1. FORUM IS READ ONLY

Please read this thread!
    THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT OVER THE YEARS.
    Dismiss Notice

A different view point - Asoka

Discussion in 'Asoka' started by meredd31, Aug 18, 2008.

1. meredd31

meredd31 New Member

2. bonita

bonita Shahrukh-My LOVE

I simply loveeeeee asoka!!!

3. luxia

luxia I'm demented...

:pound:

"Research does not support the film's implication that the Mauryan empire's main industry was the manufacture of styling products."

"[...] and then brutally conquers most of south Asia, because he's in a really bad mood."

"Asoka is trying to cure his blackened heart with spa treatments, and spends most of the rest of the film getting in and out of hot tubs while flexing his pecs."

LOL! I loved the biting comments!

As for the movie's historical accuracy (or inaccuracy as the writer states) - who cares? It's a movie not a documentary, it's entertaining and made me pick up a history book...so I'd say it's a positive outcome.

4. rollercoast

rollercoast Zindagi

OMG!!! What a hilarious article!!
    I adore this movie, but to look at it with the cold, hard light of realism - yes, the comments could be seen as valid.
    What the writer doesn't take into account is the fact that this genre is often about fantasy and entertainment so references like 'immaculately gelled quiff, suspiciously similar to the look popularised by Shahrukh Khan in 2001' are understandable! If people just don't 'get' the song and dance routines in the middle of a scene, they are obviously not able to really get under the skin of Hindi cinema. But boy, is this writer funny in the way he puts it!

Still, he doesn't say he didn't enjoy it and he gives it a thumbs up for not distorting the historical facts (too much). :D

5. Shabana_SRK

Shabana_SRK Dr D&G

i like the point of view of his bare chest :eyebrows: