A Gift to SRK from PlanetSRK - April 2013

Discussion in 'Shah Rukh Khan Connection' started by Areams, Mar 3, 2013.

1. Areams

Areams Photographer, Filmmaker, and SRK Fan

Hi all!

I'm still looking for messages to include with SRK's gift. If any of you are interested please PM me your note and it will be included. I know I made this gift out of my pocket, but I really do want it to be from PlanetSRK and will make a point of telling him it is from all of us. So, please don't be shy and sent me a few words to give him. I'm sure he will love it more when it comes from all of us.
    I'm now putting together a a booklet (I bind books too just so you know :)) of all the messages from PlanetSRK to accompany our gym bag gift. I'd like include images as well, so if you have a personal image that you would like to include I would love to include it. I'll include a picture of myself with my note, but it can be anything that can represent you. Let me know. Thanks much!

MaryAnnK, rubyroo and TessaRose thank this.

Dear guest,

PlanetSRK is one of the largest ShahRukh Khan communities in the world.
    Please support us by registering for free!
    Just click the signup button at the top!

Thanks,

PlanetSRK Staff

3. TessaRose

TessaRose Obsession

A book is a very good idea ! :clap2: Including a pic too ! And thanks for reminding this, I had forgotten (even though I was the one who wanted to do it lol :p ).
    I'm gonna write mine now, please, can you tell me if I made mistakes when I send it to you since English is not my mother tongue ? :)

4. TessaRose

TessaRose Obsession

And with the messages and pics, that would be fun to add the flag of our country next to the message, don't you think? :D

5. Areams

I'm glad you like the idea of a book. I have it planned out pretty well. Photos and any other images will be printed on a double sided paper and the text on vellum (which is a semi-transparent paper) It'll look awesome for sure. I wish you could see it in the end, as you did start the idea. I look forward to getting your note. Thanks much!

TessaRose says thanks.
  6. Areams

Good idea. I'll need a quite a few pics. I'll put some of the images from the bag lining and the flag of each country is a great idea too.

7. TessaRose

TessaRose Obsession

Message sent to you :)

8. Areams

Got it! Thank you!

9. rubyroo

rubyroo Art student. Inspired by him.

I sent you a PM and thanks so much for the opportunity to tell him what he means to me.

10. MaryAnnK

MaryAnnK Well-Known Member

Allison, might I be so bold as to ask you start a new thread to let everyone know about what you have done and your need for messages from everyone. I am afraid it will be lost so far down in this thread. You could link the photo to show what you have created too! Let's make this spectacular!!!

Messages are something that everyone here can contribute for his gift! I love the idea and will get my message to you too!

rubyroo says thanks.
  11. Areams

Hi everyone,

Some of you may have been following the conversation on the thread "SRK's birthday 2013" but if you haven't here is a bit of what has been said and done... Over the past month or so I worked with some of the other members to create a gift for Shahrukh Khan. I collected images of SRK's life from a few members and had them printed on fabric. With that fabric I sewed up a extremely personalized gym bag for him...seen below. I am now working towards getting the gift to him and to accompany the bag I am including a booklet with messages from members of PlanetSRK to SRK. They can be anything, from general comments to birthday wishes. If anyone reading this thread wishes to be included type me up a shortish message and I'll include it in the booklet. You can also include a photo of yourself to be but with your message. Some people are doing that, I know I am. So let's make this a gift SRK will never forget! Thanks much!

3.jpg 4.jpg 5.jpg 6.jpg

*For those who have kept up with the "SRK's birthday 2013" thread please feel free to mention anything that I may have overlooked.

niloofari, StellaM, Suz and 6 others thanked this.
  12. Areams

I made the new thread but I think i put it in the wrong place....I always do this I feel. It's under Member Masala section. Not sure how to fix that. Hopefully members will find it.

MaryAnnK says thanks.
  13. rubyroo

Please note a very cool thing about this bag: the outside fabric has his name and initials printed in a pattern on it. It's quite awesome!

intan zarina says thanks.
  14. Baree

Baree Shah Rukh Khan forever

Great idea Areams. Also I agree with MaryAnn. We should start a brand new thead titled-Areams personalized gift to Shahrukh, add ur messages'' you should put the pic of the awesome bag you made plus members can also share their msgs if they want.

Just saw that ou already done it. :)))

15. Baree

Baree Shah Rukh Khan forever

Great going Areams. Will send my Message soon. Also how abt adding a picture of his parents and sister. Also I feel we should share the cost. my opinion. so do let me know if you are ok with it

rubyroo says thanks.
  16. Areams

Thank you! I look forward to your message. Some other members have mentioned splitting the cost for this project and I'll tell you approximately what I told them. This was an expensive project, the price accumulated to about $100. Now I knew this was going to be the case, projects like this are never cheap and I was happy to do this. If anyone wants to contribute to covering the cost of the bag we can work something out. I will of course not accept anything until the gift is safely in SRK's hands. Thanks again and hope to hear from you soon.

MaryAnnK says thanks.
  17. Areams

I was asked how long you all have to submit messages. I would like to have the messages no later than 3 weeks from today...so that would be by the end of Monday, March 25th. If by some miracle I get a meeting with him before then, I will send out an urgent final call for messages. Thanks to all those participating. He's going to love this gift I know it.

18. rubyroo

I'm positive he will. I'm excited and I want to help with the cost too.

19. Areams

Hi everyone! I have received a good number of messages form PlanetSRK members. So far the booklet is 36 pages strong, but don't think it's finished please feel free to send more messages if your haven't already. We all deserve to have our voices heard by SRK. I've attached a few "work in progress" images here. They're not the best images I've posted, so let me know if you have any questions.

1.jpg 2.jpg 4.jpg 3.jpg
    * the text is not really that blurry. I blurred it to protect the privacy of the writer.

niloofari, yummy, rubyroo and 3 others thanked this.
  20. Kalee

Kalee I love you Shah Rukh. Staff Member

Thank you so much for all your hard work (it looks beautiful!!:heart:) and the opportunity Allie!!:) I would like to contribute a note as well as financially. You might want to start making a list of contributors on this page (aside from those who may want to remain anonymous), just so you don't miss anyone.:)

21. Areams

Thanks Kalee. I'm glad you like the work. My hope is that I will get to this to him in person, but if need be I'll mail it to him. It's funny that I can't stop working on this. It makes me so happy to do this project that time escapes me. I've been working on this booklet for 12 hours straight. Please do contribute a note, it would be such an important note not just to SRK but to me too, as you were my first friend on PlanetSRK. I'll work on figuring out the financial situation. A daunting task as math is not a strength of mine at all. Thanks again.