1. FORUM IS READ ONLY

Please read this thread!
    THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT OVER THE YEARS.
    Dismiss Notice

A remake of Yes Boss??

Discussion in 'Yes Boss' started by Sajid, May 2, 2008.

1. Sajid

Sajid New Member

[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]Madhavan, fondly called by his fans as Maddy, is back to doing a light-hearted romantic comedy. [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]Though the actor has had the guts to explore and has a number of family, action and drama movies to his credit, comedies have always been his forte. [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]His large legion of female fans love to see him don the role of the lovable boy-next-door. After that serious film Evano Oruvan, he is now all set to start work on his next film, which is a remake of [FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]Shah [/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]Rukh [/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]Khan's[/FONT][/FONT] hit Yes Boss. The original had Juhi Chawla playing the role of ShahRukh Khan’s lady love.

The Tamil version will be directed by Selva and will have Mamta Mohandas as the heroine. The movie will be a fun-filled romantic masala entertainer. This untitled film will be produced by KRG and will have Jayaram in a pivotal role which Aditya Pancholi did in the original.

The sexy Mamta Mohandas is a busy heroine in Tollywood. She plays the role of a [FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]top model[/FONT][/FONT] and this will be her second film in Tamil.

Madhavan who has knocked off about 8 kg looks dashing in a new crew cut.He is all set to play the happy-go-lucky guy who wants to please his married boss who falls in love with a [FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]young [/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]model[/FONT][/FONT]

Says Maddy, "I figured that losing weight is going to be a part of my life. No more father roles in the near future and so I plan to look trim from now."

Madhavan is a vegetarian and has been actively promoting vegetarianism for quite some time. The actor is also known for the support he has been extending to various social organisations, especially those working for the prevention of cruelty to animals. If the film succeeds at the box office, it will be a big boost to the actor, whose last film did not do well at the box office.
    [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/..._be_a_romantic_comedy/articleshow/3001754.cms[/FONT]

2. mayoub

mayoub Well-Known Member

3. K

K I love you Shah Rukh. Staff Member

Well, that's a compliment to Shah Rukh.:)

A lot of Hindi films are also remakes of South Indian films, and if they do it well, why not.

Thanks Sajid.:)

4. JUG

JUG Well-Known Member

I totally agree Kalee, imitation of any sort is a kind of flattery!

And Madhavan you better be good!! :heh:

5. K

K I love you Shah Rukh. Staff Member

Lol, seriously! The worst thing would be a remake in which he butcher's Shah Rukh's role...izzat rakhna Maddy!:p (Keep his respect.)

6. KKhan

KKhan Well-Known Member

wish them all the best

7. lovearagorn

lovearagorn Ullu-Club-Member

all the best, but SRK n Juhi were unique

8. sonal

sonal SRK's D&G lover!

true imitation would be flattery but srk and juhi, the magic they had in that film, i dont think its that easy to create. i mean im a big fan of this jodi and the way they work together and the sort of relationship they have, isnt something lots of people share...regardless though i wish them all the best :)

9. starstar

starstar People are not perfect (except when they smile)

Being a Tamil girl, this news comes as a very exciting information to me. I hope this news is true, and I'll be looking forward to seeing this Tamil remake. It will be interesting to see it...
    Even if I already know that this Tamil version won't match up to the original one.

As Sonal said above, there's something special in "Yes Boss" which I doubt can be recreated in any remake.
    "Yes Boss" is one of my favourite movies, and I know that one of most important reasons behind it is the Juhi-Shahrukh on-screen chemistry in this film. I don't know how to explain it properly. It's a kind of magic, something beyond words which made them look amazingly cute and adorable as a couple in the film.

This Tamil remake of "Yes Boss" will be, as many of you said, a mere imitation. Which means that the original magic can't be recreated.

But, I'll be interested in seeing this remake eventhough. Maddy, let's see what you'll be capable of :D