1. FORUM IS READ ONLY

Please read this thread!
    THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT OVER THE YEARS.
    Dismiss Notice

AB puts SRK on the hot seat

Discussion in 'Kaun Banega Crorepati' started by mumbiene, Sep 24, 2010.

1. mumbiene

mumbiene Well-Known Member

AB puts SRK on the hot seat
    Prithwish Ganguly, TNN, Sep 25, 2010, 12.00am IST

Shah Rukh Khan has reportedly been approached by Kaun Banega Crorepati to sit on the hot seat and be quizzed by Amitabh Bachchan.

The show, which goes on air on the Big B's 68th birthday (October 11), had SRK as its host in the third edition. It was widely reported that though the edition was a success, it could not emulate the massive fan frenzy that Amitabh had managed to garner in the first two seasons. After this, the show went off air and then Big B was taken back to be the face of KBC again.

"The channel is very keen to have an episode that would have the two hosts of KBC face to face. They have approached SRK to be a celebrity contestant who will be quizzed by Amitabh. The channel knows that this is what will give them a huge buzz. SRK is undecided. He has good relations with the channel as well as the makers of the show, so it is hugely being anticipated that he might give a nod for this special episode. Everyone has their fingers crossed," says a highly placed source close to the developments of the show.

The informer adds, "Big B's recent conversation about the show with SRK on a social networking site has also garnered interest level in the industry. It was widely said that SRK and Amitabh became close friends a couple of years back thereby rubbishing rumours of their ego clashes that had made headlines for years. So, this cordial relation with Bachchan might as well be the lubricant for SRK to also say a yes to the format. It will get the channel the TRP that it cannot imagine."

Officials of the channel, on conditions of anonymity, confirmed that SRK has indeed been approached for KBC and that they are awaiting a response from him soon.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...s-SRK-on-the-hot-seat/articleshow/6619739.cms

2. Anjali72

Anjali72 Thanx Shah Rukh!!!

Thanks Marlies Dear! Would love to see this. So I hope Shah Rukh will say yes!!!:thumb::heart:

3. shublee

shublee ~ShahRukhaholic

dont care what other people have said about SRK hosting the 3rd edition
    for me it was a breath of fresh air, new, fun, exciting, entertaining and he was such a great host just like KAPPS :love:

of course i never have watched any version of this show from any country
    i watched KBC 3 becos of SRK
    i aslo watched the one episode where SRK was the guest & Ab was the host and it was so nice to watch that so if he does appear again would watch him :D

4. mumbiene

I hope it, too,
    I don`t look at the show but when Shahrukh is there that is great, the best episode and we all look that show.

5. Anjali72

Anjali72 Thanx Shah Rukh!!!

For sure we will!!!!:thumb::thumb::thumb:

6. sanjani

sanjani Ullu-Club Member

It was widely reported that though the edition was a success, it could not emulate
    the massive fan frenzy that Amitabh had managed to garner in the first two seasons.
    After this, the show went off air and then Big B was taken back to be the face of KBC again.

Well, I've never watched the show with Big B...
    I love to see him dancing and acting... but....

ShahRukh was so cute, I was hoping he would do it again...

Well... one show/hot seat - better than nothing... ;) :D

7. Rajshri

Rajshri Well-Known Member

I don't think the greater succes of the 1st two seasons had anything to do with Shah Rukh or AB. It was new in the beginning, and it's a great show so of course it got a lot of viewers. I wonder if it will be such a big hit again... If it does then I didn't say anything....:tape::p

8. danshula

danshula Well-Known Member

Not saying anything related to first two seasons of KBC or third season of KBC...:tape:...I dont know why they compare the two , they should compare the overall that it was a great project all together!..:)
    BUT I would love to see ShahRukh and Mr.AB together in one episode of KBC 4 ..:thumb:.the warm relationship they share with each other is to watch out for always!....:)..The Respect they have for each other is to respect for..... I just hope that Shah says yes to this! :pray2:

9. sonataca

sonataca SRK's Mommy

I actually watched the show when Shah Rukh hosted it then I had decided to take a look at the episode Shah Rukh was quizzed during AB. No offence, but Shah Rukh's hosting style is more fun...maybe because he's much younger than AB...sometimes I feel it is quite stupid to put AB and SRK up against each other because there is a huge difference of both experiance and age but who can explain the media.

10. danshula

danshula Well-Known Member

Agree with you Rumana.....its really unfair at time to compare AB and SRK together, there is huge difference of age and experience in them, I have seen all seasons of KBC (from childhood when 1st season came, it was like epic seeing Mr.AB onscreen, all were very happy..i remember those days)....But i like SRK's hosting much better, may be yeah cuz he is younger and gets engaged with the contestant more and has fun with them!

But yeah who can explain the media, they just....................ah!!...cant say...:tape:

11. jg2k

jg2k The.One

You stole my words Rajshri... Will be interesting to see how KBC 4 fares!

12. prilvsrk

prilvsrk ♥tere liye♥

looking at the bright side.. at least they didn't pick salman :fear:

13. donshema

donshema SRK is my Family

Pri :pound: that's very positive :nod:

I don't know why SRK episodes didn't make such success...I knew that AB hosted KBC just after knowing that SRK is the host for season 3 ....any way I am not Indian so ofcourse I didn't know it. But still I feel SRK was more humane with the contestants than AB...and I loved that.

so let's see as Rajshri said if season 4 with AB will have the same success or Not...if it does so both of us didn't say anything :tape2:

14. sonal

sonal SRK's D&G lover!

im still kinda sad that SRK is no longer the host for KBC, because i dont think anyone can attract the audience like he did, he connected with the people in the hot seats, not as a big star but as a regular guy. I really dont like AB as a host, but oh well *sigh* Itll be nice to see SRK on the show again...he was once on it...that was fun to watch

15. mumbiene

AW: AB puts SRK on the hot seat

Shahrukh Khan to Participate in KBC 4 with Amitabh Bachchan Rumor
    Posted by Bert Daniel on October 3rd, 2010

It will be quiet a scene so we get to see Amitabh Bachchan and Shahrukh Khan is sitting face to face on the hot seat of Kaun Banega Crorepati on Sony TV. Well, this news is that Shah Rukh was approached by KBC to be part of the show as the celebrity candidate. Amitabh Bachchan will be seen SRK quizzes on the show if things work properly.

The show, which is scheduled for release on 68th anniversary Big B October 11, Shahrukh was to host his three seasons of the show.

There has been much discussed, though KBC 3 was a success, it could not gather much recognition as Amitabh viewers managed to enter the season 1 and 2 KBC With both face to face in the salon owner will give a big hype for the show and channel. Shahrukh Khan did not respond to the offer.

It will be interesting to see the friendship between the two on the show. The relationship between the two was a target on and off all the rumors.

http://starcelebritygossips.com/201...icipate-in-kbc-4-with-amitabh-bachchan-rumor/