1. FORUM IS READ ONLY

Please read this thread!
    THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT OVER THE YEARS.
    Dismiss Notice

2 States - Breaking News - DNA India(After Hrs)

Discussion in '2 States (Two States)' started by chandu28, Jan 3, 2011.

1. shublee

shublee ~ShahRukhaholic

really need to scratch my chin and think on that one [​IMG]
    ok maybe its a small scale but complicated love story :p

2. Pompula

Pompula Shahrukh Fan-Girl

My friend who promised to loan me the book just changed jobs this week, so she was too busy to meet. So I'm still eagerly waiting to read the book to start imagining how will Shahrukh be in the story. And how would the film be..

But what I have heard of the story it does sound like a nice love story, na?

3. KKhan

KKhan Well-Known Member

i really hope the movie takes off would be great 2011 don 2 ra 1 2012 2 states and yash raj romance fkick would be great inshallah

4. rollercoast

rollercoast Zindagi

I guess by small scale no-one is leaping off buildings or blowing up buses, living in mansions or jetting around the world.

5. shublee

shublee ~ShahRukhaholic

nah just jetting around india & once to dubai for holiday or something :lol:
    its complicated becos of the father-son rivalry & of course the 2 different cultures & getting the 2 different sets of parents to agree and the things they have to do

if you have time you can download & read the book in pdf format & get an understanding of the storyline
    i posted the link in some other thread

6. shublee

shublee ~ShahRukhaholic

i hope for the same :pray2:
    now that he feels his injury is better & he feels fit & healthy i hope we can get the 2 films per year which he said he always aims for

in the past 2 years the only high-light for bollywood was MNIK
    like SRK said @ last years star screen bollywood without him is dull, slow & boring

7. rollercoast

rollercoast Zindagi

Thanks for the link to the book Shublee.
    Its great to immerse yourself in his projects in every way possible! :D

8. rollercoast

rollercoast Zindagi

But the question is 'watchable for who'?

Surely we don't want every project washed down to the level of 'family viewing'?
    Should they take the violence out of Don?
    Should they take references to terrorism and the murder of Sam out of MNIK?
    Should they take the issue of sex, and consequently the hotel scene, out of KANK? (OMG no! :eek: Not the hotel scene!!!)

Every film has its own style and its own audience.
    If this or any other movie sizzles a bit and makes it unsuitable for children.... well I say "bring it on!!!!!". :D

9. Rayhana

Rayhana Well-Known Member

Though I do agree I think it has to depend on Shahrukh's comfort, and we all know how he feels about kissing and such on screen I think more so because he said that he keeps in mind that his children will be watching. I think that hotel scene was kind of an exception because it was for Kjo I really don't think he would have done that for another director so I don't know but I am really curious to know how they handle it all.Besides things aren't graphic even in the book.

10. Chamz

Chamz Well-Known Member

compared to all the other love making scenes in Bollywood movies u can't even call this one a love making scene....if u watched it carefully Karan gave more importance to their emotions rather than showing their bodies....

11. sheruka

sheruka SRK forever

I agree, Vishal put lot of streamy scenes in his movies.

I don't like SRK to do that kind of scenes, specially the kind I see in Vishal's movies.But love make scenes are ok, KANK scene is totally watchable. I believe they will fit SEX SCENES as the way it suits for family audience.

12. shublee

shublee ~ShahRukhaholic

yeah i agree
    KANK love scene was ok but anything more than that is going to be too much

13. Chamz

Chamz Well-Known Member

Are u kidding? 4-5 scenes:eek:.....they lived together for 2 years.....for me the book talks more about sex than about love:tape:

i'm still reading it i'll comment on it after i finished reading it:)

14. shublee

shublee ~ShahRukhaholic

if you're reading it you'll see for yourself :lol:

i agree with you, its more about the sex than about love :rolleyes: thats the only bit i hated most
    some of the scenes didnt even require them, its like the author just wanted to add it in for the sake of it
    so i hope they wont add them becos its not needed really

15. Chamz

Chamz Well-Known Member

what i actually meant was there are more than 10-20 scenes... especially because they lived together for 2 years...
    what shocked me most is the book is said to be inspired from the real story of the author and his wife Anusha who are from Delhi and Tamil Nadu, respectively.
    when i'm reading the book Chetan's face always come to my mind:scared::scared::scared: which makes it even worse....
    He has dedicated the book to his-in-laws.....i don't know whether this is 100% their true story but if yes:tape2::tape2: i really don't know what to say...i hope their parents won't read it :eek:

16. shublee

shublee ~ShahRukhaholic

so theres actually 4 times the amount then i said :lol:
    that is way too much
    & obviously if they show them all then the whole film will just be them having sex and nothing else :rofl:

anyway this film is going to be an adaptation, meaning a lot of the things will be changed/different to fit it into a movie
    thank God :D

and i didnt know this was chetans actual love story
    if it said in the book i must have skipped that part :p

my sis didnt want to read the book, she just told me to rate it & she'd have an idea & i said 6/10 :lol:
    the story as a whole is just ok. and im sure the film will be even better becos of the SRK factor :D

which is why i wanted to give up reading the book after the first chapter but then i just decided to stick to it and read it all

17. Wafa

Wafa I want my Mom!!!

thank god the rumor was just that. I'm also glad they will use a fresh face, specially after Don2 I think I'd want to see someone else other than Priyanka.
    I'm so happy this is a romantic film, can't wait.

18. Pompula

Pompula Shahrukh Fan-Girl

Guys, I can't wait to read the book and once I do, I would love to discuss it here and to speculate about how it will turn in to a film with SRK in it.. But I kind of don't want to spoil the book for myself, but at the same time I would like to follow the news about the film.. So could we maybe open here a separate thread about the book, where everyone can comment on it and speculate, but it can be avoided by those who want to avoid spoilers?

Because as I said, once I've read the book, for sure I will want to discuss it a lot, but now I would like to avoid...

:) :) :)

19. Chamz

Chamz Well-Known Member

Good Idea :thumb:
    sorry for spoiling :)

can someone open a new thread and move our comments

20. jg2k

jg2k The.One

Update on "2 States" from an interview with Vishal Bhardwaj... He says that he hasn't decided on the film yet. He's looking into two other novels as well (by Ruskin Bond and Shakespeare) and things will only be finalized after the release of "7 Khoon Maaf"...
    I sincerely pray that Shah Rukh's next happens with Vishal...

<From 4:55 mins> http://www.bollywoodhungama.com/bro...DnPChR70/3/7-Khoon-Maaf-Press-Conference.html