1. FORUM IS READ ONLY

Please read this thread!
    THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT OVER THE YEARS.
    Dismiss Notice

A little Story...

Discussion in 'Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge' started by Meghna04, Mar 1, 2006.

1. Meghna04

Meghna04 ChakDe SRK!

Maybe you know it or not, but Shah Rukh Khan didn't want to do DDLJ!

Here the story:

Shah Rukh had more knotty problems with this project.
    Aditya wanted Shah Rukh because until then he hadn't played a romantic hero. His most successful films had featured him as an anti-hero. Shah Rukh and Kajol had been established as a successful screen pair with 'Baazigar', but the film was a thriller.
    During the making of 'Darr', Aditya had talked to Shah Rukh about making a film called 'Auzaar'. Shah Rukh assumed that a film with this name would be a "macho, cool dude" kind of movie.
    Instead Aditya had narrated a love story.
    Shah Rukh thought that romances were "pansy" :D , effete. He wasn't interested in singing songs in pretty locations and then eloping with the girl, as was the Bollywood norm. Besides, the other two Khan heros - Aamir and Salman - were playing the lover boy roles with gret success, and Shah Rukh was happy to be regarded as a 'hatke' (different) actor.
    Over three weeks and several meetings, Aditya tried to convince the reculant star.
    In their fourth meeting, Aditya told Shah Rukh that he was indeed a Star, but he would never achieve superstar status unless he was every woman's dream man and every mother's dream son.
    DDLJ could make him that. As Shah Rukh dithered, Aditya thought of alternatives - perhaps Saif Ali Khan, would fit the bill.
    But one day, at Mehboob studios, outside the sets of 'Karan~Arjun', Shah Rukh finally agreed to do Aditya's film!

After the great success of DDLJ Shah Rukh Khan believes that DDLJ's 'magic' cannot be analysed.
    On a poster of DDLJ that hangs in Aditya's office, Shah Rukh has scribbled:

Dear Adi,
    More than half my career ago, you gave me a dream to cherish all my life.
    My kids will see it, my grand children will love it and I'm sure even in heaven they are playing our film - so my parents would have seen it too.
    Thanx for taking me to them and making me the star I'm today.

Lots of love and come let's make some more dreams together.

God bless,
    Shah Rukh

----------------------------
    source: DDLJ-book by Anupama Chopra

2. Evy

Evy Well-Known Member

On a poster of DDLJ that hangs in Aditya's office, Shah Rukh has scribbled:[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/B]

Dear Adi,
    More than half my career ago, you gave me a dream to cherish all my life.
    My kids will see it, my grand children will love it and I'm sure even in heaven they are playing our film - so my parents would have seen it too.
    Thanx for taking me to them and making me the star I'm today.

Lots of love and come let's make some more dreams together.

God bless,
    Shah Rukh

----------------------------

Thanks for sharing this article Nicole.

Iam happy that Shah Rukh Khan had agree to do this great movie. Good for him and his career that he finally used this chance and very good for us too. :thumb: But I love him for all kind of role he had done in the past and he will do in the future.

And the words he wrote on the poster showes that this is our Shah Rukh for what we love him alot.:heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

3. TARA

TARA "K3T"-Member

Thanks for sharing Meghna, I heard about it before, but did not know about what he wrote on the poster...its such a nice statement of Shahrukh.

:) :heart: :) :heart:

4. roui

roui New Member

thx 4 sharing megna