1. FORUM IS READ ONLY

Please read this thread!
    THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT OVER THE YEARS.
    Dismiss Notice

“Shah Rukh has his agenda, I have mine!” (Indiatimes interview)

Discussion in 'Shah Rukh Khan Dhamaal' started by Aishagul, Feb 16, 2006.

1. Aishagul

Aishagul Turkish Delight :p

“Shah Rukh has his agenda, I have mine!” Aziz Mirza’s exclusive!

Last couple of years you’ve kept a low-profile, sitting back and enjoying ‘producer’ status?

“Frankly, that’s my nature, I’m 64 now. I don’t have to jump around to be in the news for anything. I’ve always lived like this and I want to die this way. If you observe my career record you’ll know that I’ve made five films in eleven years and four-five serials. After I complete a film I enjoy unwinding and relaxing. I like the idea of doing ‘nothing’, its difficult to do nothing, yet remain sane. I don’t think everyone can do it. I enjoy playing Bridge, going for long drives...I like ‘being’. I am damn good company to myself. I admire people who’re relentless workers, but each to his own. One day I was reading an article about a big industrialist buying and taking over several business ventures at the same time; I paused and asked myself, ‘Do I want to be in his shoes?’ The answer was – No. Some are happy earning million dollars, but I can’t be such a workaholic for anything.”

You have a select social circle, outside which hardly much exists. Reason why tongues wagged extra when you and buddy Shah Rukh chose not to work together?

“ It takes all types to make this world. Shah Rukh and I go back a long way; the special relationship we share is something between me and him to talk about. Not open to the public. They media reads it as a problem, the truth is that there cannot be a problem between us. People want to make news of this. Shah Rukh has his agenda, I have mine. Our relationship has nothing to do with the films we’re doing. When I do another film with SRK, the whole world will know.”

And what was Salman’s reaction on being offered your film?

“Well, Salim (Salman’s father) and I have known each other since 1956. The first home Salim entered when he came to Mumbai was mine. We would hang around and watch films together as bachelor boys. That’s the relationship we share. Tell me, how do I explain this to people? Considering we’re so close, and Salman is such a talented star, I wanted to do a film with him someday. It’s as simple as that. I know we both will be overjoyed working with each other.”

A media report stated that you were going ahead without Salman now? What was that all about?

“The news is completely untrue. I was always aware that Salman had other commitments and the idea was that whenever he’s free he’d do my film. This was decided verbally between me and him, and it still stands true. The day I have his time and dates I’d love to start off on the project. We weren’t even supposed to start a film now; it may even be 2-3 years before it takes off. I don’t know how anyone can claim that he’s not doing my film, or I’m doing it without him. It’ll happen sometime we’re sure; in the meanwhile I’m working on other projects.”

You’re known to work with very few actors?

“ I would love to work with a lot of people; my only problem is I have to make that many films. As I said before, my films are far and few and I’m not a workaholic.”

What happened to Arclights and Dreamz launched by SRK, Juhi and you?

“SRK, Juhi and I have a tremendous rapport, it’s very deep and above everything else. Whenever I do a film with SRK I will do it with ‘Arclights’, or Shah Rukh’s ‘Red Chillies’ ... in fact, it doesn’t even matter which of these banners the film belongs to. Shah Rukh, Juhi and I are beyond Arclights, Red Chillies and Dreamz. Our relationship is difficult for others to fathom.”

Heard you’re writing a film for your daughter, Rahela?

“Yes, Rahela is turning producer, so I have a very solid maker who’s making me work very hard. That’s the problem. When a daughter-producer pushes me to work I have to do it. Ha! Ha!”

(Source: indiatimes.com)

-----------------------------------------

"Shah Rukh, Juhi and I are beyond Arclights, Red Chillies and Dreamz. Our relationship is difficult for others to fathom." => Take that gossip mongers!!!:cool:

2. Wafa

Wafa I want my Mom!!!

thanks Aish. I'm glad they set the records straight directly from the Aziz ji. he is in a different age group and naturally his social circle will be different than srk's. and srk's plans were different than Aziz thats probably why they didnt work together since chalte chalte, that doesnt mean they have a problem.

3. Pakiza

Pakiza New Member

thx Aish interesting...didnt know Aziz is 64!! doesnt look that old

4. Astri

Astri New Member

It takes all types to make this world. Shah Rukh and I go back a long way; the special relationship we share is something between me and him to talk about. Not open to the public. They media reads it as a problem, the truth is that there cannot be a problem between us. People want to make news of this.

Rite...Media :mad: Just wanna make news.

5. TARA

TARA "K3T"-Member

Yes, thanks for sharing this clear spoken words by Aziz.
    Its bitter truth, that medias use all things to make stories, even when this friends dont make a new work together again, for sometimes.

Why they have to be so stupid?
    I dont like it.:mad:

6. Mazerq_j

Mazerq_j Well-Known Member

thanx aish...
    exactly as what i felt abt their realtionship...very special and beyond anything, hard for other people to understand esp press who likes to create news and controversy

aziz saab is much more mature and full of experience. those nonsense will not affecting him

7. josh

josh Member

Only Aziz and SHAHRUKH known how deep and strong their friendship is.I´m sure the rumors do´nt disturb the both.The media needs stuff and if they do´nt get it than they invent something.They have done it about SHAHRUKH and Kajol´s man also.
    I think if anybody has problems with anybody than it is their problem and they must see how they handle it.Right?
    For me it is more important how SHAHRUKH treats HIS fans.And HE is very friendly to us.Or?

8. Lachchi

Lachchi Well-Known Member

Hey!
    I total agree with you.
    Sometimes I don`t understand. I think it must be envy.
    God Bless
    Lachchi

9. Meghna04

Meghna04 ChakDe SRK!

Thanks Aish!

I'm really glad about Aziz's statement!
    And all the rest from the media is stupid!!!

10. K

K I love you Shah Rukh. Staff Member

Thanks Aishagul.:)

11. cute_srk

cute_srk Well-Known Member

Nice article, and yes i'm happy that they have got everything cleared, but i dunno Azizji seems to be kinda strange to me, oh well. Thanks Aish.

12. lamya

lamya Well-Known Member

Thanx aish, it should put an end to all those rumours...

13. srk_no1_fan

srk_no1_fan New Member

thx for sharing Aish