1. FORUM IS READ ONLY

Please read this thread!
    THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT OVER THE YEARS.
    Dismiss Notice

2 States - Breaking News - DNA India(After Hrs)

Discussion in '2 States (Two States)' started by chandu28, Jan 3, 2011.

1. chandu28

chandu28 Well-Known Member

http://epaper.dnaindia.com/epapermain.aspx. DNA Bangalore Edition in After Hours. If this is true it is really sad..........................

FILM BRAKE

The much-awaited teaming up of actor Shah Rukh Khan with film-maker Vishal Bhardwaj apparently reaches a dead-end; the film might get shelved!

Soumyadipta Banerjee

Filmwallahs in Bollywood called it a classic case of passing the buck, when it comes to the latest development around the big screen adaptation of Chetan Bhagat's novel 2 States. The film, which created a buzz right from its announcement as it had actor Shah Rukh Khan and film-maker Vishal Bhardwaj teaming up together for the first time, has apparently come to a halt even before anything concrete could take off around it.

"After the rights were bought over from the writer (Chetan), the initial crew finalised for it was Sajid Nadiadwala as the producer, Siddharth Anand as a director, and actors Priyanka Chopra and Saif Ali Khan in the lead roles. Things changed thereafter," says a source.

Saif Ali Khan and Siddharth Anand were replaced in the film. The new director Vishal Bhardwaj flew to Berlin to meet Shah Rukh and Priyanka Chopra for the film.

"Both were confirmed for the project. When Vishal started the process to take the film to the floors, there was a change in it again. This time, Shah Rukh wanted a fresh face instead of Priyanka," reveals the source.
    "We don't know the details but Shah Rukh apparently wanted a fresh face. Though this may not be the case, but Priyanka was eventually replaced," adds the source.

Now, it is learned that apparently Shah Rukh has developed cold feet about the project. "Shah Rukh is keen to make a film with Vishal, but the project has got delayed. He (Shah Rukh) is too busy with Ra.One and doesn't have time to devote to any other movie right now. The project as of now is not taking off with Shah Rukh," the source ends.
    s_banerjee@dnaindia.net

2. JUG

JUG Well-Known Member

3. shallu.

shallu. Well-Known Member

The media immediately delves into details on a project still in discussion. I'm sure other projects and opportunities will come for Shahrukh and Vishal. :)

shallu.

4. JUG

JUG Well-Known Member

THIS can't be true :scared:

5. JUG

JUG Well-Known Member

i will not believe it.. i WONT

6. JUG

JUG Well-Known Member

Shahrukh please please do something and make this venture happen

7. JUG

JUG Well-Known Member

8. JUG

JUG Well-Known Member

9. Pompula

Pompula Shahrukh Fan-Girl

Well of course he is busy with Ra.One!! I'm sure everyone has been aware of this the whole time and have taken it in to account... I don't know if this is true or not, but since they have no source, no facts, nothing but speculation, I wouldn't worry too much yet... Seems like they base this only on the fact that SRK is still doing Ra1 and hasn't started shooting for this yet.. For all we know, the preproduction is happening as we speak.

Of course it's possible that the project gets cancelled, but let's not forget that it has been confirmed by Shahrukh himself. So until I hear from him that he's not doing it, this is just speculation to me... :rolleyes:

10. sonataca

sonataca SRK's Mommy

I thought this film was to start in July so why talk about it now? There's still 6 months to July and in six months, Shah Rukh has to finish the post production of Ra.One, Don 2 shooting, Zor Ka Zhatka shooting, I am sure a couple of ads too AND award functions. Oh and not to forget, IPL, he's supposed to fly down to Kolkata to discuss things before next week's auction. And then the whole tournament itself in April I think. And I am sure there is a lot more which we are not even aware of yet.

And pray that he has to leave Don 2 shooting next month for OSCAR AWARDS!!! :pray2:

11. Rayhana

Rayhana Well-Known Member

I doubt this is true,I mean I don't think Shahrukh would have confirmed it, if he wasn't sure about it and if it is being shelved then its definately not from his end (as the article claims)which will really piss me off because 3 cancelled films is enough

12. shublee

shublee ~ShahRukhaholic

just becos he is busy with Ra.1 right now does not mean he won tmake this film
    i hope vishal will wait a little, let the main promotions of ra.1 get out of the way or let him finish ZKJ shoot or something

right now he has a lot on his plate

& breaking news my a**

13. JUG

JUG Well-Known Member

Ra.one is done
    Don2 will be over by March
    ZKJ is also done

SO shah is free for vishal's movie. i am sure they are just creating non-sense. No major newspaper is carrying this report

14. shublee

shublee ~ShahRukhaholic

^see, thats why this "breaking news" is lame :D
    im sure the movie will go ahead soon

15. sheruka

sheruka SRK forever

16. Becy

Becy Well-Known Member

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think SRK has ever confirmed he would do Two States. All he confirmed was, that he and Vishal Bhardwaj were discussing a project - nothing finalized, no title, no dates.

Everything else was media talk.

17. jg2k

jg2k The.One

Becy, he mentioned in one of his interviews that he has started working on Two States. So if there isn't a difference in creative opinion I guess all this fallout news might just be rumors!

Here's the link to that interview: http://planetsrk.com/forums/showpost.php?p=769601&postcount=1

18. Chamz

Chamz Well-Known Member

Acc to a reliable source its confirmed SRK is doing the film based on Chetan Bhagat's 'Two States' 2 b directed by Vishal Bharadwaj.

The official announcement on 'Two States' film will be made soon putting all speculation in tabloids to rest...

Faridoon Shahryar

http://twitter.com/Faridoon_S

19. shublee

shublee ~ShahRukhaholic

^yippee :cheer2:

really looking forward to the film now
    read the book & it was ok-ish. obviously the film is going to be an adaptation so a lot of things might be changed i hope :D

20. rollercoast

rollercoast Zindagi

He tweeted once that he wants his next film to be a small-scale romance. Does this fit the bill? If so, I am reaaaaally happy about it! :madgrin: