicists who was working independently for him tried to create buzz about him in Ra.One, when Shah Rukh was himself looking after the promotions and marketing of the film. The strategy had started going wrong as a lot of articles about Arjun, his look and his role started appearing without any knowledge of the team that was promoting Ra.One," says a source.
    "Arjun suddenly found everyone questioning him a lot about Ra.One and he tried to answer them too. But he was never informed about the actions of his own publicist. In the bargain, the promotions of Ra.One were getting affected," the source adds saying that the publicist might not be on Arjun's payroll anymore after the chalking out the faulty strategy.
    "Shah Rukh is extremely particular about marketing, when it comes to his film. He doesn't want any silly PR person to ruin the film's prospects on his own. Moreover, this PR person didn't bother to check with the Ra.One team even once. Whatever is happening to Arjun right now is because of the doing of his own PR person," the source adds.
    Arjun also in an earlier conversation admitted that he is aware that his look and role in the film was supposed to be a closely guarded one since he is the main villain of the film. "I know that I am a surprise element in the film and I am not supposed to talk about it. We will talk about it when the time is right," he says.
    http://daily.bhaskar.com/article/ENT-why-is-srk-upset-with-arjun-2332949.html

Wafa, MaryAnnK, SRKdream and 1 other person say thanks.
  5. mumbiene

Arjun�s look a surprise element in Ra.One
    Published: Monday, Aug 8, 2011, 13:16 IST
    By Soumyadipta Banerjee | Place: Mumbai | Agency: DNA

Actors Arjun Rampal and Shah Rukh Khan seem to have agreed that Arjun’s look in their forthcoming film Ra.One will remain a closely guarded one.
    Arjun, on his part too is apparently taking great pains to guard his look in the super-hero film where he plays the main villain.
    Sources close to Shah Rukh say that the star is aware that Arjun hasn’t disclosed anything about his look or role other than what has already been conveyed by Shah Rukh himself.
    “Arjun is very much aware that he is not supposed to disclose his look for Ra.One. Shah Rukh knows that Arjun hasn’t spoken about the intricacies of the role and he has even taken great pains not to reveal his look in the movie. Shah Rukh is aware of that and he appreciates Arjun for this,” says a source close to Shah Rukh.
    Apparently, Arjun’s look will be the last one to be revealed in the film, in keeping with the traditions of the Hollywood super-hero films where the villains are generally kept as the surprise element in the film.
    “They (the cast and crew of the film) had a meeting about how the looks and the characters of the film will be revealed. Since Arjun is the main villain of the film, his look won’t be revealed at all and even if they decide to reveal his character in the film, it will be towards the end of the promotions.
    “Next in line is Kareena where the Chammak Challo song will get unveiled. Then there will be Sanjay Dutt, Priyanka Chopra, et al. A concrete decision will be taken after SRK returns from his surgery. So Arjun’s look might not be revealed at all. You must have noticed that Arjun was seen wearing a bandana and covering his hair. That was also a part of his efforts in concealing his look in the film. So, Arjun not coming in the limelight is part of a pre-decided process in the promotions. Whatever has come out about Arjun’s has not come from the actor himself,” the source clarifies.
    http://www.dnaindia.com/entertainment/report_arjuns-look-a-surprise-element-in-ra-one_1573716

MaryAnnK says thanks.
  6. MeryamaSRK

MeryamaSRK DON-ish

Have these people never heard of RESEARCH? God. Journalism is dying a painful, excruciating death...

MaryAnnK and Rayhana thank this.
  7. rollercoast

rollercoast Zindagi

"After his surgery"??? :(

So its happening after all??? :( :( :(

8. Wafa

Wafa I want my Mom!!!

surgery? I wonder about the accuracy of DNA's info or maybe its just old news.

9. frenchfan

frenchfan mornings best dealt with dark as nite coffee.

Wafa, MaryAnnK, relaxxx and 1 other person say thanks.
  10. phul

phul SRK my heart my soul

I'm agreed with you Wafa. Shah Rukh said at the Wrat up Party that he will get this Injection for the next 30 days and then thex will decide if he needs the Surgery or not. That was end of July so the 3o days will be over end of this Month. So how can DNA know about the Surgery? Btw If if it is true end of the Month Shah Ruhk will have this Show with PC in London. So he will for sure have no Surgery this Month and in October he will have all hand full to do with Promotion of Ra.One and then the Premire. If he would undergo a Surgery in October he could not attend the Premiere and I'm sure that is something he wants to do to be there when his Baby get delivered to the World. :nod: So only September is left but i can not imagine he will do it in September. The Promotions will start. And of course the Release of the Video Game. I think that he wants to be there when it will be release. It must be specialy for him to have a PS Game of the Film which is so important for him. So maybe what DNA wrote is not true. I hope and pray that Shah Rukh does not need the Surgery. :pray:

Wafa says thanks.
  11. frenchfan

frenchfan mornings best dealt with dark as nite coffee.

Anke, you don't need to think that much... As I said on post 4, DNA simply copied old news from other journos/websites. There's nothing to take seriously about a surgery for now...Relax !

phul and danshula thank this.
  12. phul

phul SRK my heart my soul

Yes i know Anne i saw your post after i wrote mine. :oops: But thank you so much for clarifying this. :)

Wafa says thanks.
  13. DianaDimple

DianaDimple Well-Known Member

Wafa - or some other mod, PLEASE change the title of this thread to "All about Arjun in Ra1"

The present title is very vague and misleading. Thanks in advance !

Wafa says thanks.
  14. mumbiene

15. Pompula

Pompula Shahrukh Fan-Girl

I think it's quite an achievement that in this time and age Arjun was actually able to keep his looks a secret. It's very unusual that nobody managed to click a pic of him to share on the internet. Kudos!

shallu. and Wafa thank this.
  16. Wafa

Wafa I want my Mom!!!

so true. It's not easy. I remember reading that RaOne team had check point :p they didn't allow any of the production crew to carry their cell phones with them during filming so they stopped any chance from anyone clicking behind the scenes. great thinking!

17. DianaDimple

DianaDimple Well-Known Member

Actor Arjun Rampal is very much a part of RA.One. However, it has been reported that the guy isn't too pleased about not being seen too much while the promos of the mega-budget RA.One have already begun.

When we caught up with the good looking actor, he was quick to rubbish all the rumours. "RA.One is a huge film. Shah Rukh knows what he is doing. Of course, there is a strategy being followed. Don't worry, I'll be known to the public pretty soon and in a manner that'll be beneficial to the movie."

Ask Rampal if he has had enough with these constant rumours of his fight with SRK, and he just laughs. "Well, as long as RA.One is getting all the publicity, it's best to sit there and not mind."

Arjun is also looking forward to hosting Lady Gaga while she comes down to perform at the Formula 1 event in India. Much excited, the actor said, "Just wait and watch!"
    http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...mpal-miffed-with-SRK/articleshow/10139703.cms

Wafa and MeryamaSRK thank this.
  18. Pompula

Pompula Shahrukh Fan-Girl

That's the right attitude... :lol:

MeryamaSRK says thanks.
  19. The_Truth

The_Truth New Member

I wonder if it due to maybe there is no special look for Arjun. Past couple interview, SRK keeps on saying he is afraid of peoples expectation of Arjun's look, He said it's not anything special.

I think Arjun will have 10 different looks in the film. SRK has said many time that they've used the same shape/face shifter technology which was used in X-Men for charechter Mystique. So i think Arjun will have many different faces in the movie.

20. MeryamaSRK

MeryamaSRK DON-ish

I am not trying to be spoiler-y here...all I am gonna say is that SRK is a damn liar when he underestimates RaOne's look, I swear! It's like EXPLOSIVE!! that all I am gonna say :D

danshula says thanks.