1. FORUM IS READ ONLY

Please read this thread!
    THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT OVER THE YEARS.
    Dismiss Notice

“Please stop comparing me to super stars like Shah Rukh & Salman… Shahid Kapur

Discussion in 'Shah Rukh Khan Dhamaal' started by Kalsoom_24, Dec 15, 2006.

1. Kalsoom_24

Kalsoom_24 New Member

S hahid Kapur: “Please stop comparing me to super stars like Shah Rukh & Salman… It puts a lot of pressure on me.”

MADHUREETA MUKHERJEE

INDIATIMES MOVIES

[​IMG]

He’s tinsel ville’s most adored chocolate hero. And women of course love men with that boyish-babyish touch. Soft on the exterior, but rock solid within. That’s S hahid Kapur for you. Recently there was a lot of speculation on whether he’ll live up to the name ‘Prem’ that’s been epitomized by Salman Khan. Even Sooraj Barjatya went on to say...”Salman in my ultimate Prem”. How did that make him feel? Insecure? “Not at all. I have grown up watching Salman’s Maine Pyar Kiya and Hum Aapke Hain Kaun, and there’s no denying that he is the original Prem. There is no replacement for the original Prem - Salman. Soorajji chose me for the role in Vivaah because he needed someone in the twenties,” he clarifies.

[​IMG]

He’s young, vibrant, and talented alright. But there’s a hitch. He looks younger than most girls in the industry, and filmmakers face a casting ‘ouch’ because of this. Sporting his affable grin he says, “My directors often come kicking me, and say, ‘Okay now we have cast you...where do we get a heroine?’ I guess things have a way of working out. I let my directors’ stress about that, I have done nine films and we’ve managed somehow, I guess we will manage in the future too. I am sure new girls will be coming in to the industry, and who knows....they can launch with me. There is a slight problem out there but the casting falls in to place.”

[​IMG]

He’s known to be a stickler for perfection. Doesn’t that offend the others around? “I don’t know why people add these tags to me. I think everyone tries to give their best shot. Aren’t we here to do a great job of what we’ve been asked to do? Aren’t we here to better ourselves?” he stresses.

[​IMG]

Right! S hahid can’t afford to be anything short of the best, because his toughest critic is waiting for him back home. “My Dad (actor Pankaj Kapur) is very critical of my work. After most of my films he looks at me and says – ‘What exactly are you doing? What are these films about?’ Being an actor of such high caliber, he has very high expectations of me, so when he watches me doing stuff that’s not up to the mark, he’s disappointed. He is right whenever he says it, a lot of times I don’t agree with him immediately, but when I look back I say to myself – Yes, Dad was right. But when he sees some good work, he’s very encouraging too. Of course, I have a long way to go before Dad can look at my work and say...”Wow!” says Kapur lad, at this modest best.

[​IMG]

We heard he’s become very choosy about his roles and...before we finish, he interrupts, ‘No, not choosy. have become patient. I realized that in the last three years I made a few mistakes as far as choosing the right scripts are concerned. I want to be wary now.”

[​IMG]

At the start of his career he was touted as the next Shah Rukh Khan. Now that he’s stepped in to Salman’s shoes (playing Prem in Vivaah ), comparisons with this Khan must be hounding him. “Please stop comparing me to such big super stars like Shah Rukh Khan and Salman Khan. It puts a lot of pressure on me. I’m very new and I’m very young. I am lucky to be where I am. It is very unfair; it puts them down when they are compared to me, they have worked hard over a long period of time to be where they are. I would like to create an own little place for myself as Shahid Kapur...and not as the ‘next someone else’. That’s what I am striving for. Nobody can take their place and I don’t intend do. I just want to be in my space,” reiterated S hahid.

We see a big star in the making. Sure the superstars would agree too.

http://movies.indiatimes.com/articleshow/msid-820644,curpg-1.cms

2. Poonam

Poonam New Member

I feel sorry for him, he's still so young. The media just goes crazy sometimes. He looked a bit, just a teeny bit like SRK early on, but he never had Shah Rukh's intensity or charisma - and his choice of roles were sad. Yet, the journos went to town calling him 'the next SRK' and silly stuff like that. They can be so irresponsible.

3. Kalsoom_24

Kalsoom_24 New Member

s hahid has been choosing bad script and he is no where close to srk or salman.

4. Pakiza

Pakiza New Member

Re: “Please stop comparing me to super stars like Shah Rukh & Salman… :) Kapur

yeah i rember that...he even looks too young for kareena:tape: :scared:

i liked him in vivah.:) but earlier when he was new like in ishq vishk boy his dance steps really annoyed me