1. FORUM IS READ ONLY

Please read this thread!
    THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT OVER THE YEARS.
    Dismiss Notice

A "new" Asoka?!!!

Discussion in 'Asoka' started by Meghna04, Mar 22, 2006.

1. Meghna04

Meghna04 ChakDe SRK!

I just found this article... I'm really confused :confused:
    I know this has nothing 'directly' to do with Shah Rukh, but it is maybe interesting to know...if not please delete this article....Thanks!

Sushmita to play Ashoka's wife

Subhash K Jha | March 20, 2006 19:35 IST

Sushmita Sen has repeatedly confessed wanting to be part of a historical project. It has never happened, until now.

If all goes well, she will play Emperor Ashoka's fifth wife in a film on the Mauryan emperor that Pinjar director Dr Chandraprakash Diwedi is about to make.

Diwedi has been working on the project round-the-clock. "I met Sushmita for Ashoka and not Jhansi Ki Rani, as was reported by a section of the press," he says. "And she is extremely excited about it."

Two years ago, Sushmita had been offered an item song in Santosh Sivan's Asoka, but she refused. 'If I do a historical, I want to be an integral part of it,' she had argued.

Ashoka may star a major Hollywood actor."

2. Chicken

Chicken ♥ ♥

:confused: :confused: :confused: That's really confusing, Nicole. I really wonder what it's all about ???:confused2:
    Very suspicious indeed !!! :spider:
    All I can say is that we definitely don't need and don't want a "new" Asoka/Ashoka (???), especially not with some "Hollywood" actor :drama: , oh excuse me, with some "major Hollywood" actor, that's very scary :fear: !!!
    The mere thought of this is so absurd and ridiculous.:crazy:
    I do hope it's just rumours and I really don't wanna see it happen.- Nahin, nahin, nahin, kabhi nahin !!! :nono:
    Santosh Shivan's "Asoka" is absolutely one of my favourite movies, it's so beautiful.:love:
    And we all know there's only one true "Asoka" and that's, of course Shah Rukhji, and no one else !!!

3. Meghna04

Meghna04 ChakDe SRK!

Yeah Gai you are right!

But if they want to make a movie with the name 'Asoka' then it must be not a 'cheap remake' of the original one.

And for me are Santosh Sivan and Shah Rukh the pioneers!!! They will ever be!!!

Does anyone know the work of Chandraprakash Diwedi? Is he good?

4. Evy

Evy Well-Known Member

I totally agree with you, GAI.

no major Hollywood actor as ASHOKA. Or can you imagine maybe Brad Pitt or Tom Cruise as Ashoka ? A western actor for an indian legend ???:crazy:
    :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono:

5. TARA

TARA "K3T"-Member

I cant imagine a Hollywood actor as Asoka........it dont fits I think.

6. Chicken

Chicken ♥ ♥

:puke: Tom Cruise or Brad Pitt :scared: :scared: :scared: ??? Yuck, that's like scraping the barrel !!!
    That makes me hope and pray even harder that it won't happen, please !!! :pray:

7. sonal

sonal SRK's D&G lover!

ew i mean what are they thinking?

8. Meghna04

Meghna04 ChakDe SRK!

so far as I can say... They don't think!!!! :crazy: :D

9. Pakiza

Pakiza New Member

ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!

10. Rajshri

Rajshri Well-Known Member

Awh well... This Asoka won't be as sexy as our Asoka :eyebrows:

11. Souby

Souby New Member

Of-course not!!!;)

12. josh

josh Member

Asoka with SHAHRUKH was more a legend,or?The new Ashoka could be more shoot toward facts I think.And if they do so the only hollywood actor I can introduce for this role is Russell Crowe.In my mind his acting in Gladiator was brilliant.:thumb:

13. lamya

lamya Well-Known Member

They can remake another Asoka, with a "major" hollywood actor, we had our Asoka with none other than the king of hearts and the major "bollywood" actor and we're sure their attempt won't be as gorgeusly done as the one we already had...

14. Wafa

Wafa I want my Mom!!!

kiya?? :scared: where did you read this article? is this a new or old article? :confused:

15. Meghna04

Meghna04 ChakDe SRK!

16. Evy

Evy Well-Known Member

Ashoka may star a major Hollywood actor."
    [/B][/QUOTE]

Just an idea. Maybe they want to ask Keanu Reeves to play this character. Because once he made a film named "Little Buddha" in which he played the indian prince Siddharta, who became Buddha.

Russell Crowe ?? I don´t think so. Sure, he was well acting in "Gladiator". But this was typical western.

But for me only Shah Rukh Khan was Mr. Right as Asoka.:first:

17. yume

yume New Member

18. layla-val

layla-val Active Member

No no no no no no no :mad: There is only one Asoka, and only ever will be SHAHRUKH! If Hollywood do it they will MURDER it:mad:

19. Cristina4him

Cristina4him Inspector number 8

I hope that Hollywood does not poison or corrupt such a good film. Shahrukh is the only Asoka. Oh dear God I hope they leave it alone! We should import films from India as is. They are so much better than the stuff being pushed on us here!:fear:
    But, hey come on give me a little break.. Brad Pitt and Eric Bana were awsome in Troy!

20. yume

yume New Member

I really do not understand what Hollywood has to do with this........ I read and I read the articles and they only say the name of the director and Gere.... nothing else.... no mention of Hollywood unless we think that Gere IS "Hollywood"....... oh please let it not be so

"....After the powerful paean to the Partition of India , Dr Chandraprakash Diwedi who shot to everlasting fame as the maker of India-first televised bio-pic Chanakya, is all set to launch Prithviraj-Sanjukta as his second feature film.

Another project swimming in the director's vision is Ashoka featuring in all probability Richard Gere. Diwedi has reservations about Santosh Sivan's version of Ashoka. "I feel he was not so much interested in recreating Ashoka's life as going into specific areas of the Emperor's personality. Santosh's film wasn't chronologically correct either.....

I really don't see anywhere that it was Gere's idea... more like is was the idea of an indian director..... and I don't even care about Gere, but this comments are confusing to me

I can see it in may head Gere going to India and demanding to be Asoka, whom he might not even have the foggiest idea who is he

I truly don't get it, besides if it were to be one, which I doubt it, I thught it would have been about the later part of Asoka's life...... and I think Shah Rukh is still far too young to play a senior citizen....... no Gere, sorry not an indian, is getting there in years

Well, I said my piece
    Prefer SRk play young ones, while he still can :)