1. FORUM IS READ ONLY

Please read this thread!
    THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT OVER THE YEARS.
    Dismiss Notice

"A Nation In Solidarity Against Terror" at India Gate on Sunday for solidarity

Discussion in 'Shah Rukh Khan Dhamaal' started by mumbiene, Nov 28, 2009.

1. Shabana_SRK

Shabana_SRK Dr D&G

islamic extremist allegedly from pakistan went on a shooting rampage killing 20+ people...im not to sure what there point was in doing that...only one of the shooters, Kasab survived and he is in custody now...

2. donshema

donshema SRK is my Family

Pakistan ? :eek: why?

That's totally unbelievable......terrorists only give their countries and religion a very bad reputation......but it's true that Terrorism has no religion.....because killing people is forbidden in allllllllllllllllll religions.

I wish this stops forever.....:heart::heart:

3. Shabana_SRK

Shabana_SRK Dr D&G

yep and they are giving pakistan and india and reason to fight...not that they need one..they are always fighting and this is causing more tension in the world and for the image of islam....

inshallah all this madness ends..i just wish people would stop killing one another...its so wrong..just to think about the horrible things people have face at the hands of terrorists...:Cry:

4. SWEET

SWEET ♥Panorama♥

i misssss it alive and i am going to see it later but the way i read the speach he said make me blive more in him and how he is great human frist and than the rest come along
    i love shahrukh khan and everyday my recpact go stronger :heart:

5. donshema

donshema SRK is my Family

yeah you are right.....actually it's Us Muslims all over the world who suffer from their deeds as people also think that all Muslims are terrorists......but actually every one who causes others to lose their lives or even feel scared should be called a terrorist whether he is a Muslim or NOT because as I said Terrorism has no Religion.....

I saw SRK speech now and I was touched by it....actually I noticed that his face is tense and he looks sad about it......I feel sad about people like SRK who are good hearted people but they have to suffer from the consequences of others' stupid mistakes......just like what happened to him in USA airport.

God Save every innocent person on EARTH.......:heart::heart::heart:

6. Shabana_SRK

Shabana_SRK Dr D&G

yep we are the ones who suffer the most..the discimination against muslims is ridiculous and shahrukh's words reflected on that animosity towards muslims is so wrong and unfair...its a form of terrorism as well....

7. bonita

bonita Shahrukh-My LOVE

Shahrukh words are so true. What a man. I am glad the he came out to talk about this.:nod:

8. Rajshri

Rajshri Well-Known Member

His speech left me speechless yaar...:heart: He was so intense. Everything he said came from the heart. His speech had love, anger, sadness, fear... Everything :heart:

9. srkgauri

srkgauri Well-Known Member

Re : "A Nation In Solidarity Against Terror" at India Gate on Sunday for solidarity

what a speech!!! as usual he knows what to say and how to say it , he is the best and i like when he is serious

10. rothna

rothna Active Member

I loved his speech it was really touching and you can tell how important this was to him.Shahrukh has a heart of gold and I hope other people will follow in his example.

11. Bridget

Bridget Well-Known Member

A show of solidarity in Delhi
    TNN 1 December 2009, 12:00am IST
    Times of India

At a commemorative event for 26/11 on Sunday evening, Dilliwallahs had a rendezvous with not just Shah Rukh Khan, but other heavyweights like P
    Chidambaram, Sheila Dikshit, Rahul Gandhi and Javed Akhtar.

[​IMG]

Organised by the ministry of home affairs, the event was held to mark 29/11, the day when the Mumbai siege had ended. The symbolism of the towering India Gate in the backdrop was in perfect harmony with the sombre mood of the evening.

From Gateway of India: It was an event that paid homage to the victims and heroes of 26/11 and other terrorist attacks in the country. Through the do, titled Nation in Solidarity Against Terror, the ministry of home affairs wanted to articulate the message of being one against terror and salute those who braved the travesties. A bevy of celebrities from Bollywood, sports and music took to the stage to convey the message.

At India Gate: Despite security concerns and the presence of some political heavyweights, the event began only half an hour late. But enclosures at the India Gate lawns could barely keep the crowd that had collected almost an hour before the show began, at bay. India Gate was chosen as the venue for the commemorative event because terrorism is not just restricted to any particular city and impacts the entire nation.

Star power: Directed by filmmaker Feroz Abbas Khan (of Gandhi, My Father fame), the event was a mix of inspiring words and messages given through patriotic numbers. While Vishnu Zhende, the CST railway station announcer requested the crowd to observe a minute-long silence in memory of those who were lost to terror, lyricist Javed Akhtar passionately recited a nazm he had composed on 26/11 this year. The crowd was visibly moved when singer Shilpa Rao crooned Vaishnav Jan Toh and Shreya Ghoshal to Ekla Chalo, the poem penned by Rabindranath Tagore. In fact, even Delhi chief minister Shiela Dikshit was seen lip-syncing to the lyrics of Ekla Chalo.

Olympic gold medalist Abhinav Bindra spoke about the nation’s efforts in keeping terrorism at bay, while tennis ace Sania Mirza recited Rabindranath Tagore’s poem Where The Mind Is Without Fear.

But when Shah Rukh Khan came on the stage, after the initial roar of welcome, there was a collective silence – the one that comes when you pay attention to what someone else is saying. The crowd listened to SRK in rapt attention as he spoke about being a proud Indian.

Music therapy: The compere for the evening, Nandita Das, said that music has the power to heal all wounds, giving way to a scintillating jugalbandi performance by violinist L Subramaniam and son Ambi Subramaniam. They were later joined by Subramaniam senior’s wife, Kavita Krishnamurthy and Shankar Mahadevan, and they all performed to Raghupati Raghav Raja Ram.

Congress scion Rahul Gandhi, on the other hand, made for a quiet presence at the do. While politicians, guests from Bollywood and senior Congress politicos were seated in the front row as is customary, Rahul was seated in the third row, away from public glare. In fact, during the entire event hour long event, the camera panned on him only once. It was whispered that he did not want any attention at the do and had requested the same be respected by all officials present there.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...f-solidarity-in-Delhi/articleshow/5284527.cms

12. Ella

Ella Haan farishtey hote hain ♥

AW: Re: "A Nation In Solidarity Against Terror" at India Gate on Sunday for solidarity

i was speechless too :heart::heart:

13. Mannat

Mannat SHAHRUKH's wifey ;)

:hurt:
    What a speech! Left me Speechless!

14. Shabana_SRK

Shabana_SRK Dr D&G

he left us all speechlesss....the power of his words are so immense!

15. bonita

bonita Shahrukh-My LOVE

absolutely:thumb:

16. mumbiene

mumbiene Well-Known Member

Shah Rukh Khan speaks for the first time about the Mumbai tragedy

By Bollywood Hungama News Network, December 2, 2008 - 18:25 IST

Click to hear the full interview
    Shah Rukh Khan has spoken for the first time about his thoughts on the Mumbai atrocities. Speaking exclusively to Raj and Pablo for this Saturday's (6 December) 'Love Bollywood' Show on BBC Asian Network, Shah Rukh speaks openly about why he hasn't talked about the attacks till now as well as his views on what the younger generation of Muslims should be concentrating on.

Shah Rukh said "I've tried to keep away from commenting on this as there are no words to express a situation like this because our feelings are mixed with anger, disbelief and sadness."

In light of the horrific attacks, Shah Rukh went on to give his thoughts on religion and the younger Muslim generation. "Being Muslim myself, I believe youngsters need to understand Islam and respect the religion in the right way. It's such a huge waste and my appeal to all in these times and in recent years is that please can we run what we want in terms of politics, government, jobs and teaching our children with the prime motive of taking communalism out of it. I think no agenda should be attached to any kind of religion."

Shah Rukh spoke passionately about his views on what he feels should be the only religion the nations' children should follow - 'work'; he goes on to say, "The religion our children are born with should be something they practice as a discipline and work should be developed as the new religion."

http://www.bollywoodhungama.com/news/2008/12/02/12262/index.html

17. prilvsrk

prilvsrk ♥tere liye♥

they sooo need to upload this interview!! like RIGHT NOW!!! :madgrin::madgrin:

18. Ladyinred

Ladyinred Well-Known Member

19. prilvsrk

prilvsrk ♥tere liye♥

oh :redface:
    i figured the words "first time" were weird! :eek:

20. mumbiene

mumbiene Well-Known Member

oh Gosia, you are right, I haven``t seen this date.