1. FORUM IS READ ONLY

Please read this thread!
    THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT OVER THE YEARS.
    Dismiss Notice

"A Nation In Solidarity Against Terror" at India Gate on Sunday for solidarity

Discussion in 'Shah Rukh Khan Dhamaal' started by mumbiene, Nov 28, 2009.

1. mumbiene

mumbiene Well-Known Member

"A Nation In Solidarity Against Terror" at India Gate on Sunday for solidarity
    Saturday 28th November, 2009

New Delhi, Nov. 28: Under the aegis of the Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA), a 60-minute event entitled, "A Nation In Solidarity Against Terror" is being organized in the national capital's India Gate on Sunday (Nov.29).

The date is symbolic, since it was the final day when the siege in Mumbai last year ended.

The event will be held at 5 p.m. tomorrow and is intended to express the nation's solidarity against terror.

Mumbai terror attacks were meant to weaken the resolve of the country and challenge its capacity to remain a peaceful and democratic nation.

Various artists, sportspersons and representatives of civil society from across the country are coming together at the India Gate to share the message of solidarity, courage and resolve to stand up against terrorist violence.

Prominent persons participating in the event include Bollywood's Shah Rukh Khan, Nandita Das, Javed Akhtar, Dr. L. Subramaniam, Kavita Krishnamurthy, Shankar Mahadevan, Shreya Ghoshal, Shilpa Rao, Shekhar Gupta, Abhinav Bindra, Sania Mirza and Feroz Abbas Khan. The event is being produced and managed by Wizcraft International Entertainment.

The event carries the message: "Terror has no religion. Our solidarity, courage and resoluteness are the answer to the threat of terror."

The event is free for the public and news television channels will broadcast it live in a symbolic gesture of solidarity.

http://feeds.bignewsnetwork.com/?sid=571000

2. prilvsrk

prilvsrk ♥tere liye♥

oh.. this is amazing.. can't wait for the program to air.. i love it when they all come together from different fields to show unity in diversity.

3. Shabana_SRK

Shabana_SRK Dr D&G

cant wait to see this!

4. Ella

Ella Haan farishtey hote hain ♥

AW: "A Nation In Solidarity Against Terror" at India Gate on Sunday for solidarity

this is so great... to set a sign.. :nod: :thumb:

5. shublee

shublee ~ShahRukhaholic

cant wait to see it :D

6. bonita

bonita Shahrukh-My LOVE

I can't wait to see this too.

7. Bridget

Bridget Well-Known Member

SRK, Sania to attend anti-terror event
    TNN 29 November 2009, 01:57am IST
    Times of India

NEW DELHI: Shah Rukh Khan, Nandita Das, Javed Akhtar, Shreya Ghoshal, Abhinav Bindra and Sania Mirza are among prominent personalities who will
    gather at the historic India Gate here on Sunday to express the nation's solidarity against terror with a message: "Terror has no religion. Our solidarity, courage and resoluteness are the answer to the threat of terror."

The 60-minute programme -- A Nation In Solidarity Against Terror -- is being organised under the aegis of the home ministry with a view to sending a strong message that India has the capacity, courage and confidence to overcome the threat.

"India has at regular intervals been the target of terror attacks sponsored by external terrorist organisations. The terror attacks were meant to weaken the resolve of the country and challenge its capacity to remain a peaceful and democratic nation," an official statement issued by the ministry said.

It said that November 29 is symbolic, since it was the day when the terrorist siege in Mumbai ended last year.

"Artists, sportspersons and representatives of civil society from across the country are coming together at India Gate to share the message of solidarity, courage and resolve to stand up against terrorist violence," the statement said.

Among the other prominent persons participating in the event are violin player L Subramaniam, singers Kavita Krishnamurthy and Shilpa Rao, and musician Shankar Mahadevan.

The event is being supported by several private and public sector organizations.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...end-anti-terror-event/articleshow/5280119.cms

8. Rajshri

Rajshri Well-Known Member

WOW... Though I'm not surprised Shah Rukh is going to be there :heart:, I'm a little bit surprised he's the only big star in Bollywood who's attending... Shouldn't more stars encourage this?

9. bonita

bonita Shahrukh-My LOVE

people do thing when they really care. Yes, people tend to be busy but this is a very important issue so why not spare a few hours?

10. darina4srk

darina4srk SRKManiac

I hope NDTV will air this live. :pray: 'Cause I'll be ready in front of my laptop by 5 pm sharp. :D
    But yea, it's weird that only few high-profile are in this. :rolleyes: Like Rajshri said, more stars should be roped in to encourage this.

11. sonataca

sonataca SRK's Mommy

I like it and am happy Shahrukh will be attending.

12. prilvsrk

prilvsrk ♥tere liye♥

13. darina4srk

darina4srk SRKManiac

14. prilvsrk

prilvsrk ♥tere liye♥

yeh.. maybe.. :noidea:
    i really wish he makes it to this.. it would be amazing to see him support this message :nod:

15. prilvsrk

prilvsrk ♥tere liye♥

oh oh... i just saw gauri's dad and her friend shivani!!

16. darina4srk

darina4srk SRKManiac

That means he's there!!! :target:
    Unfortunately I couldn't recall Shivani's and Gauri's dad's face. :p

17. darina4srk

darina4srk SRKManiac

Shreya is so pretty. And I love her voice. :D Perhaps after this is Shah's speech.

18. darina4srk

darina4srk SRKManiac

Shah is SOOOOOOOOOOOOO HANDSOME!!!!!!

19. darina4srk

darina4srk SRKManiac

They keep focusing on him!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :target: :target:

20. darina4srk

darina4srk SRKManiac

Both violinist are very good! :D