1. FORUM IS READ ONLY

Please read this thread!
    THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT OVER THE YEARS.
    Dismiss Notice

A Birthday Gift for SRK

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Areams, Nov 23, 2012.

1. Areams

Areams Photographer, Filmmaker, and SRK Fan

I sent this image to SRK for his recent birthday. It's a composite photograph I put together using images of red chili pepper cells. I took the images using a microscope and some fancy photo equipment. Red Chillies Entertainment was my inspiration, hence using red chillies as my content. I'd like to continue this line of work, so any feedback would be appreciated.

~Allie Reams

India_for_Shahrukh_Khan_2.jpg

Wafa, Pompula, Ella and 4 others thanked this.
  2. K

K I love you Shah Rukh. Staff Member

It's absolutely beautiful Allie!! This must be one of the most creative pieces of artwork I've ever seen. I would never even think of such an amazing idea of actually taking red chillie cells from a microscope and producing an image!! I am truly inspired by your talent!!:heart:

If you haven't already, you should definitely tweet this to Shah Rukh.:)

3. Areams

Thanks Kalee. I'm glad you approve. I tried to tweet it to him. But I'm not sure if it made it. I've never really used my twitter account before now. I would really like to know what he thinks though. I made it specially for him. lol. I'll tell you I had to wear surgical gloves when preparing the smear slides for this piece. Those peppers are lethal, especially later when taking out contact lenses.

4. K

K I love you Shah Rukh. Staff Member

You're most welcome.:hug: As long as you tweeted it to @iamsrk, it should have reached him. Though he does get an insane amount of tweets, so you might want to tweet it once more just to be sure.:)

OMG, I can imagine, I've touched my eyes after touching peppers and started screaming and cussing like ain't nobody's business!!:lol::p

MaryAnnK says thanks.
  5. Areams

I'll try again maybe in a month. I don't want to crowd him.

Lol, pepper in the eyes is the worst. I used dried chili peppers, so I had to hydrate them then I had to strip any of the pepper flesh off, because I only used the skin for the image. Thank god for latex gloves or I would still have pepper on my hands.

MaryAnnK says thanks.
  6. prilvsrk

prilvsrk ♥tere liye♥

woooww!! this is amazing! so much hard work and so creative.. take a bow! :clap2:

7. Areams

Thank you. This stemmed off my senior thesis. I made 6 more images like this, but none of them are as dear to me. I hope SRK sees it one day.

MaryAnnK says thanks.
  8. Areams

I might try and tweet this to SRK again in a week or so. Does anyone know any other reliable ways to get this to him. I've never wanted critique on my work more. I guess it is because of how much he means to me. For those who've read my post on the member's news thread you know what I mean. Anyways, I could really use the advice so let me know what you think, know, feel, etc.

9. Wafa

Wafa I want my Mom!!!

that's beautiful Allie :)

10. Areams

Thank you! I'm trying to think on how to expand the idea. I'll have plenty of time for that on December 21. Day after graduation! Woo Who! :)

11. rollercoast

rollercoast Zindagi

Sensational Allie!!! :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:
    Its beautiful to look at and the meaning behind it makes it magic!

I am always looking to include something srk-related in my crafty hobbies, but this just leaves me for dead!
    I would never have thought of the approach you've taken. Its awesome!!! :hail:

When you tweeted it to Him did you manage to explain what it is? what makes it so special?
    And did you actually ask for a response? I hate to say it but the "ppllllleeeeaassseee respond/reply/retweet " tweets do seem to get replies. (not that I'm suggesting you should whine at him. :lol:)

12. Areams

Thanks for the kind words. :) As I said in an earlier post this piece stems off my senior thesis and I want to continue it. I might do movie posters next. I'm really shy about bugging people about things. I tweeted it to him and emailed it to his fan email at red chilies, but no answer. What I would really love is to give him a print in person, lol, but that won't happen.

13. Areams

but hey...a girl can dream.

14. Areams

An opportunity to share my photo had arisen. Maybe not with SRK but with some of the world. I'll be appearing on Voices of America in a TV interview telling my story to the world. I'll bring a print of my image to the interview. Who knows maybe he'll see it that way.

15. Debbie

Debbie Stand By Him

Make sure you let us know when it will air, what channel is this program on?

16. Areams

I'll keep you guys posted. I'm waiting for the conformation email that it will actually happen. Lots of hoops to jump through.

17. Qasim555

Qasim555 New Member

Thanks for nice sharing . I like your post. well done