1. FORUM IS READ ONLY

Please read this thread!
    THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT OVER THE YEARS.
    Dismiss Notice

“Sanju is the real Munnabhai", Shahrukh

Discussion in 'Shah Rukh Khan Dhamaal' started by Wafa, Oct 27, 2006.

1. Wafa

Wafa I want my Mom!!!

Munnabhai MBBS' director Rajkumar Hirani, at the beginning, selected Shah Rukh Khan for Munnabhai's role. However it couldn't work out as Shah Rukh was then in abroad for his back surgery. In a recent interview Shah Rukh said he loved the script very much but he had to give up the film because he could not have asked them to wait for him till his recovery.

Expressing his deep satisfaction on Sanjay Dutta's portrayal as Munnabhai, Shah Rukh said, “Sanju is the real Munnabhai. I genuinely think that Sanju is outstanding. There's this amazing and enduring big brotherly love in Sanju's Munnabhai, which I don't think I would have been able to bring to the table.”
    Like ‘Munnabhai MBBS', its sequel ‘Lage Raho Munnabhai' also floored the Bollywood king.

2. sanjani

sanjani Ullu-Club Member

Yes, I think he is right.

I try to get those movies, I really want to see them...

Thanks, Wafa for sharing. :)

3. sweetie

sweetie Member

Awwwwww that's so sweet of him to say that. I think it would've been cool though to see Shahrukh as Munnabhai

4. clochette

clochette New Member

I don't know if ShahRukh ist right, but nevertheless it's very modest and kind to say this about Sanjay. I think he would have done a very good Munnabhai, too, if there weren't his surgery - he knows a lot about "big brotherly love".

5. Pakiza

Pakiza New Member

awwww so sweet of him to say:heart:

6. coolcat

coolcat Well-Known Member

SRK right no one can make munnbhai better than sanjay himself

7. mysur

mysur New Member

right

8. avggomez

avggomez New Member

i'm gald he ddint do them. they were excellent movies, but i dnt think it fits SRK. Sanju was extreamly wonderful in that role. gret movies with lot of fun.

baught lage Raho Munna Bai as well. have to watch it soon.

9. Wafa

Wafa I want my Mom!!!

I'll have to disagree with you amali. SRK too would have done wonderful in the MBBS. I would love to see him doing that role.

10. Michelle

Michelle THE BAADSHAH RULES!

i completely agree with this point of shahrukh.sanju baba indeed is the real munna bhai.:thumb:

11. layla-val

layla-val Active Member

Everything happens for a reason I guess :eek:

Thanks Wafa :)

12. lamya

lamya Well-Known Member

that was very sweet of shahrukh to say....and i have to agree with wafa, i think shahrukh would have been very good in that role

13. jg2k

jg2k The.One

well our King... guess he would have made a "more intelligent" munna bhai... :D :p :D :bump2: :brushteeth: :cool2:

14. Astri

Astri New Member

It will be a different character of Munnabhai between Shahrukh and Sanju.