1. FORUM IS READ ONLY

Please read this thread!
    THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT OVER THE YEARS.
    Dismiss Notice

A videogame for RA.One

Discussion in 'RaOne (Ra.1)' started by sid, Mar 11, 2011.

1. sami16

sami16 a fan not a fanboy

Very confusing trailers which doesn't bode well for the makers, a guy hanging around in a black cape and black shades being chased by an SUV car (police mot likely or some organization) would most probably be a villain, then we get a red hand and then were told the villain has two names! most likely means he would have two different appearances! we need a dialogue trailer to explain wats going on soon. Caue many of guys I know are confused like hell, some still think SRK is Ra. One and Ra. One is the heroes name! So what role does Tom Wu have then? Is he some mad scientist/software engineer?

2. Debbie

Debbie Stand By Him

Exactly!!! Everyone is talking!! That's the point! Smart Marketing ;)

3. danshula

danshula Well-Known Member

Exactly! You got it, Debbie dear! :thumb:

4. Wafa

Wafa I want my Mom!!!

your point makes sense sami. I think since the movie releases in Oct, Sept might be a good time for them to reveal RaOne's character?

5. Wafa

Wafa I want my Mom!!!

this doesn't look like Arjun to me, and I'm only looking at part of his face in the first pic, I can't even see him in the other pics..

6. danshula

In first pic its Tom Wu and not Arjun, Arjun's parts are in the other 2 pics.

7. Wafa

Wafa I want my Mom!!!

which I can't see/tell of anyone there. :p

8. mumbiene

mumbiene Well-Known Member

Shahrukh Khan’s Ra.One Playstation Game’s first images surface!

Shahrukh Khan’s latest flick, Ra.One is all set to get a Sony Ps3 game, a while before the movie releases in October, this year. The superhero action flick that features plenty of stunts has plenty of cars and motorcycles that the superstar drives and rides as he goes about hammering the baddies. A Porsche Cayenne, a Ducati Monster and a custom built BatPod-like motorcycle is what Shahrukh Khan will be seen driving and riding in the movie.
    While we are to see the cars and the motorcycles that the video game will have to offer in its various stages of game play, here are a couple of images Shahrukh Khan himself tweeted, earlier in the day. The game is titled, Ra.One The Game and will be compatible with both PS2 and PS3 versions of the Sony Playstation consoles. The game will be sold on the PS3 PSN network as well as game stores across India, and the world.

bildf601.jpg
    Ra.One The Game
    While Sony and Shahrukh remain tight lipped about the game’s price, rumors suggest that the game will be priced reasonably in order to ensure that many people actually go out and buy it. This is a unique initiative of sorts as Bollywood movies aren’t usually associated with video games except for the occasional flash game to promote movies. Therefore, this game could mark the beginning of an all new trend if it becomes successful.
    bildf600.jpg

Ra.One The Game
    Another big add on that the Ra.One PS3 game will feature would be Kareena Kapoor, who is set to become India’s Angelina Jolie, as her role in the Ra.One game is said to have similarities to Angelina’s Lara Croft in the Tomb Raider video game. Now, for an acress who has less than a couple of action sequences in the Ra.One movie, isn’t being compared with Lara Croft a little too much? The hype is building up. Now, it would be interesting to see whether the Ra.One game lives up to all the buzz it has had around it.
    http://www.indiancarsbikes.in/car-v...raone-playstation-games-images-surface-46840/

Wafa, SRKdream and jg2k thank this.
  9. sami16

sami16 a fan not a fanboy

Ooooo, I like those pics, second pic is the standard in game shot, first pic is probably from a booklet or is part of a cutscene, hope they have the 2D anmated japanese manga style cutscenes, is it me or does G. One look like an X-man in the first pic? The second pic doesn't look like complete PS3 quality (more in between PS2 and PS3), I think its a job well done though, very well done in fact given that its really a first of its kind, don't think any other Bollywood film has had a tie in videogame of such magnitude. I remember Ghajini had one for the PC, but it was poorly made.

jg2k says thanks.
  10. MeryamaSRK

MeryamaSRK DON-ish

Me too, me too, and this time, I wont skip it like I do in all other PS games :p. This is really exciting!! job well done!:clap2:

11. SRKdream

SRKdream Active Member

Wafa and phul thank this.
  12. danshula

SRK Dream - I just posted them on Photo gallery thread came here to post the Shah Rukh Khan quote and saw your post as well! :)
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Shah Rukh Khan, “It has been a dream since childhood to be somehow involved in video game designing or making them as all kids dream of. So now many years down the line the dream is fulfilled! Double pleasure gaming and movies…. Ra.One on PS 2 & PS3… feeling like a kid all over. Hope everyone enjoys the game and also the movie. The game is awesome fun… G.One looks cool… so does Ra.One and Kareena in an avatar which everyone will enjoy…. too thrilled. Finally can play a game.. be a gamer and the game itself… YAY!!!”

New Photos and Stills of the Game posted here ---> http://bit.ly/nNB0nj
    Source: MissMalini's Blog http://bit.ly/r6X14X

jg2k, MeryamaSRK, Wafa and 2 others thanked this.
  13. phul

phul SRK my heart my soul

OMG :eek: I wnat to have that Game right now. :flame: I want it! I want it! I want it! :baby: :baby:

14. phul

Ra.One Game on September 11th!

By Stacey Yount
    Posted on August 11th, 2011 in Movies, News, Slider

Produced by Red Chillies Entertainment, Ra.One, directed by Anubhav Sinha and starring Shah Rukh Khan, Arjun Rampal and Kareena Kapoor is one of the films that fans are eagerly awaiting to hit cinemas this year. It is a superhero tale that includes out of the world special effects and action sequences and is apparently one of the most expensive films made in Hindi cinema. As we reported first, part of the really cool promotions and tie-ins for the upcoming superhero film Ra.One, is the development of a Sony Playstation Game for both PS2 and PS3. Developed by Trine, this is a first for an Indian film and from what we hear the game is fab! According to Bottomline Media, “We are very excited about the Sony Playstation-Ra.One Game association. For the first time ever in India you see The SRK on the Playsation game.” So, when can you get your hands on a copy? September 11th!

Based on an idea by Shah Rukh Khan, it features voiceovers by SRK, Arjun Rampal and Kareena Kapoor. The game’s adventure is a prequel to the film: you get to meet the characters, learn their super powers and get immersed in the world of Ra.One, before the film even releases in October. So you can play as SRK’s G.One, Arjun Rampal Ra.One and Shah Rukh told us exclusively earlier there is even a good and a bad Kareena character!
    Shah Rukh Khan is very excited about this game, “It has been a dream since childhood to be somehow involved in videogame designing or making them as all kids dream of. So now many years down the line the dream is fulfilled!”
    Adding, “Double pleasure gaming and movies….Ra.One on PS 2 & PS3…feeling like a kid all over. Hope everyone enjoys the game and also the movie. The game is awesome fun…G.One looks cool…so does Ra.One and Kareena in an avatar which everyone will enjoy….too thrilled. Finally can play a game…be a gamer and the game itself…YAY!!!”
    We say YAY too and that we can’t wait to play the game to hold us over until we can see the film when it releases on October 26th.
    We have some exclusive screenshots of the game! Check out how cool and how good SRK looks in the virtual world too!
    http://bollyspice.com/26359/ra-one-game-on-september-11th

I do not post the screenshots cause it are the same which we have already. God if that date is true? I hope it. :flame:

Wafa, jg2k, Angel_SRK and 1 other person say thanks.
  15. danshula

As I am in contacts with the People of Ra.One Marketting, I know this info is WRONG (they told me to tell everyone that Bollyspice info is wrong) and I just got DM from them on Ra.OneFanClub, Game Does NOT release on September 11th. I have tweeted on RaOneFanClub as well. Its supposed to be September , 2011

Edit:
    Tanaaz's tweet - RT @TANAAZB: The game will release before the film in septem 2011 , not sept 11th!

SRKdream, Wafa, MaryAnnK and 4 others thanked this.
  16. phul

Thank you Anshula. Well ok but it will be in September. So Bollyspice has mixed up it. Instead September 2011 they have have think September 11th. I do not know why but i had the feeling that the date is wrong. September 11th would be a bad date to release the Game. Not on this day.

17. mumbiene

mumbiene Well-Known Member

"It has been a dream to be somehow involved in videogame designing" - SRK [​IMG]

By Bollywood Hungama News Network, August 12, 2011 - 12:16 IST
    srk3.jpg

Ra.One continues to surprise the Indian audience with new innovations on a continued basis. Red Chillies Entertainment has declared a tie-up with Sony Computer Entertainment Europe (SCEE) to build a full cycle game on PlayStation platform. The video game version of the movie will be called Ra. One - The Game and will be available on PS2 and PS3 (through PSN download).

This is a newer direction for Bollywood to create a win-win strategy of both promoting the film as well as create a brand extension strategy for Ra.One. The film, with its superhero touches, is appropriate to seamlessly use the PlayStation platform and connect with the Indian youth.

Speaking on the game, Shah Rukh Khan said, "It has been a dream since childhood to be somehow involved in videogame designing or making them as all kids dream of. So now many years down the line the dream is fulfilled! Double pleasure gaming and movies....Ra.One on PS 2 & PS3...feeling like a kid all over. Hope everyone enjoys the game and also the movie. The game is awesome fun...G.One looks cool...so does Ra.One and Kareena in an avatar which everyone will enjoy....too thrilled. Finally can play a game...be a gamer and the game itself...YAY!!!"
    srk4.jpg

Red Chillies Entertainment recognizes the importance of the gaming route to connect with the Indian audience and has been involved in the pre-production stage. To maintain closeness of the game storyline with that of the film, it has been actually written by Red Chillies team and Shah Rukh Khan in particular.

Ra.One- The Game will be published by SCEE and will be released in Sep'11 before the film release. SCEE is committed to a certain high decibel launch of the game and will establish creatively the key characters of the film through the game itself. This is an innovative business model of almost using the game launch (in addition to the music launch) to create a high level of excitement and expectation for Ra.One as the film.

Closeness of the characters, the powers and key characteristics can well be understood from the sneak preview of the characterization of SRK as G.One in the film and in the game. Following the tie-up declaration by SCEE, this is the first look at the game character of Shah Rukh Khan with a comparison against the film characterization.

Elaborateness of a PlayStation game has been a key decision factor behind Red Chillies Entertainment looking at the tie-up. Ra.One- The Game has seen a development cycle of about a year and will be a very welcome contrast to the low budget, transactional mini games that appear on the internet or the mobile platforms to promote various films.
    http://www.bollywoodhungama.com/features/2011/08/12/7813/index.html

SRKdream, jg2k, MeryamaSRK and 3 others thanked this.
  18. phul

Sony PlayStation Ups Focus On India

August 12, 2011 | Anand Rai

Sony PlayStation (PS) already has the lion’s share (80 per cent) in the Indian game console market, but the company has set its sights even higher. This is because the video game penetration in the country is very small (2 per cent) compared to other countries like the UK where it is more than 60 per cent.
    Also due to the high prices of the console and the game titles, the reach has been limited to a niche audience. Sony plans to rectify this by providing the masses with relevant and localised content with which they can identify themselves.
    For the same, Sony has already partnered with local game development studios to publish 10 games with Indian content like Desi Adda and Street Cricket. They also partnered with ACK Media to bring Cart Kings (a cart racing game) which had Tinkle comic characters like Suppandi and Shikari Shambu.
    Earlier, in an interview with TechCIrcle.in, Atindriya Bose, Country manager-India, Sony PS had mentioned about the company’s plans of working closely with Bollywood and now they have done so. The company has partnered with Ra.One (Shahrukh Khan’s to be released sci-fi movie) to develop a game called ‘Ra.One- The Game’ which will be released in September 2011.
    The game will be made available on both PS2 (DVD based game) and PS3 (as a digital download from PSN) and will be priced at Rs.499 for the PS2 version while the PS3 game title cost is not yet available. The game will be launched in India, Europe, West Asia and Australia around the same time the movie is released.
    The development and promotion of the game has cost over $1 million (around Rs.4.5 crore) and the game will be promoted heavily in the country by the Sony and Shahrukh himself.
    But this is not the first time a game on a Bollywood movie has been made. Earlier, a PC game on the popular Bollywood movie Ghajini (Aamir Khan) was also released. And if we talk about Hollywood, it already has a trend of launching console and PC games in co-ordination with their movie releases. So if the new game on Ra.One becomes popular among the audiences, it could pave way for future alliances.
    The total installed base of PS2 and PSP owners is around 6,50,000 and 2,35,000 respectively and the company is selling their gaming consoles in almost 35 cities in India. But according to Bose, the biggest hurdle that hinders the console sales is the running cost.
    “There is something called running cost, other than the investment cost. Unfortunately, the PlayStation has both. On PS2, we had been successful when we created a replication plant in India which allowed us to bring down the pricing from Rs 1500 to Rs 500. As the PS3 market grows, we are already in talks with the same replicating plant (which is a part of the Sony family) in evaluating a Blu-ray replicating line. Then, we can be a lot more confident about giving a running cost to customers that should break open this market.”
    http://techcircle.vccircle.com/500/sony-playstation-focusing-on-india/

SRKdream says thanks.
  19. MeryamaSRK

MeryamaSRK DON-ish

Ra.One Shows Off Some Gameplay and Cutscene Screenshots

India-based developer Trine Games has been working on a PlayStation 3 exclusive that you might not be aware of. A video game adaptation of the Ra.One superhero film is in development by the studio, and it’ll be published by none other than Sony. A few screenshots have emerged from the game, and they show off both the animated cutscenes and gameplay.
    The first Ra.One game screenshots are viewable below:
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    The upcoming Ra.One film is perfect for a video game adaptation as it includes superheroes, gaming, and sci-fi flair. The game will feature voiceovers from the same actors and actresses who appear in the movie, and it will be a prequel to the events that appear in the movie. Also, the game will feature half a dozen unique characters, and 20 levels that will make an appearance in the film. Since the movie is a big deal in India, this could be a big move by Sony to bring the Indian audience to the PlayStation platform.
    The film releases on October 26th, but this video game prequel will release before that in September exclusively for the PS3.

http://playstationlifestyle.net/2011/08/12/ra-one-shows-off-some-gameplay-and-cutscene-screenshots/

SRKdream and Number8 thank this.
  20. sonataca

sonataca SRK's Mommy

So no USA? :(