1. FORUM IS READ ONLY

Please read this thread!
    THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT OVER THE YEARS.
    Dismiss Notice

“There Are Only Two Khans,”

Discussion in 'Shah Rukh Khan Dhamaal' started by Alana, Oct 14, 2006.

1. Meghna04

Meghna04 ChakDe SRK!

It was long enough to feel and know that he's the modest, humble man who he is.... I've met him twice... both was different... but my opinion get stronger with the second meeting with him...

Believe me.. I'll promise this to you... if you will meet him someday in person, you'll say and feel the same!

I confess... first I was sceptical about him too... I've thought: "This man is too smooth...", but when I've seen him at the Temptation concert, I've slowly changed my opinion... although I was many many metres from him away! :suspicious:
    But after the meetings in Frankfurt and Hamburg last year... I'm sure... he is the most humble and modest human, which I've ever met and not at all arrogant!

2. Alana

Alana New Member

All I say to this is aha...............

when I'm honest I don't want to change my mind..........this would destroy a picture and I like the picture I have.
    But since I see that my picture from Karan is not destroyed I'm pretts sure that I will don't change my opinion about Shahrukh..........I can very good live with an arrogant Shahrukh.....

3. Meghna04

Meghna04 ChakDe SRK!

It's OK for me Alana! :)

4. Tanjusik

Tanjusik New Member

I agreed with Wafa, ashig and Latehebreuse complitely! When I read such kind of his words like those I never even think that he is arrogand. Because if you can feel his stile of his behavior with the media and if you can feel him as a human being I could never call him "arrogand" That word is not matched for him at all as I can understand its meaning! He has got high level of humor,irony skills and he can use it in very right way! He is briliant person!

5. layla-val

layla-val Active Member

He wasn't being arrogant, I saw this on TV and he said it so toungue in cheek and with a twinkle in his eye, the press there actually laughed. :D If you are a fan of SRK, then you get to know when he is being flippant :rolleyes: and if asked silly questions, expect equally silly answers :p

6. Poonam

Poonam New Member

I wonder if anyone recorded this clip? Because then, all this arguing would be totally unnecessary. I saw it on TV. First, when SRK made this statement, he was smiling that lovely naughty smile of his and you could see was just being humourous. It was like he was saying to the media, "You guys want me to say something arrogant? OK, I'll give you what you want!". He does this very often in interviews, deliberately making those "arrogant" quotes, because they make for such great sound bytes. But watch his expression and you'll know he's not at all serious.

Later in the clip, he said there was no competition between JeM and Don, there was actually plenty of space because the 2 films belonged to different genres - romance and-action thriller . He also said,"I wish them well."

I would never use the term arrogant for SRK because it lumps him with a lot of others there who strut around like peacocks because they are "stars", when they haven't achieved even a tiny fraction of what he has. People often mistake his supreme self-confidence and lack of pretension to be arrogance, because it's not the "typical " Indian way - when you're that successful, you are not supposed to flaunt it. SRK often does it, with great style and some see it as "arrogance". They fail to perceive the often self-mocking tone he uses.

I guess you can't win 'em all. Carry on Shah Rukh!
    :D

P.S. A close friend from Mumbai recently told me a silly story about Mallika Sherawat which typifies this "arrogance" of small stars. It may not be a complete lie because this friend's source lives in the same building as MS. Too long to go into here, but maybe I'll put it in the "Member Masala".

7. KhushiDreamz

KhushiDreamz G.One Squad Member

I totally agree with you Poonam

8. Pakiza

Pakiza New Member

arjum rampal too?!:scared:

9. Poonam

Poonam New Member

This is what I meant! Thanks to the media, people like this guy are often in the news. But they are actually very small in terms of achievements. To be charitable, I think a lot of them simply cannot handle the media glare and loss of privacy. But they also need this publicity. So they take refuge in rudeness. But there are others as well for whom even a tiny success goes to their head.SRK seems to be among the very, very few who's open, cheerful and takes it all in his stride.

10. layla-val

layla-val Active Member

I completely agree with Poonam, I saw that interview, and his tongue was firmly in his cheek :D and mischief written all over his face :thumb: especially when he said "Dude there are only two Khan's, Genghis Khan and Shahrukh Khan" :D :biggrin1:

It was sheer delight to see Shahrukh at his naughtiest :p His face said it all,
    "if you want arrogance I'll give you arrogance, and do with it what you will" :thumb:

Like Poonam said carry on Shahrukh :p :D :thumb:

11. Shina001

Shina001 Tina

I would like to know tht to:confused:

12. Wafa

Wafa I want my Mom!!!

Arjun and John are very nice with their fans. my statement was based on a comments and incidents I was told by people in the industry who work directly with both of them. when they were small time actors, they were down to earth to those associate, after they got bigger it gotten to their heads and started acting like "Stars" if you know what I mean... but when they both meet fans they are very nice to them.

13. Wafa

Wafa I want my Mom!!!

I agree. but to John and arjun's defense, in all the times the I met them, they have been very cordial and sweet. only when they deal with associates fro their own industry they require "star" treatments.

14. Wafa

Wafa I want my Mom!!!

I replied to that on page 1. ;)

15. srk_mai

srk_mai New Member

there is nothing wrong that shahrukh khan says..
    he always knows what he is saying.. he never tries to offend anyone..

16. Wafa

Wafa I want my Mom!!!

good poin mai, he never offended anyone and there is nothing wrong with saying that he is the best or the king.

17. Heba

Heba Active Member

Salman beated him in the poll!!!!!!! I can't believe it. He is the most wonderful person ever. How did it happen. But it doesn't matter at all, The most important poll is in our hearts.

18. 1Feyenoord

1Feyenoord Member

Thats what Kank effect..srk popularity in india decreasing :(

19. Wafa

Wafa I want my Mom!!!

Just because they didn't like kank, I don't think his popularity is decreasing, most people are on their toes to see Don now and SRK survives all this weathering as he has done before many times.