1. FORUM IS READ ONLY

Please read this thread!
    THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT OVER THE YEARS.
    Dismiss Notice

Acting with Shah Rukh in Fan was surreal:Taher Shabbir

Discussion in 'Fan' started by tasifa, May 3, 2016.

1. tasifa

tasifa which means Blue Eyes in Thai.

Acting with Shah Rukh in Fan was surreal:Taher Shabbir
    Kavita Awaasthi, Hindustan Times, Mumbai
    Updated: May 03, 2016 20:16 IST
    [​IMG]
    Taher Shabbir’s dream has come true. He worked with Shah Rukh Khan in his last release, Fan.

Not all new actors get to make their Bollywood debuts with Shah Rukh Khan. But Taher Shabbir’s journey has been different. He started out as an assistant director (AD) — on film-maker Sudhir Mishra’s Khoya Khoya Chanda (2007), film-maker Milan Luthria’s Once Upon A Time In Mumbaai (2010), and several advertisements.

But his dream really came true last year, when he bagged a role in Shah Rukh’s most recent release, Fan, which has been directed by Maneesh Sharma.

“I thought it would be a blink and miss role,” says Taher, adding, “I did the role because of my love for SRK. Acting with him was surreal.”

However, this wasn’t the first time Taher met the Bollywood star. When he was six, he remembers SRK ruffling his hair once, when he was shooting for Ram Jaane (1995).

[​IMG]

“As an AD, I have known SRK for seven years. I met him, as a professional, when I became an AD for the first time for a commercial. Later, we did many ads together, and built a good rapport,” says Taher, who has also directed SRK in a music video. He reveals that he has also worked with Salman Khan as an AD, and that “both these actors have been quite an inspiration” to him.

Taher’s plan now is to bag a cameo in Salman’s next. “I have always wanted to work with both these stars before I started doing movies, in which I play the solo hero,” he says.

Learning on the tube

The young actor credits his stint on the TV show, Nisha Aur Uske Cousins, for his debut Bollywood performance. “It was due to the training I received on that show that I was able to stand in front of SRK. I wanted to get rid of that fear of acting in front of an established star. Television also taught me a lot about acting,” he reveals. Talking about his future plans, he says, “I have signed two films now. I should start shooting for one of them in September. I want a film-maker to explore my dark side.”

http://www.hindustantimes.com/bolly...her-shabbir/story-0oM4PGG5fhvOgbxV95M6EO.html

semsem008 says thanks.
  2. semsem008

semsem008 Well-Known Member

I was surprised that no one mentioned him before.

3. tasifa

tasifa which means Blue Eyes in Thai.

Funny thing is when I read this article, I just paused and thought When did he and Shahrukh share a scene? lol And after a while I just realized it was Gaurav! lol That's how brilliant Shahrukh's acting was. I totally forgot that it was him.

Rishima62 says thanks.
  4. Rishima62

Rishima62 Defying Gravity

Yes! I thought the same for seconds! How funny is that?

5. KKhan

KKhan Well-Known Member

im confused where was he in the film?

Rishima62 says thanks.
  6. K

K I love you Shah Rukh. Staff Member

He was Siddharth Kapoor. Don't blame you for not noticing him.:lol:

Rishima62 says thanks.
  7. KKhan

KKhan Well-Known Member

oh my god lol ... my bad - all i remember from FAN is seriously gaurav and aryan completely forgot about everyone else

Rishima62 says thanks.