1. FORUM IS READ ONLY

Please read this thread!
    THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT OVER THE YEARS.
    Dismiss Notice

Aditya Chopra speaks

Discussion in 'Mohabbatein' started by Wafa, Mar 1, 2006.

1. Wafa

Wafa I want my Mom!!!

[​IMG]

My first film "Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge" was released on the 20th of October 1995. It's taken me 5 years to get to my second film. A lot has changed in these 5 years, the most significant change being the INTERNET. It now allows a director like me to interact with the people who I make films for - people like you who live all over the world but share a common bond with me - the love for INDIAN FILMS.

In the coming months I'm going to share with you my thoughts on my latest film MOHABBATEIN - So join me and lets discover together why "Some love stories live forever".
    [​IMG]

The basic story idea of MOHABBATEIN was conceived by me more than 10 yrs ago. I always thought that it would be the film that I would begin my directorial career with. But with time I realised that I needed a little more maturity as a director to really do justice to this story, so I set it aside and made Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge instead.

Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge released and I started work on DIL TO PAGAL HAI, as I had promised my father that I would write it for him. Dil To Pagal Hai released in Oct 97 and now it was time for me to begin work on my second film. But by now I was quite bored of love stories and I decided that I would definitely not make a love story.

So I started work on an idea of a thriller that I had with me for a long time, but all the while my mind kept drifting to MOHABBATEIN. I realised that there is something in that story that keeps drawing me to it, so one day I just shut my thriller file and casually picked up my 10 yr old MOHABBATEIN file - that one simple action decided my second film for me.
    The moment I finished reading my 10 yr old notes I knew that I just had to make this film - but there was one problem - it was all about love and I had promised myself that I would not make a film that would deal only with love. The original idea of MOHABBATEIN was basically about 3 love stories - a story of 3 friends who fall in love with 3 different girls in different circumstances - a film that runs as 3 parallel stories but culminate together. The basic excitement for me then as a writer and director was to try and pull off 3 love stories in one film and yet make it look like one story.

But the excitement was not enough because at the end of the day the scenes would be about boys and girls meeting, falling in love, breaking up etc - something that I had already done, something that was coming too easy to me, I wanted something more challenging.

I was not in a mood to write love scenes only, I wanted to work on something stronger, something more dramatic - something that would revolve around the confrontation of 2 strong characters - And then I got it - it had to be a story of 2 men, 2 strong and stubborn men - A man who believed in love - A man who did not believe in love - And the 3 love stories - That was the story I was waiting for - That was the film I was destined to make - That is MOHABBATEIN.

2. Charkass

Charkass King Fan

DDLJ was a legendary movie!! Mohabbatein is the same!!!
    We hope that your new film with THE KING will be better!!
    [​IMG]

3. bonita

bonita Shahrukh-My LOVE

He actually speaks :)
    so far he has made two of the best movies.....DDLJ and Mohabbatein and I feel that his third movie will also be great, I just wish that he would do some interviews on something on the movies he makes but its all good I guess

4. Ricky80

Ricky80 Member

RNBDJ will be awesome...maybe the next one SRK makes with Aditi will be an action thriller

5. Ximena

Ximena Addicted to SRK

well I have not seen DDLJ yet... but Mohabatein was a GREAT movie and if his movies are always this good. then I really don't care what he film. Romance, action or whatever. good work takes time and his work is one of the best.

6. sheruka

sheruka SRK forever

lolzz, when I see the thread title I thought, adi is talking about RBNDJ and I was like what?:eek:

adi talks to media, hahhahhaha cant be true:pound::pound:

My every hope is for RBNDJ, I AM SURE IT ROCKS

7. klouvios

klouvios New Member

SRK was great as always
    What a great teacher for young people :)

8. starstar

starstar People are not perfect (except when they smile)

Thank you for sharing, Wafa didi :)

It's a pleasure to read Aditya Chopra's words, especially knowing that he's rather a reserved person who doesn't interact with people and the media that much.

Mohabbatein is one of my all-time favourite movies - I lost count of how many times I've watched it so far.
    So, it was a delight to finally know a little bit about the motivations Aditya had before making this film and about his thoughts and ideas on it.

My best wishes for his next film, RNBDJ. I'm sure it will rock! :thumb:

9. ashis

ashis Member

can someone just post the screenplay or the dialogues of mohobatein?or even devdas.these r movies u can relive if u have the memorise these dialogues