1. FORUM IS READ ONLY

Please read this thread!
    THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT OVER THE YEARS.
    Dismiss Notice

"A Nation In Solidarity Against Terror" at India Gate on Sunday for solidarity

Discussion in 'Shah Rukh Khan Dhamaal' started by mumbiene, Nov 28, 2009.

1. Ella

Ella Haan farishtey hote hain ♥

AW: "A Nation In Solidarity Against Terror" at India Gate on Sunday for solidarity

i was watching at the right time ....and saw his speach ...

God...he looks sooooooooooo gooooooooooooooood :love: :heart:

thanks Pri for the link :hug: :kiss:

2. darina4srk

darina4srk SRKManiac

His speech was very good! :D And now he keeps shaking his head, following the tune with a serious face. :heart::heart::heart:

3. Shabana_SRK

Shabana_SRK Dr D&G

thanks for the link pri! :madgrin:

4. mumbiene

mumbiene Well-Known Member

Shah Rukh Khan calls for solidarity against terrorism

Updated on Sunday, November 29, 2009, 18:59 IST Spicezee Bureau

New Delhi: The capital on Sunday evening saw a salutation to India and its integrity in the form of ‘A Nation In Solidarity Against Terror’. Seen hobnobbing were representatives of all walks of life including Bollywood that was significantly represented by Shah Rukh Khan.

Related StoriesShah Rukh Khan all set to build stadium in Dubai
    Organised under the aegis of the Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA), a 60-minute event entitled at India Gate hosted by actress/director Nandita Das saw SRK speak his heart out with a somber mood on being an Indian, then Muslim and most importantly being ‘one’.

The actor started by saying how proud he was about his nationality. “I am very proud to be an India. My freedom fighter dad like every dad gave me the teaching of ‘Mazhab nahi sikhata aapas mein bair rakhna…’. But what is sad now is that these important teachings of childhood have now become dim, for, the devils of every religion have made their own religion called ‘terrorism’ and this religion only loves death. The choice in front of us is to either destroy or perish. We have to destroy this terror or else there will be only annihilation. I don’t want to die, I want to live and I am sure you don’t want to die too. So, the only idea is to believe in God by whatever name we address him. I pray to Allah that we be happy, our lives be good and we stay together", said SRK.

The event was intended to express the nation`s solidarity against terror. The date was symbolic, since it was the final day when the siege in Mumbai ended last year.

Various artists, sportspersons and representatives of civil society from across the country came together to share the message of solidarity, courage and resolve to stand up against terrorist violence.

Other prominent persons who participated in the event included Javed Akhtar, Dr L Subramaniam, Kavita Krishnamurthy, Shankar Mahadevan, Shreya Ghoshal, Shilpa Rao, Shekhar Gupta, Abhinav Bindra, Sania Mirza and Feroz Abbas Khan.

The event was managed by Wizcraft International Entertainment.

The sole message conveyed by the event was: "Terror has no religion. Our solidarity, courage and resoluteness are the answer to the threat of terror."

http://spicezee.zeenews.com/articles/story47647.htm

5. Shabana_SRK

Shabana_SRK Dr D&G

he is so right...what youngsters are being taught now..its tyranny...we should promote goodness and union not hate and division..well said shahrukh!:thumb:

6. prilvsrk

prilvsrk ♥tere liye♥

i just loved loved his message soo much.. about love, tolerance in religion the need for unity during these horrible times. thank you shah for preaching peace to the world.. we need more voices like yours. :hail::pray2:

7. Shabana_SRK

Shabana_SRK Dr D&G

i totally agree pri!

8. darina4srk

darina4srk SRKManiac

That's our Shah Rukh. :D:heart: One of the reasons why I love him damn much. :hug: :kiss:

9. shublee

shublee ~ShahRukhaholic

that part of his speech was so heartfelt and so beautiful, would love to hear the full one :target::heart:

10. darina4srk

darina4srk SRKManiac

Terrorism has no religion: Shah Rukh

November 29th, 2009 - 9:37 pm ICT by IANS

New Delhi, Nov 29 (IANS) “There is no religion of terrorism,” said Bollywood superstar Shah Rukh Khan here Sunday evening at a public event a year after the Mumbai terror attacks.

“Indian civilisation does not distinguish in terms of religion. We are an impossible achievement in the world and I’m very proud to be an Indian,” he added, speaking at public event held at the sprawling lawns of the India Gate to show the nation’s solidarity against terrorism.

“No one can have two viewpoints about terrorism. There is no religion of terrorism. I am often asked my viewpoint on this, maybe because I am a Muslim and I am very proud to be a Muslim,” said Shah Rukh.

“But I have read the Quran, listened to the Gita, acted in Ram Leela… and learnt Christianity besides being a Muslim… My friends and I have worked on a film on Buddha (’Asoka’) and my wife is a Punjabi,” the super star stressed.

Shah Rukh joined a number of celebrities, eminent personalities from the worlds of arts and literature, and political leaders and school children to mark “A Nation In Solidarity Against Terror” event organised under the aegis of the ministry of home affairs (MHA).

Also present at the event were Home Minister P. Chidambaram, Delhi Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit, lyricist Javed Akhtar, journalist Shekhar Gupta, shooter Abhinav Bindra and tennis player Sania Mirza to name a few.

Singers Shreya Ghosal, Kavita Krishnamurthy, Shankar Mahadevan and violinist Dr. L. Subramaniam also performed at the event.

With a message “Terror has no religion. Our solidarity, courage and resoluteness are the answer to the threat of terror”, it was hosted by actress-activist Nandita Das and directed by one-film old Feroz Abbas Khan.

Produced and managed by Wizcraft International Entertainment, the event was held a year after the final day when the siege in Mumbai last year ended (Nov 29, 2008).

It was supported by organisations including ONGC, Airtel, SAIL, State Bank of India, Apollo Tyres, Mahindra, Amity University, Reliance Industries, Reliance ADAG, GAIL, Aircel and Jet Airways.

http://www.thaindian.com/newsportal/entertainment/terrorism-has-no-religion-shah-rukh_100281820.html

11. Shabana_SRK

Shabana_SRK Dr D&G

if more people would listen to the message he is trying to convey alot of issues would be solved...religion does not accept terrorism ...and all good people want peace...

12. starstuff

starstuff Well-Known Member

Shah Rukh was magnificent this morning in the way he spoke with such force and directness and his message of love and unity. I was filled with pride as I watched him address the crowd and as Shabana said, I can only pray that people will truly listen to his words, take them to heart and act on them to bring forth a world that is determined to say NO to violence, death and destruction and create a world that is based on tolerance, compassion, peace and love.

13. Shabana_SRK

Shabana_SRK Dr D&G

totally with you chris!

14. Pompula

Pompula Shahrukh Fan-Girl

15. Pompula

16. Pompula

The way he spoke and what he said... He's so intense, you can just see and feel he truly believes every word he speaks. It's not something he is just saying for the audience and for the cameras, he truly speaks from his heart and soul.

And the way he speaks about the goodness in all religions. Understanding that is the way that the people of all religions can finally get along and join to build this one world we have into a better place...

17. Shabana_SRK

Shabana_SRK Dr D&G

i loved the passion in his words..they made them more real and believable!

18. prilvsrk

prilvsrk ♥tere liye♥

i just love love loooove listening to him.. his passion, his love for the country, his views on religion.. i could just listen to him talk ALL day long!! :eek::eek:

his words really echo the same feelings that a lot people have.. im glad that he said them out loud so emphatically emphasizing need for peace and tolerance from everyone.. and a united front against terrorism.:grouphug:

19. Shabana_SRK

Shabana_SRK Dr D&G

:kiss::hug:

20. donshema

donshema SRK is my Family

I'm sorry to ask this.....but what the attacks were about exactly?....I mean what happened because I don't know.