1. FORUM IS READ ONLY

Please read this thread!
    THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT OVER THE YEARS.
    Dismiss Notice

“I want to leave behind 100 great films for people & 10 for my kids”

Discussion in 'Shah Rukh Khan Dhamaal' started by Masala Maami, May 6, 2006.

1. Masala Maami

Masala Maami New Member

Life has been a roller-coaster ride for Shahrukh Khan. With his long list of achievements over all these years, SRK, as he is popularly known as, has the entire film industry eating out of his hands. His wish is their command. He does only what he wants to. And that is one of the reasons that he is doing only two or three films in a year. “I don’t plan things or films, they just happen. I look for scripts and stories that would relate to a cross section of people and society. Mother, father, son, brothers, lovers, macho men…. all of them would like to watch that film. I therefore try to do entertainers. In between, I also produce films like Paheli and Asoka,” says Shahrukh.

Although he is more than fifty films old yet his personal list of ten best films has crossed just 2-3 mark which includes Dilwale Dulhaniya Le Jayenge (with Chopras), Kuch Kuch Hota Hai (with best friend Karan Johar) and Swades (with Ashutosh Gowarikar). Shahrukh fondly informs, “Ideally, I would like to believe that I have not done even one out of the ten best films, but yes, DDLJ, KKHH and Swades are films which I can vouch for but there are still seven more to go.”

“An actor never retires. When an actor starts working in our industry, he is not given any appointment letter. He is not fired. Things keep changing and so do the taste of cinegoers. Just as a newer version of a car takes over the old model, an actor’s fate is decided in similar fashion. Therefore I’m just working and have no plans for retirement,” says the superstar.

SRK, one of the biggest stars of Bollywood so far, truly believes that a friend in need is a friend indeed. So naturally, he is a well wisher of colleague and buddy Salman Khan. “When I came to this industry, Salman’s family had been very nice and helpful to me. I truly wish that all this had not happened to a wonderful person like Salman. The price one has to pay for stardom is that you are judged even before your crime is proved,” retorts the Badshah.

An alumnus of St. Columbus School, New Delhi, Shahrukh’s philosophy of life is drawn from the motto written on the flag he used to carry in the march past in his school days- Do your best and leave the rest. Shahrukh adds, “My films will speak for me. I want to leave behind hundred great films for the people who have loved me so much over all these years. But ten special ones for my children.”

2. Anisa

Anisa New Member

Sooooooooo sweet. I love you Shahru. Mwah. Tfs Meh.

3. vwelling

vwelling lois87

thanks for sharing

4. Wafa

Wafa I want my Mom!!!

God bless him, he is a wonderful example as a human being and as an entertainer.

5. layla-val

layla-val Active Member

What lovely sentiments:) Thanks for sharing.

6. Meghna04

Meghna04 ChakDe SRK!

Thanks Meh, for this wonderful and sweet article! :hug:

The price one has to pay for stardom is that you are judged even before your crime is proved,”

Well said! :thumb:

I want to leave behind hundred great films for the people who have loved me so much over all these years.

What if he has done hundred films??? :confused:
    I want to see more!!! ;)

But ten special ones for my children

How sweet! :heart: :kiss: :hug: :kiss: :heart:

7. annous

annous New Member

He never ever disappoints in his interviews.. so thoughtful and intelligent
    as Wafa said.. God bless him .. what a man!

8. avggomez

avggomez New Member

cute as ever!!!!! luv u SRK ji. u r the best!!!!

9. cadisha

cadisha Tiger Tamer

I adore him for wanting that his children are proud of him. It shows how much he loves them and how much he cares about them and their future! :heart:

Oh Enass, where got you that sig from? I looooooooooooove it! :D And that dialogue :pound:

10. annous

annous New Member

I made the animation( one of my favorite scenes in Swades).. the dialogue though is not me.. somebody else came up with that:D

11. cadisha

cadisha Tiger Tamer

Haha, thats sooooooooo funny, I really loooooooooove it! :D
    I can't remember that scene, I should watch the movie again :D And sorry for going off topic again ;) :sorry:

12. romy

romy New Member

what a lovely man . :heart: sharukh you are wounderfull.:heart: :)
    thanx meh:thumb:

13. I<3SRK

I<3SRK New Member

aww, that's so sweet ... thanx for sharing the article Meh, and Enass, i luv ur lil quote at the bottom of the sig:D

14. Pakiza

Pakiza New Member

awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww i wanna hug him sooooooo badly!!

But ten special ones for my children.”
    :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

thx meh

15. Weda

Weda SRK's Sweetheart

Shahrukh.....:hug::hug::hug::hug:

Thanks Meh :kiss:

16. K

K I love you Shah Rukh. Staff Member

Thanks Meh.:)

17. Masala Maami

Masala Maami New Member

Pleasure's mine :)

18. lamya

lamya Well-Known Member

shahrukh , you really are a very special personn and in more than one way....

19. Mazerq_j

Mazerq_j Well-Known Member

Thanx shah rukh

very thoughtful

20. sanjani

sanjani Ullu-Club Member

Because of his many more films to come in the nearer future
    my life will not be boring. :) :D :thumb: :thumb:

He's always so thoughtful and caring,
    I am sure I will love every film he will do....:)

Brita